West Side Business News & Notes
Umami Burger unveils Black Keys’ Akron Burger
LOS ANGELES — Continuing its culinary collaborations with trendsetting artists, Umami Burger announced June 18 the latest burger in its Artist Series: The Black Keys’ Akron Burger.
“The Black Keys are on top of the music world now,” said Trevor Sacco, vice president of operations for Umami Restaurant Group. “We’re honored to add a bit of their ‘flavor’ to the Umami Burger roster.”
Inspired by the rock band’s hometown of Akron, the burger features Umami Burger’s signature beef patty topped with Velveeta® fondue, “secret sauce,” yellow mustard, chopped onions and dill pickles, on Umami Burger’s signature bun. It will be available for $13 starting July 1 at all full-service Umami Burger locations, which are located in California, New York and Florida, with locations planned for Las Vegas and Chicago.
One dollar from each burger will be donated to The Black Keys Alfred McMoore Memorial Endowment Fund at Akron Community Foundation. The fund was established in June 2010 as a permanent source of financial support for Community Support Services.
Fans of The Black Keys also can enter a sweepstakes at www.umamiburgersweeps.com for a chance to win tickets to The Black Keys’ Los Angeles show, autographed posters, CDs and shirts.
For details on Umami Burger, visit www.umami.com.
Stephanie Kist contributed to this report.
More Business News
- Upscale items found at La Daisy Boutique
- CrossFit Copley event benefits Battered Women’s Shelter
- West Side Business News & Notes
- Acme presents checks to Green Schools
- Clock Tower Landing debuts
- Summa implementing program for tradespeople
- Front Porch Café now open
- Smokey’s hosts customer appreciation event
- South Side Business News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- The University of Akron Percussion Ensemble - 11/24/2014
- Stewart’s Caring Place: A Cancer Wellness Center Events - 11/25/2014
- Pre-Holiday Book Sale - 11/26/2014
- Nature Drawing for Adults - 11/26/2014
- Joseph Arthur - 11/26/2014