Akron General opens new facility in Green
Shown at right bottom is Akron General Health System President and CEO Dr. Thomas “Tim” Stover, second from right, and Green Mayor Dick Norton, at right, along with other officials preparing to cut the ribbon during the opening ceremonies.
The facility, with the entrance pictured at right top, is located at 1940 Town Park Blvd. and includes a 24-hour emergency department, which opened for business March 19; radiology; lab services; and a Reflections Breast Health Center.
The opening celebrations offered visitors tours of the first phase of the facility, with one room pictured at right middle. The second phase, which is still under construction, will offer Lifestyles, a medically supervised exercise and membership program, along with a Sports Medicine and Physical Therapy Center that is due to open July 9.
More Community News
- West Hill cell tower gets reluctant approval
- Watch[-]Toronto.Raptors,,.vs..Cleveland.Cavaliers,,Live.Streaming.Online.Free // [[Game.5]]2016!
- 93 Cents for Flight 93 to create mobile museum
- Fairlawn Council votes down two proposed charter changes
- Iraq War vet climbs to raise awareness about suicide
- West Side News & Notes
- Norton Girl Scouts help homeless students
- County moving forward on traffic study
- Bath trustees reject fact-finding report regarding IAFF
- Boston trustees address issues with salt for winter
- Sharon officials discuss proposed annexation of property
- Springfield considering trash aggregation
- Seniors dig improvements
- Lakemore seeks funds for lakefront playground
- Springfield district rededicates plaques
- RNC volunteers sought for Akron
- South Side News & Notes
- Animals die in fire at Springfield pet care business
- County looking to provide IT services to others
- Coventry trustees grant homeowner chance to repair home
- Akron plans to raise EMS fees
- Sibshop focused on siblings of special needs children
Calendar of Events
- Paws for Reading with Therapy Dogs Pepper and Rocky - 5/26/2016
- Metro Parks Family Tree: Seiberling Family - 5/26/2016
- “The Hunger Games: Mockingjay” - 5/26/2016
- Adult Ballet: Beginners class - 5/26/2016
- Play: Theatre Games with Wandering Aesthetics: ages 5-9 - 5/27/2016