BBBS honors Sterling Jewelers for its support
|Photo courtesy of Sterling Jewelers Inc.|
Sterling was the presenting sponsor of the agency’s fifth annual Grapes for Kid’s Sake fundraiser Oct. 11, which raised a record amount of more than $77,000, the most successful to date, according to agency officials.
Sterling has been a consistent supporter of this event, providing sponsorships each year since the inception of the event in 2009 and serving as presenting sponsor for the event for the last three years. In honor of its ongoing support, BBBS honored Sterling Jewelers this year as its first corporate partner.
The award was presented to Sterling at the event by Matt Duncan, president of the Board of Trustees for BBBS.
“Sterling Jewelers has been incredibly supportive of Big Brothers Big Sisters for many years, both financially and through the volunteer efforts of their employees,” Duncan said. “We are very grateful for their partnership with us and for all of the tremendous support that they give to many other nonprofits in the communities that we serve.”
Joe Beck, divisional vice president field operation for Sterling Jewelers, has been a board member since 2011.
“Joe is always one of the first to volunteer his time and his energy to whatever our need is,” said Executive Director Kamelia Fisher. “He sets an example for all of us to follow, reminding us that the most effective leaders lead by example.”
John Liebler, vice president of operations, also joined the board in 2013. Liebler previously served as a member of the Program Compliance Committee for the agency. He also is a Big Brother and serves as a spokesperson for BBBS in Medina County.
Akron Children’s Hospital; Akron Porcelain and Plastics Co.; Buckingham, Doolittle, Burroughs LLP; Cascade Auto Group; Fast Switch; S.A. Comunale Co. Inc.; USI Insurance; and Wells Fargo also were significant event sponsors, according to agency officials.
Shown above, from left, are Sterling officials Bruce Kenny, senior vice president real estate and store planning; Stuart Lee, senior vice president of merchandising; and Beck.
More Business News
- Upscale items found at La Daisy Boutique
- CrossFit Copley event benefits Battered Women’s Shelter
- West Side Business News & Notes
- Acme presents checks to Green Schools
- Clock Tower Landing debuts
- Summa implementing program for tradespeople
- Front Porch Café now open
- Smokey’s hosts customer appreciation event
- South Side Business News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- The University of Akron Percussion Ensemble - 11/24/2014
- Stewart’s Caring Place: A Cancer Wellness Center Events - 11/25/2014
- Pre-Holiday Book Sale - 11/26/2014
- Nature Drawing for Adults - 11/26/2014
- Joseph Arthur - 11/26/2014