Green Market District donates turkeys to Foodbank
|Photo courtesy of the Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank|
Shown above from left, are Foodbank Chief Operating Officer Laura Bennett, Market District Store Manager Michelle O’Brien and Foodbank President and CEO Dan Flowers.
The demand for emergency food continues to increase in the Foodbank’s service area as more families seek the help of local hunger centers, according to Foodbank officials.
“For many years, we’ve received donations from Giant Eagle that have helped provide food for those in need,” said Flowers. “We are excited to see this great partnership get stronger with the store’s conversion to Market District.”
Food Network personality, chef and author Tyler Florence participated in the Market District’s re-opening celebration, and for every cookbook of his purchased, a turkey was donated to the Foodbank.
More Business News
Calendar of Events
- Day Out With Thomas - 5/24/2015
- Metro Parks Book Club: “The Endangered Species Road Trip” by Cameron MacDonald - 5/24/2015
- Good Old Fashioned Outdoor Fun - 5/24/2015
- Boogie Woogie Books - 5/26/2015
- A New Beginning - 5/27/2015