Summa WRH director receives patriot award
|Photo courtesy of Summa Western Reserve Hospital|
The Patriot Award, a U.S. Pentagon-level honor from the Defense Department’s Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR) program, is presented to supervisors and reflects their efforts to support Guardsman or Reservist employees through measures including flexible scheduling, time off prior to and after deployment, caring for families and granting leaves of absence, if needed.
Pentagon representative Chaker Fadel, Lt. Col., USAF (Ret.), visited Summa WRH to present the award to Yee. He is shown at right, with Yee, at center, and Vice President of Patient Care Services/CNO Suzanne Gill in the photo at right.
“We are very proud of all the great work Sue does to manage and accommodate reservists and other military staff members, as well as all employees at our hospital,” Gill said. “She excels in all aspects of her job in delivering care and serving as a mentor to other nurses, and this tremendous honor is a testament to her leadership.”
More Business News
Calendar of Events
- Metro Parks Book Club: “Pleasant Valley” by Louis Bromfiel - 1/25/2015
- University of Akron Steel Drum Band - 1/25/2015
- “A Midsummer Night’s Dream” - 1/25/2015
- NARI Home Improvement Show - 1/25/2015
- Snuggle Up and Read Around the Campfire: for kindergarten through grade 5 - 1/26/2015