Leadership Akron, Leadership Stark County accepting applications
SUMMIT/STARK — Two area leadership programs — Leadership Akron and Leadership Stark County —are accepting applications for 2012-13 classes.
Each leadership program equips participants for community involvement and leadership, according to Leadership Akron officials. The programs offer an intensive study of community issues and interaction with prominent decision-makers, enabling participants to expand their effectiveness as community leaders. Each organization’s signature program is complemented by a number of other opportunities geared to specific audiences, which are detailed on their respective websites.
“Leadership Akron helps leaders develop a solid understanding of the workings and the needs of their community,” said Mark Scheffler, Leadership Akron’s executive director. “Through Leadership Akron and our counterparts in surrounding counties, participants take their involvement and effectiveness in the community to the next level.”
According to Leadership Akron officials, each program begins with a two-day opening retreat. After the retreat, participants spend one full day every month focusing on a certain aspect of their community. Focus areas include: social services, business, government, education, the arts, health and others.
Individuals must work or live in the county of the leadership program to which they apply. Applications and additional materials are available on the programs’ websites.
More Community News
- Akron Council OKs Rockynol project permit
- Croghan Park rededicated
- Focus on speeding, other issues at Akron Caucus
- Bath Community Day is Aug. 2
- Summit, Medina fairs celebrate traditions
- Richfield fire chief commended for saving life
- Richfield trustees discuss mowing complaint
- Copley pet groomer reunites potbellied pig, owner
- West Side News & Notes
- West Side Education News & Notes
- New Springfield superintendent named
- Communities gearing up for Rock the Docks
- New Franklin charter changes headed to ballot
- Community event planned at East Liberty Park
- Kids Month celebrated in August
- Wingfoot One selected as new blimp name
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Windows 8 - 7/29/2014
- Pilates - 7/30/2014
- Intercourse the Collective - 7/30/2014
- “Summer Fun” Book Sale - 7/31/2014
- Works by Portage Path Community Learning Center art students - 7/31/2014