Green Chamber presenting Christmas Along the Corridor
GREEN — Businesses in Green are inviting area residents to celebrate Small Business Saturday Nov. 30 with a variety of local offerings.
Small Business Saturday, initiated by American Express, is the annual celebration of local businesses to boost local economies and occurs on the Saturday after Thanksgiving, Nov. 30 this year, according to Green Chamber of Commerce officials. It kicks off the holiday season for local shops and restaurants, not only on Massillon Road but other area corridors of retail shopping.
Chamber CEO Lori Howerton said there are a number of reasons for shoppers to participate in the event.
Howerton said local businesses support local charitable causes and activities, with 45 cents of every dollar spent staying in the community. In addition, local businesses positively impact property values and income and property tax collections, and offer employment to area residents.
The Green Chamber is piggybacking off Small Business Saturday with its own twist, Christmas Along the Corridor in Green, with more than 15 local Green businesses offering holiday festivities and special sales from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Some vendors will have booths set up in the Green Branch Library, according to Chamber officials.
Local businesses will offer sales and discounts throughout the day, and some will include a variety of activities. Among those are:
• Menches Brothers Restaurant, Breakfast with Santa, 9 a.m. to noon, offering a breakfast buffet, face painting, stockings for children and photos with Santa. The cost is $8 for children and $10 for adults. Reservations are required by calling 330-896-2288;
• Akron General Health & Wellness Center — Green, Community Open House at the center’s Lifestyles, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., with an opportunity to try a workout and other activities for free, and with free giveaways;
• Green Branch Library, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., offering holiday crafts for children, entertainment by the MacConmara Academy of Irish Dance dancers, refreshments and Cards for Care, a program that gives participants an opportunity to write a card and send it to an area shut-in or military person. Shoppers can also have their gifts wrapped for free;
• Green Giant Eagle Market District, 11 a.m., Tastes of the Holidays food demonstrations; and
• Gerri’s Closet, holiday fashions, along with chair massages and wine and food tastings;
For an up-to-date list of participating businesses and activities being offered, visit www.greencoc.org.
This event is sponsored by Keep Your $ In Green, a movement of the Green Chamber of Commerce, according to Chamber officials.
More Business News
Calendar of Events
- Cardio Hike - 4/18/2015
- Thyme for Dinner: Upcycled - 4/18/2015
- Archery Games for Teens - 4/18/2015
- BBB Secure Your ID Day shredding event - 4/18/2015
- Highland Middle School Art Show - 4/18/2015