Akron General opens new facility in Green
Shown at right bottom is Akron General Health System President and CEO Dr. Thomas “Tim” Stover, second from right, and Green Mayor Dick Norton, at right, along with other officials preparing to cut the ribbon during the opening ceremonies.
The facility, with the entrance pictured at right top, is located at 1940 Town Park Blvd. and includes a 24-hour emergency department, which opened for business March 19; radiology; lab services; and a Reflections Breast Health Center.
The opening celebrations offered visitors tours of the first phase of the facility, with one room pictured at right middle. The second phase, which is still under construction, will offer Lifestyles, a medically supervised exercise and membership program, along with a Sports Medicine and Physical Therapy Center that is due to open July 9.
More Community News
- Akron seeking help with ‘sensitive’ incidents
- King CLC opens to public
- Fire in Richfield destroys building, equipment
- Breaking Addiction Act gets partial support from Council
- APS focusing on digital needs, offerings
- Norton OKs fire truck purchase
- County ordinance may pave way for Copley flood relief
- Richfield trustees discuss recovery from recent fire
- Richfield Village assisting township with aid after fire
- Community input requested on land conservancy proposal
- Search for missing woman continues in CVNP
- West Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- 11th Annual Juried Fiber Arts Show - 8/29/2014
- Texas Hold’em Afternoon - 8/29/2014
- A New Beginning - 8/30/2014
- “Ride” - 8/30/2014
- Get Acquainted With Bridge - 8/30/2014