Area residents Fall Into Nature in Bath
|Photos courtesy of Debbie McKinney|
Guests were treated to complimentary activities including hayrides, as shown at right, pumpkin picking in a pumpkin patch, as shown at left; and face- and pumpkin-painting. The Field Station provided hands-on activities and exhibits. UA mascot Zippy made an appearance and joined a haywagon full of riders to tour the park. The Akron Zoo presented a “backyard wildlife” program, and Cascade Auto Group provided rides in four-wheel-drive vehicles from the main parking lot to the event site.
The Bath Park Board offered a raffle to support an effort by the group to install a dock at Bath Pond, which will provide access for fishing and education. Cascade Auto Group provided the grand prize of a tour of Subaru of Indiana’s “green” manufacturing plant, use of a Subaru for the round trip to the factory and lodging accommodations.
Area youth groups volunteered at the haywagon loading site, face-painting booth and pumpkin-painting tables. Several youths also played guitar to entertain.
Peninsula Art Academy once again provided the pumpkin-painting supplies, and face-painting supplies were donated by ServiceMaster by Corbett, according to event officials.
More Community News
- Girls explore engineering careers
- County consumer protection gets attention
- Crown Point celebrating 25th year
- Local Women Who Care hoping to increase ranks
- Firestone Theatre one of first to stage ‘Mary Poppins’
- ACF announces record assets, awards $1.93 million in grants
- Akron Council voices opposition to ‘restrictive’ state bills
- Bath trustees hire staff for fire department
- Boston trustees discuss action to clear property
- Wadsworth judge presents annual report to Sharon trustees
- West Side News & Notes
- County’s consumer protection gets attention
- Green district celebrates education
- Springfield trustees eyeing new pumper
- Local man impacts mental health training worldwide
- Green students Do Something good
- Lakemore making progress with village deficit
- Jewish Community Board celebrates century
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- A Far Cry with Matt Haimovitz - 3/11/2014
- Mudcakes - 3/11/2014
- Widows and Widowers Under 50 - 3/12/2014
- Stewart’s Caring Place: A Cancer Wellness Center Events - 3/12/2014
- Akron Pops Orchestra - 3/13/2014