South Side Business News & Notes
South Summit Chamber to present awards
NEW FRANKLIN — The South Summit Chamber of Commerce will recognize business professionals in the community for their contributions at its 109th Annual Chamber Awards Luncheon Oct. 17.
This year’s award winners are:
- Community Leader: Diane Breiding;
- Outstanding Small Business: Jump Frog;
- Outstanding Business Leader: Karen Ayers, of Ayers Insurance; and
- Outstanding Business of the Year: Lake Anna YMCA.
The luncheon is $25 and will be held at Prime 93, 4315 Manchester Road. Registration is at 11 a.m., a buffet lunch starts at 11:30 a.m. and presentations will begin at noon.
To make a reservation, call the Chamber office at 330-745-3141 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Forever Fitness 24 opening
LAKEMORE — Forever Fitness 24 will host a grand-opening celebration Oct. 12 at 1 p.m. at 1500 Canton Road, Suite 110, in the Tri-County Plaza.
Co-owners James Slider and Chad Bowling said the center has been designed to be affordable and accessible to help people reach their fitness goals and achieve a healthy lifestyle.
The 2,000-square-foot center will be open 24 hours a day every day and feature Precor Selectorized treadmills, free weights, Matrix ellipticals and CrossFit Training. A Silver Sneakers program, as well as preworkout and protein drinks for workout recovery will be available to members.
The fitness center includes American College of Sports Medicine-certified personal trainer Scott James, group exercise instructors and Zumba instructor Christy Leenheer, all offering classes that motivate members, according to fitness center owners.
The grand-opening celebration will offer complimentary food and beverages, a raffle for a 32-inch flat-screen TV and new membership signups at 50 percent off, along with a free gift.
Forever Fitness 24 can be reached at 330-794-5273, on Twitter at #ffit24 or at www.facebook.com/foreverfitness24.
Maria Lindsay contributed to these reports.
More Business News
- Upscale items found at La Daisy Boutique
- CrossFit Copley event benefits Battered Women’s Shelter
- West Side Business News & Notes
- Acme presents checks to Green Schools
- Clock Tower Landing debuts
- Summa implementing program for tradespeople
- Front Porch Café now open
- Smokey’s hosts customer appreciation event
- South Side Business News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- The University of Akron Brass Choir’s “Home for Thanksgiving” - 11/23/2014
- Jerry McNamee book signing - 11/23/2014
- Metro Parks Book Club: “Choosing Wildness” by Claude Arbour - 11/23/2014
- Candlelight Walk - 11/23/2014
- The University of Akron Percussion Ensemble - 11/24/2014