Chamber announces 30 for the Future award recipients
GREATER AKRON — Thirty young professionals from the area have been named recipients of the eighth annual “30 for the Future” award.
Part of the Greater Akron Chamber’s strategy to attract and retain talent in the region, the “30 for the Future” award honors young professionals (ages 25-39) whose stellar contributions impact their industries and the Greater Akron region, according to chamber officials.
The award winners are:
- Rachel Barnette, the Goodyear Tire and Rubber Co.;
- Joel Bingham, EnviroScience Inc.;
- Anne Bitong, Akron Marathon;
- Adrienne Bradley, Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank;
- Ken Burns, Tiny-Circuits;
- Samantha Coldwell, Barberton High School;
- Nathan Eppink, Summit Metro Parks;
- Amber Genet, Westfield Insurance;
- Douglas Harley, Akron General Medical Center — Center for Family Medicine;
- Tiffany Herbert, BCG and Co.;
- Megan Hershberger, FedEx Truckload Brokerage;
- Craig Horbus, Witschey Witschey and Firestine Co. LPA;
- Danielle Hupp, Kent State University;
- Matthew Jentner, Jentner Wealth Management;
- Keri-Ann Kalavity, Gillmore Security Systems;
- Kurt Kleidon, Kleidon and Associates;
- Jerel Klue, Signet Enterprises LLC;
- Scott Kolligian, Leiby Hanna Rasnick Towne Evanchan Palmisano and Hobson LLC;
- Bryan Morgan, Sterling Jewelers Inc.;
- Nicole Mullet, The University of Akron;
- Kurt Reed, Fairlawn School of Music and Hudson School of Music;
- G. Dante Roulette, Summa Health System;
- Laura Shank, Apple Growth Partners;
- Jeff Sitz, City Cleaners;
- Hillary Stewart, FirstEnergy;
- Timothy Ulbrich, Northeast Ohio Medical University;
- Erin Victor, Ken Stewart’s Restaurants;
- Laura Wallerstein, Brennan, Manna and Diamond LLC;
- Richelle Wardell, Akron Metropolitan Housing Authority; and
- Alexandra Wright, Youth Excellence Performing Arts Workshop.
The award recipients will be recognized at a ceremony at The Galaxy Banquet Center Sept. 11 starting at 5 p.m.
Independent committees selected the recipients based on the finalists’ professional and community accomplishments, team building and leadership. Recipients were nominated by members of the Greater Akron Chamber and regional profit and nonprofit organizations.
The Sept. 11 celebration is open to the public. Tickets are $50 for chamber members and $60 for nonmembers.
Visit the events calendar at www.greaterakronchamber.org for more information or to make a reservation.
Sponsorships are available; call Kim Huff at 330-237-1253 for sponsorship information.
More Business News
Calendar of Events
- Robert Gruca - 10/30/2014
- Family Halloween Party - 10/30/2014
- “Toy Story of Terror” and “Hocus Pocus" - 10/30/2014
- Artists Who Teach - 10/31/2014
- “Family Health” Book Sale - 10/31/2014