Falls Council moves ahead plans for new Acme
At the March 12 meeting, Cuyahoga Falls City Council approved the site plan for a new Acme Fresh Market on State Road.
The Planning Commission recently approved the site plan for the 52,500-square-foot grocery store to be built at 2226 State Road, where the present Acme is located.
Mayor Don Robart has said the $8 million grocery store would carry a retro style and include an expanded deli, bakery, prepared foods department and floral area.
According to city officials, the groundbreaking for the new store is expected in early May, and the store may be open in time for Thanksgiving.
The current store will remain open during the construction period, and once the new store is complete, the current store will be demolished, officials have said.
Robart reported last month the new grocery store would include additional employees.
Albrecht Inc. has a second Acme grocery store in the city at 2630 Bailey Road.
Also during the meeting, Council established the State Road Community Reinvestment Area.
According to city officials, owners along State Road, from Graham Road to the city of Akron, could receive a tax incentive for making upgrades to their properties, including building improvements and new construction.
Council additionally introduced legislation to enter into a contract with Landscape Structures Inc. for the purchase of playground equipment for installation at the Quirk Cultural Center on Grant Avenue and a contract with Akron Building and Outdoor Maintenance for professional and construction services necessary to design and execute the demolition and removal of two dams in the Cuyahoga River and for associated stream bank restoration.
Council will meet for a regular meeting March 26 at 6:30 p.m. at the Cuyahoga Falls Natatorium, 2345 Fourth St. Council will hold committee meetings April 2 at 6:30 p.m. at the same location.
More Community News
- Norton voters defeat sewer issue
- Copley lighting warms up cold night
- APS Board approves new teacher contract
- Firestone/Litchfield CLC progressing
- Good Neighbors helps those in need
- County Council approves 2014 budget
- Council renews Downtown Akron plan
- LA Fitness in plans for Portage Crossing
- Norton approves budget change for new dispatch center
- Copley pursuing new fire alerting system
- Peninsula Council discusses wastewater issues
- Richfield Village Council honors Revere boys soccer team
- Richfield trustees discuss zoning violations
- Granger trustees renew contract with Medina Sheriff’s Office
- Fairlawn VFW honors local generals at banquet
- Leadership Akron offering grant money for intergenerational activities
- Winter Solstice event set at Crown Point
- West Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Romp with Rudolph - 12/12/2013
- “Grown Ups 2” - 12/12/2013
- Boy=Girl - 12/13/2013
- Ohio City Singers - 12/13/2013
- Christmas Tree Lighting - 12/13/2013