South Side Business News & Notes
Lake Chamber hosting anniversary event
HARTVILLE — The Lake Chamber of Commerce will celebrate its 25th anniversary Sept. 19 from 5 to 8 p.m. at Sable Creek Golf Course, located at 5942 Edison St. N.E.
Under the theme of “Together We Are One Chamber and One Community,” the event will feature entertainment by JoyUnspeakable, which brings to life various characters in motionless poses, costumes and animated movements; food tasting and competitions; optional golf and contests; “Networking on 9”; a photo both; and beverages.
The One Bite food tasting will offer samples from local restaurants, candy shops, bakers and more. Participants are invited to cast a vote for Best Sweet, Best Savory and Overall Best Bite in the Best Bite Competition. Winners will be announced that night.
Registration is due by Sept. 16 at noon. To register, call 330-877-5500 or visit www.lakechamber.com/25years.
Norton Acme Fresh Market presents Caroline’s Cart
NORTON — According to company officials, Acme Fresh Market is the first company in Ohio to purchase one of Caroline’s Carts.
The cart is designed specifically for parents of special needs children. Caroline’s Cart faces the child toward his or her parent at all times. The seat (weight limit of 250 pounds) also has a small recline to help with children who have low muscle tone. The handles swing open, and the floor brake engages to allow a convenient load and unload situation. It also has a five-point safety harness that is adjustable.
According to company officials, these features reduce the child’s anxiety because he or she is always facing mom or dad, and parents can shop with confidence knowing their child is safe, comfortable and enjoying the shopping experience.
Earlier this year, Norton shopper Jackie Smolinski asked Acme to consider purchasing one of these carts to allow her son, Luke, who has a mitochondrial disease and seizure disorder, to accompany her on her weekly shopping trips. Norton store Director Dan McPeek was instrumental in Acme making this purchase, according to company officials.
The cart was unveiled recently at the Norton store with Jackie and Steve Smolinski and Luke, age 6.
Stephanie Kist and Maria Lindsay contributed to these reports.
More Business News
- Upscale items found at La Daisy Boutique
- CrossFit Copley event benefits Battered Women’s Shelter
- West Side Business News & Notes
- Acme presents checks to Green Schools
- Clock Tower Landing debuts
- Summa implementing program for tradespeople
- Front Porch Café now open
- Smokey’s hosts customer appreciation event
- South Side Business News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- The University of Akron Percussion Ensemble - 11/24/2014
- Stewart’s Caring Place: A Cancer Wellness Center Events - 11/25/2014
- Pre-Holiday Book Sale - 11/26/2014
- Nature Drawing for Adults - 11/26/2014
- Joseph Arthur - 11/26/2014