Akron General opens new facility in Green
Shown at right bottom is Akron General Health System President and CEO Dr. Thomas “Tim” Stover, second from right, and Green Mayor Dick Norton, at right, along with other officials preparing to cut the ribbon during the opening ceremonies.
The facility, with the entrance pictured at right top, is located at 1940 Town Park Blvd. and includes a 24-hour emergency department, which opened for business March 19; radiology; lab services; and a Reflections Breast Health Center.
The opening celebrations offered visitors tours of the first phase of the facility, with one room pictured at right middle. The second phase, which is still under construction, will offer Lifestyles, a medically supervised exercise and membership program, along with a Sports Medicine and Physical Therapy Center that is due to open July 9.
More Community News
- Council supports ‘Breaking Addiction Act’
- All’s fair at annual Summit County event
- Yellow Creek advocates explore conservancy idea
- Grandmother creates memorial for slain grandson
- Copley Heritage Day set for Aug. 2
- Falls Council continues to mull Menards deal
- Road construction begins on Hines Hill Road
- Granger Fire Department moving forward with grant proposal
- Sharon trustees approve fire levy for November ballot
- Medina County Fair offering variety of activities
- Akron Rotary inducts president
- Sno-cone sale benefits playground project
- West Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Voices in the Valley: The Womack Family Band - 8/1/2014
- Family Fun Night - 8/1/2014
- Social Bingo Days - 8/1/2014
- “Shout! The Mod Musical” - 8/2/2014
- RadiatriX with The Living and VON Isley - 8/2/2014