Leadership Akron, Leadership Stark County accepting applications
SUMMIT/STARK — Two area leadership programs — Leadership Akron and Leadership Stark County —are accepting applications for 2012-13 classes.
Each leadership program equips participants for community involvement and leadership, according to Leadership Akron officials. The programs offer an intensive study of community issues and interaction with prominent decision-makers, enabling participants to expand their effectiveness as community leaders. Each organization’s signature program is complemented by a number of other opportunities geared to specific audiences, which are detailed on their respective websites.
“Leadership Akron helps leaders develop a solid understanding of the workings and the needs of their community,” said Mark Scheffler, Leadership Akron’s executive director. “Through Leadership Akron and our counterparts in surrounding counties, participants take their involvement and effectiveness in the community to the next level.”
According to Leadership Akron officials, each program begins with a two-day opening retreat. After the retreat, participants spend one full day every month focusing on a certain aspect of their community. Focus areas include: social services, business, government, education, the arts, health and others.
Individuals must work or live in the county of the leadership program to which they apply. Applications and additional materials are available on the programs’ websites.
More Community News
- Council OKs $450 million capital budget
- Chili Open golfers warm up for spring
- Summit County Council welcomes Walters
- Aggregation, personnel on Akron ballots
- Roundtable staying true to mission
- West Side News & Notes
- Copley Boy Scout troop celebrating 60 years
- Two Fairlawn Fire officers promoted during Council meeting
- Norton continues discussion of Nash Heights project
- Copley trustees approve funds for road repairs
- Falls addressing issues at Broad Boulevard railroad crossing
- Richfield Village celebrating 50th anniversary next year
- Richfield trustees get update on antidrug programs
- Granger trustees approve budget for 2016
Calendar of Events
- “Vagina Monologues” - 2/12/2016
- Gerald Albright - 2/12/2016
- Kinderealm: Snow: for ages 3-6 - 2/12/2016
- Boy Scout Troop 382 Fish Fry - 2/12/2016
- Exploring the Night Skies - 2/12/2016