West Side Business News & Notes
Nov. 24 is Small Business Saturday
GREATER AKRON — Small Business Saturday is a day dedicated to supporting small businesses on the busiest shopping weekend of the year.
The Better Business Bureau (BBB) is spreading awareness and advising consumers to support the small businesses in their area Nov. 24. For the third year in a row, American Express OPEN has declared the Saturday after Thanksgiving to be Small Business Saturday.
Businesses can take advantage of free tools offered online at www.facebook.com/Small BusinessSaturday, including free signage, free ads on Twitter and ideas to help grow your business.
Last year, more than 100 million people came together to “shop small” in their communities on Small Business Saturday, according to BBB officials.
For more information on Small Business Saturday, visit www.smallbusinesssaturday .com.
Versona Accessories now open at Summit Mall
FAIRLAWN — Versona Accessories opened its newest store Nov. 15 in Summit Mall at 3265 W. Market St., next to Dillard’s North.
The store carries jewelry, handbags, shoes, belts, scarves, hair accessories, sunglasses, gift items and more, according to mall officials. Merchandise is organized by color and trends.
Cindy Rossetti will manage the new store, and Versona will employ approximately 25 store associates.
For details, visit www.Ver sonaAccessories.com.
Stephanie Kist contributed to these reports.
More Business News
- Upscale items found at La Daisy Boutique
- CrossFit Copley event benefits Battered Women’s Shelter
- West Side Business News & Notes
- Acme presents checks to Green Schools
- Clock Tower Landing debuts
- Summa implementing program for tradespeople
- Front Porch Café now open
- Smokey’s hosts customer appreciation event
- South Side Business News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- The University of Akron Brass Choir’s “Home for Thanksgiving” - 11/23/2014
- Jerry McNamee book signing - 11/23/2014
- Metro Parks Book Club: “Choosing Wildness” by Claude Arbour - 11/23/2014
- Candlelight Walk - 11/23/2014
- The University of Akron Percussion Ensemble - 11/24/2014