West Side Business News & Notes
Six to be honored locally for philanthropy
FAIRLAWN — The Association of Fundraising Professionals North Central Ohio Chapter (AFPNCOH) will celebrate 21 years of community service and support at the organization’s National Philanthropy Day celebration Nov. 8.
The luncheon event, taking place at the Hilton Akron/Fairlawn, will feature the presentation of six philanthropy awards honoring the following individuals and organizations:
- PPI Graphics, Small Business Leadership Award, nominated by Child and Adolescent Behavioral Health and Stark County District Library;
- Medical Mutual and Mutual Health Services, Corporate Leadership Award, nominated by Victim Assistance Program;
- Robert O. & Annamae Orr Family Foundation, Foundation Leadership Award, nominated by Akron Zoo;
- Dr. Milton Cooper and Bob Cooper, Outstanding Philanthropist Award, nominated by Summa Foundation;
- Anthony Solari, Children in Philanthropy Award, nominated by Akron Children’s Hospital; and
- Portage Lakes Polar Bear Club, Special Recognition, nominated by Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank.
Doors will open for guests at 11:30 a.m., and the luncheon will begin at noon. Patron tickets are $75, and Friend tickets are $40. Tables for eight can be purchased for $450.
For more information on the event and to make a reservation by Oct. 28, visit www.afpncoh.org/npd.htm.
Flanagan’s Motorcars LLC has grand opening
CUYAHOGA FALLS — Flanagan’s Motorcars LLC has opened at 4280 State Road.
A grand opening and ribbon-cutting, attended by business and city officials and ambassadors from the Cuyahoga Falls Chamber of Commerce, took place Sept. 20.
The family-owned business specializes in auto sales of $10,000 or less, and can locate specific vehicles.
For details, call 330-858-5019 or visit www.FlanagansMotorcarsLLC.com.
Stephanie Kist contributed to these reports.
More Business News
Calendar of Events
- University of Akron Symphony Orchestra with Ting-Wei Chang and Mario Buchanan - 3/31/2015
- Cheri Homaee - 3/31/2015
- Bongo Joe and Little Steve-O - 4/1/2015
- Author Talk: Irv Korman - 4/1/2015
- Grass is Gross: Edible Landscaping - 4/2/2015