South Side Business News & Notes
Employee of Distinction Award nominations being accepted
SOUTH AKRON — Goodwill Industries is offering employers in Summit, Medina, Portage, Ashland and Richland counties an opportunity to give their stellar employees the recognition and appreciation deserved through the Employee of Distinction Award Luncheon hosted by Goodwill Industries.
Employers can nominate, at no cost, the employees they would like to publicly recognize. The deadline to nominate employees is July 31. Every honoree is acknowledged at the event, listed in the commemorative program and in the running to receive one of the five 2013 Employees of Distinction Awards. All honorees also will receive two free tickets to a performance at the Akron Civic Theater.
This year’s keynote speaker is Hideo “Hank” Hara, chief technology officer at Bridgestone Americas in Akron.
A panel of independent judges will select the top five employees. The winners will be announced at the event and will be given a special gift from Shulan’s Fairlawn Jewelers.
Employers can nominate as many employees as they wish, and there is no fee for nominations. However, each ticket at the event, including honorees, is $30. Advertising and sponsorship opportunities also are available for the event.
Employers can download the nomination form, make reservations for the luncheon and learn about sponsorship and advertising opportunities at www.goodwillakron.org. Questions about the Employee of Distinction Luncheon can be directed to Tracy Keenan at 330-786-2573 or email@example.com.
The luncheon will take place Sept. 4 at 11:30 a.m. at Guy’s Party Centre, 500 E. Waterloo Road.
AABOR, CABOR merges
AKRON — Members of the Akron (AABOR) and Cleveland (CABOR) area boards of Realtors have voted to merge the two organizations.
CABOR members voted online between July 3 and 17, while AABOR members voted at a special membership meeting July 17.
The boards will be unified and renamed the Akron Cleveland Association of Realtors (ACAR), effective Oct. 1.
The current CABOR and AABOR buildings will both be retained by the new association to be utilized as service delivery sites. A CEO will be hired.
For details, visit www.aabor.com or call 330-434-6677.
Stephanie Kist and Maria Lindsay contributed to these reports.
More Business News
- Upscale items found at La Daisy Boutique
- CrossFit Copley event benefits Battered Women’s Shelter
- West Side Business News & Notes
- Acme presents checks to Green Schools
- Clock Tower Landing debuts
- Summa implementing program for tradespeople
- Front Porch Café now open
- Smokey’s hosts customer appreciation event
- South Side Business News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- The University of Akron Brass Choir’s “Home for Thanksgiving” - 11/23/2014
- Jerry McNamee book signing - 11/23/2014
- Metro Parks Book Club: “Choosing Wildness” by Claude Arbour - 11/23/2014
- Candlelight Walk - 11/23/2014
- The University of Akron Percussion Ensemble - 11/24/2014