Giant Eagle officially opens Green Market District store
|Photo courtesy of Green Giant Eagle Market District|
Shown above, from left, during the event are: Green Chamber of Commerce CEO Lori Howerton; Green Mayor Dick Norton; Florence; Michelle O’Brien, team leader of the Green Market District store; and John Lucot, chief operating officer of Giant Eagle.
According to Giant Eagle officials, the store now offers an in-store restaurant with items such as stone hearth-baked pizzas, hot and cold food bars featuring homestyle favorites and authentic international entrees, and The Sizzling Wok, which specializes in made-to-order stir-fries as well as authentic pho and pad thai.
A 16-seat bar also features a fresh sushi station, and the in-store café features wine by the glass, more than 850 microbrews, craft and specialty beers and growler refills of craft brews.
The new addition offers an expanded selection of fresh, regionally grown produce, an enhanced selection of international foods, including natural, organic and specialty items, and a variety of bulk foods. Celebrity appearances, daily cooking demonstrations and interactive events are planned for the store, according to Giant Eagle officials.
More Business News
- Upscale items found at La Daisy Boutique
- CrossFit Copley event benefits Battered Women’s Shelter
- West Side Business News & Notes
- Acme presents checks to Green Schools
- Clock Tower Landing debuts
- Summa implementing program for tradespeople
- Front Porch Café now open
- Smokey’s hosts customer appreciation event
- South Side Business News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- The University of Akron Percussion Ensemble - 11/24/2014
- Stewart’s Caring Place: A Cancer Wellness Center Events - 11/25/2014
- Pre-Holiday Book Sale - 11/26/2014
- Nature Drawing for Adults - 11/26/2014
- Joseph Arthur - 11/26/2014