South Side Business News & Notes
Portage Lakes Cruises offering tours of lakes
PORTAGE LAKES — A new business venture, Portage Lakes Cruises, is now offering pontoon boat tours of the Portage Lakes.
The two-and-a-half hour tour on a 24-foot pontoon boat is led by certified captain and owner Judy Narducci.
Narducci explained that each excursion can be customized to suit passengers, and the boat accommodates up to eight people in a safe and friendly environment. Specialty trips include a historical tour, a wildlife cruise, a pub crawl and rides centered around homes and gardens. Birthday, meeting and other event groups are welcomed, according to Narducci.
Refreshments are included during the ride, or available at any of the local eateries along the shores. The cost of a boat tour starts at $35 per person, and discounts are available for seniors and for midweek events.
Maria Lindsay contributed to this report.
More Business News
- Upscale items found at La Daisy Boutique
- CrossFit Copley event benefits Battered Women’s Shelter
- West Side Business News & Notes
- Acme presents checks to Green Schools
- Clock Tower Landing debuts
- Summa implementing program for tradespeople
- Front Porch Café now open
- Smokey’s hosts customer appreciation event
- South Side Business News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- The University of Akron Brass Choir’s “Home for Thanksgiving” - 11/23/2014
- Jerry McNamee book signing - 11/23/2014
- Metro Parks Book Club: “Choosing Wildness” by Claude Arbour - 11/23/2014
- Candlelight Walk - 11/23/2014
- The University of Akron Percussion Ensemble - 11/24/2014