South Side Business News & Notes
Tractor Supply Co. opening in Lakemore
LAKEMORE — Construction is under way for a new Tractor Supply Co. store in Lakemore, the company’s 80th Ohio location.
Tractor Supply Co. is the largest retail farm and ranch supply store chain in the United States and has been operating in Ohio since 1948, according to company officials. Stores focus on supplying the lifestyle needs of recreational farmers and ranchers, and serves the maintenance needs of those who enjoy the rural lifestyle, as well as tradesmen and small businesses. For more information about the store, visit www.TractorSupply.com.
The Lakemore Tractor Supply store will be located in a former grocery space at 1500 Canton Road, Suite 370, and will employ 12 to 17 full- and part-time team members, according to company officials. The store will include a sales floor and support service space. A fenced exterior space will be used for storage and displaying items such as fencing, sprayers and livestock equipment.
“Tractor Supply looks forward to being a member of the Lakemore community,” said District Manager John Queen. “Lakemore is a great fit due to the part-time and hobby farmers and horse owners in the area.”
Project contractor Amoebia Construction, of Wooster, began construction on the new store Nov. 26. A completion date has been tentatively set for early March 2013, according to company officials.
Maria Lindsay contributed to this report.
More Business News
- Upscale items found at La Daisy Boutique
- CrossFit Copley event benefits Battered Women’s Shelter
- West Side Business News & Notes
- Acme presents checks to Green Schools
- Clock Tower Landing debuts
- Summa implementing program for tradespeople
- Front Porch Café now open
- Smokey’s hosts customer appreciation event
- South Side Business News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- The University of Akron Percussion Ensemble - 11/24/2014
- Stewart’s Caring Place: A Cancer Wellness Center Events - 11/25/2014
- Pre-Holiday Book Sale - 11/26/2014
- Nature Drawing for Adults - 11/26/2014
- Joseph Arthur - 11/26/2014