Dan Marchetta Realty develops positive relationships
|Daniel Marchetta Sr., founder of Dan Marchetta Realty Inc., is pictured at center with sons, from left, Daniel Jr., Michael, David and Russell. Marchetta Sr. founded the company in 1956.|
|Photo courtesy of Dan Marchetta Realty Inc.|
The company was founded by Daniel Marchetta Sr. in 1956. Today, son Daniel Marchetta Jr. is company president.
The latter said the company started when his father built the family’s home. The elder Marchetta was eventually joined by his brother, Joe, as the company grew.
The focus of the company at that point was home building.
“The company was building predominantly homes until 1972, when my dad decided to develop Robinwood Hills,” a Bath subdivision off Granger Road, Marchetta said. “That was the first development. And shortly thereafter, in 1975, my father built his first apartment building on West Market Street.”
The company’s first shopping center was in 1978 in the Merriman Valley, he added.
“We got more commercial from there,” he said.
The company was one of the first to develop the Montrose area. Montrose Centre, at the corner of Cleveland-Massillon Road and state Route 18, was completed in 1985.
“Our focus now is on all facets of our development company,” Marchetta said. “We have office buildings and we have retail. We own, manage and lease all of our own properties.”
While Daniel Marchetta Sr. and Joe Marchetta have retired, the company has remained a family business. Marchetta said his three brothers all have positions with the company. Russell Marchetta is an architect, David Marchetta is a project manager who also oversees property maintenance, and Michael Marchetta is a project manager who also works on sales and leasing. All are Bath residents.
“We’re a seamless company,” Marchetta said. “If I’m out of town, one of them is doing my job.”
The company also prides itself on its personal service from the principals.
“When you call the office, you’ll probably be talking to one of us,” Marchetta said. “We have one salesperson, but generally we’re very accessible.”
That attention to service has resulted in long-term relationships with many of its clients, he added.
For more information on Dan Marchetta Realty Inc., call (330) 668-4800 or go to www.marchetta.com.
More Business News
- Upscale items found at La Daisy Boutique
- CrossFit Copley event benefits Battered Women’s Shelter
- West Side Business News & Notes
- Acme presents checks to Green Schools
- Clock Tower Landing debuts
- Summa implementing program for tradespeople
- Front Porch Café now open
- Smokey’s hosts customer appreciation event
- South Side Business News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- The University of Akron Brass Choir’s “Home for Thanksgiving” - 11/23/2014
- Jerry McNamee book signing - 11/23/2014
- Metro Parks Book Club: “Choosing Wildness” by Claude Arbour - 11/23/2014
- Candlelight Walk - 11/23/2014
- The University of Akron Percussion Ensemble - 11/24/2014