Akron General opens new facility in Green
Shown at right bottom is Akron General Health System President and CEO Dr. Thomas “Tim” Stover, second from right, and Green Mayor Dick Norton, at right, along with other officials preparing to cut the ribbon during the opening ceremonies.
The facility, with the entrance pictured at right top, is located at 1940 Town Park Blvd. and includes a 24-hour emergency department, which opened for business March 19; radiology; lab services; and a Reflections Breast Health Center.
The opening celebrations offered visitors tours of the first phase of the facility, with one room pictured at right middle. The second phase, which is still under construction, will offer Lifestyles, a medically supervised exercise and membership program, along with a Sports Medicine and Physical Therapy Center that is due to open July 9.
More Community News
- Health officials probe hospital TB exposure
- Richfield Village kicks off jubilee year
- Falls forms team to address opiate addiction
- Kurt continues as Clerk of Courts
- Early meetings don’t dissuade Copley Key Club members
- West Side News & Notes
- Boston trustees honor community members
- Impact Award winners honored
- Bath trustees request intersection study
- Shapiro takes oath of office
- Mature Services receives grant for program
Calendar of Events
- Kids Yoga and Mindfulness: ages 7-10 - 1/19/2017
- “The Ditchdigger’s Daughter” - 1/19/2017
- “Top Hat” - 1/19/2017
- Double T Quilt Club - 1/19/2017
- Reimagining the Civic Commons: with the #CreativeSummit Community - 1/19/2017