Akron General opens new facility in Green
Shown at right bottom is Akron General Health System President and CEO Dr. Thomas “Tim” Stover, second from right, and Green Mayor Dick Norton, at right, along with other officials preparing to cut the ribbon during the opening ceremonies.
The facility, with the entrance pictured at right top, is located at 1940 Town Park Blvd. and includes a 24-hour emergency department, which opened for business March 19; radiology; lab services; and a Reflections Breast Health Center.
The opening celebrations offered visitors tours of the first phase of the facility, with one room pictured at right middle. The second phase, which is still under construction, will offer Lifestyles, a medically supervised exercise and membership program, along with a Sports Medicine and Physical Therapy Center that is due to open July 9.
More Community News
- Akron City Council OKs Wallhaven project
- Derby celebrates 78th year
- Districting proposal making its way to ballot
- Richfield celebrating Community Day events Aug. 7-9
- West Side News & Notes
- Confusion follows Falls Council’s charter change vote
- Boston optimistic with switch to RITA
- Richfield Village officials still considering water tower sites
- Leadership Akron selects members of new class
- Granger firefighters promoted to lieutenant rank
- Sanitarium scrapbook preservation in works
- Area diaper collection a success
Calendar of Events
- Drop-In Nature Crafts for All Ages - 7/30/2015
- Plein Air Exhibition - 7/30/2015
- “Jupiter Ascending” - 7/30/2015
- Akron Pops Orchestra - 7/30/2015
- Mostly Blues Band with Peggy Coyle - 7/30/2015