Kindermusik at Fairlawn School of Music enriching children
|Young children are shown enjoying a drum activity in a class at Kindermusik at the Fairlawn School of Music.|
|Photo courtesy of Kindermusik at the Fairlawn School of Music|
Located at 201 N. Cleveland-Massillon Road, the 17-year-old program is owned by Kathleen Heydorn.
“I bought the program in 2008 because I believe in the Kindermusik benefits for early childhood education,” said Heydorn. “I am also a Kindermusik mom of two children. One enjoyed the music and now plays the trumpet and one enjoyed the movement and dances for the Ballet Theatre of Ohio.”
Heydorn said she has a master’s degree in early childhood education from Kent State University and is currently a doctoral student in multicultural education.
Heydorn said all the teachers at her business teaching the Kindermusik program have trained with Kindermusik International and have done their student teaching with her.
“As trained and licensed Kindermusik educators, we lead classes through a variety of music and movement activities with proven developmental benefits that include boosting early literacy and language abilities, social-emotional skills and cognitive development, and also offers children opportunities to practice fine- and gross-motor skills in a fun way,” said Heydorn. “We sing, dance, play age-appropriate instruments, read stories and more.”
A new session of three types of classes running 14 to 16 weeks will be offered on various days and times in the Bath studio starting Jan. 14. The classes include:
- Village Moo-Dew, which is geared for a caregiver and child from birth to 18 months old. It teaches songs about the farm and flowers and engages in activities together. This class includes materials to bring home for additional activities.
- Our Time, which is for children ages 18 months to 3 years, explores various forms of transportation and includes associated activities.
- Family Time is for families with children from birth to age 5 who can come together to explore several elements of music, instruments and the human voice, and engage in developmentally appropriate activities.
Other classes are offered at the Kindermusik Hudson site at 85 S. Main St., Suite F.
Heydorn said parents can schedule a free trial of a class by emailing the request to her at email@example.com.
For more details on the classes or to register for one, visit www.kindermusik.com/hudson or call 330-655-8499.
Editor’s note: Advertiser features appearing in the West Side Leader are provided as a service to the advertiser and our readers. They do not serve as an endorsement of any company, person, product or service. All information contained in these features comes directly from interviews with company owners or their representatives and from additional materials provided by them.
More Business News
Calendar of Events
- A New Beginning - 7/23/2014
- 24th Annual AoRC Juried Show - 7/23/2014
- Music in the Meadow: Mo’ Mojo - 7/23/2014
- Mosaic Picture Frame for grades 5-12 - 7/24/2014
- Taste of Akron - 7/24/2014