Leadership Akron, Leadership Stark County accepting applications
SUMMIT/STARK — Two area leadership programs — Leadership Akron and Leadership Stark County —are accepting applications for 2012-13 classes.
Each leadership program equips participants for community involvement and leadership, according to Leadership Akron officials. The programs offer an intensive study of community issues and interaction with prominent decision-makers, enabling participants to expand their effectiveness as community leaders. Each organization’s signature program is complemented by a number of other opportunities geared to specific audiences, which are detailed on their respective websites.
“Leadership Akron helps leaders develop a solid understanding of the workings and the needs of their community,” said Mark Scheffler, Leadership Akron’s executive director. “Through Leadership Akron and our counterparts in surrounding counties, participants take their involvement and effectiveness in the community to the next level.”
According to Leadership Akron officials, each program begins with a two-day opening retreat. After the retreat, participants spend one full day every month focusing on a certain aspect of their community. Focus areas include: social services, business, government, education, the arts, health and others.
Individuals must work or live in the county of the leadership program to which they apply. Applications and additional materials are available on the programs’ websites.
More Community News
- Downtown Akron retail, housing planned
- Sharon kicks off Christmas season
- Litchfield CLC accepted into IB program
- State auditor releases special report on open enrollment
- Falls Council hears utility audit report
- West Side News & Notes
- ADM Services Board recognizes Trailblazers
- Work on 2017 county budget continues
- Boston trustees discuss business not registered in JEDD
- Bath trustees reduce speed limit on Bonnebrook
- Bath Community Fund awards first grants
- Sharon trustees discuss Eagle Scout project
- Auditor releases report on open enrollment
- Lakemore lights up for holidays
- Downtown retail, housing planned on South Main
- Springfield district planning stadium improvements
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Helen Welch Trio; Jan Rookard and Ray McCall - 12/3/2016
- Glass Fusing: Make a Tiny Bowl - 12/3/2016
- Illusion Factory’s “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” - 12/3/2016
- Mind Your Own Beeswax Workshop - 12/3/2016
- Women’s Art League Show - 12/3/2016