New dialysis center serving area residents
|Photos courtesy of U.S. Renal Care|
Barberton Mayor Bill Judge, Chamber of Commerce Director Joe Fazek, local officials, area hospital leaders, health care advocates, patients and physicians gathered recently to mark the opening of the facility.
“We strive to be very patient-focused, both in terms of need and ensuring that our patients have access to the highest-quality dialysis care,” said Dr. Datinder Deo, a nephrologist who will serve as the facility’s medical director. “This new U.S. Renal Care facility will give local patients expanded access to care closer to home while also offering a choice in providers. It will also help bring peace of mind to patients and their families by providing them with a healing environment and a care team that puts patient needs above all else.”
Deo (second from left) is shown above left with local officials, staff and patients at the ribbon cutting of the new facility.
Patients will have access to dieticians, social workers and nurses providing patients and their families with support and resources. The new center comes equipped with massage chairs and personal TVs at each station, and the décor features calming wall colors and a fireplace, according to company officials.
In addition to in-center dialysis treatment, a U.S. Renal Care Home Therapies program soon will open shortly at 3300 Greenwich Road in Norton. The program provides education and training for patients who choose to dialyze in their homes. Deo also will serve as the medical director for that program.
These facilities are U.S. Renal Care’s first in Northeast Ohio, with seven others in the state.
For more information on the Barberton facility, call 330-753-7280, and for more on the Norton facility, call 330-825-2354.
More Business News
- Upscale items found at La Daisy Boutique
- CrossFit Copley event benefits Battered Women’s Shelter
- West Side Business News & Notes
- Acme presents checks to Green Schools
- Clock Tower Landing debuts
- Summa implementing program for tradespeople
- Front Porch Café now open
- Smokey’s hosts customer appreciation event
- South Side Business News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- The University of Akron Percussion Ensemble - 11/24/2014
- Stewart’s Caring Place: A Cancer Wellness Center Events - 11/25/2014
- Pre-Holiday Book Sale - 11/26/2014
- Nature Drawing for Adults - 11/26/2014
- Joseph Arthur - 11/26/2014