Area residents Fall Into Nature in Bath
|Photos courtesy of Debbie McKinney|
Guests were treated to complimentary activities including hayrides, as shown at right, pumpkin picking in a pumpkin patch, as shown at left; and face- and pumpkin-painting. The Field Station provided hands-on activities and exhibits. UA mascot Zippy made an appearance and joined a haywagon full of riders to tour the park. The Akron Zoo presented a “backyard wildlife” program, and Cascade Auto Group provided rides in four-wheel-drive vehicles from the main parking lot to the event site.
The Bath Park Board offered a raffle to support an effort by the group to install a dock at Bath Pond, which will provide access for fishing and education. Cascade Auto Group provided the grand prize of a tour of Subaru of Indiana’s “green” manufacturing plant, use of a Subaru for the round trip to the factory and lodging accommodations.
Area youth groups volunteered at the haywagon loading site, face-painting booth and pumpkin-painting tables. Several youths also played guitar to entertain.
Peninsula Art Academy once again provided the pumpkin-painting supplies, and face-painting supplies were donated by ServiceMaster by Corbett, according to event officials.
More Community News
- Derby celebrates 78th year
- Akron City Council OKs Wallhaven project
- Districting proposal making its way to ballot
- Confusion follows Falls Council’s charter change vote
- Boston optimistic with switch to RITA
- Richfield Village officials still considering water tower sites
- Leadership Akron selects members of new class
- Granger firefighters promoted to lieutenant rank
- Sanitarium scrapbook preservation in works
Calendar of Events
- Colin Dussault - 8/3/2015
- “First Tuesday” Dance - 8/4/2015
- Experience the Underground Railroad - 8/4/2015
- Freezing and Canning Workshop - 8/4/2015
- Show and Tell Me a Story: for ages 1-3 - 8/5/2015