Leadership Akron, Leadership Stark County accepting applications
SUMMIT/STARK — Two area leadership programs — Leadership Akron and Leadership Stark County —are accepting applications for 2012-13 classes.
Each leadership program equips participants for community involvement and leadership, according to Leadership Akron officials. The programs offer an intensive study of community issues and interaction with prominent decision-makers, enabling participants to expand their effectiveness as community leaders. Each organization’s signature program is complemented by a number of other opportunities geared to specific audiences, which are detailed on their respective websites.
“Leadership Akron helps leaders develop a solid understanding of the workings and the needs of their community,” said Mark Scheffler, Leadership Akron’s executive director. “Through Leadership Akron and our counterparts in surrounding counties, participants take their involvement and effectiveness in the community to the next level.”
According to Leadership Akron officials, each program begins with a two-day opening retreat. After the retreat, participants spend one full day every month focusing on a certain aspect of their community. Focus areas include: social services, business, government, education, the arts, health and others.
Individuals must work or live in the county of the leadership program to which they apply. Applications and additional materials are available on the programs’ websites.
More Community News
- Akron seeking help with ‘sensitive’ incidents
- King CLC opens to public
- Fire in Richfield destroys building, equipment
- Breaking Addiction Act gets partial support from Council
- APS focusing on digital needs, offerings
- Norton OKs fire truck purchase
- County ordinance may pave way for Copley flood relief
- Richfield trustees discuss recovery from recent fire
- Richfield Village assisting township with aid after fire
- Community input requested on land conservancy proposal
- Search for missing woman continues in CVNP
- West Side News & Notes
- Sheriff’s Office talks policing contract, sales tax with Coventry
- Community ‘quilt’ sculpture unveiled at art-A-palooza
- Green Council denies zoning for apartment complex
- New Franklin Council OKs lawsuit settlement
- County Council gives partial support to Breaking Addiction Act
- Spring Hill gets new playground
- ACF, city join to award grants for local neighborhoods
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Wilco with special guest Bahamas - 9/4/2014
- Full Moon Labyrinth Walk Workshop: The Harvest Moon: “Sing, Dance and Celebrate” - 9/7/2014
- Open House - 9/7/2014
- Widows and Widowers Under 50 - 9/10/2014
- Internet Genealogy - 9/13/2014