Polar Bear jumpers take plunge for charities
The annual event, which has raised thousands for local charities, supported three different cancer charities this year: Stewart’s Caring Place in Fairlawn, Camp Quality Ohio and the American Cancer Society.
|Photos: Lew Stamp|
Uniontown resident Mandy Morrison, who added a Viking hat and socks to her swimsuit, also jumped, as pictured at left.
Kelly Pariso, who organized the event for the Portage Lakes Polar Bear Club, said 750 people took part in the ninth annual jump and helped raise $81,000, making it the most successful jump to date. “These numbers shattered all our records,” Pariso said. “It was a lot of fun.” He added that 3,000 spectators also came out for the event.
For more information on the event, go to portagelakespolarbearclub.com.
More Community News
- Health officials probe hospital TB exposure
- Richfield Village kicks off jubilee year
- Falls forms team to address opiate addiction
- Kurt continues as Clerk of Courts
- Early meetings don’t dissuade Copley Key Club members
- West Side News & Notes
- Boston trustees honor community members
- Impact Award winners honored
- Bath trustees request intersection study
- Shapiro takes oath of office
- Mature Services receives grant for program
Calendar of Events
- Kids Yoga and Mindfulness: ages 7-10 - 1/19/2017
- “The Ditchdigger’s Daughter” - 1/19/2017
- “Top Hat” - 1/19/2017
- Double T Quilt Club - 1/19/2017
- Reimagining the Civic Commons: with the #CreativeSummit Community - 1/19/2017