Leadership Akron, Leadership Stark County accepting applications
SUMMIT/STARK — Two area leadership programs — Leadership Akron and Leadership Stark County —are accepting applications for 2012-13 classes.
Each leadership program equips participants for community involvement and leadership, according to Leadership Akron officials. The programs offer an intensive study of community issues and interaction with prominent decision-makers, enabling participants to expand their effectiveness as community leaders. Each organization’s signature program is complemented by a number of other opportunities geared to specific audiences, which are detailed on their respective websites.
“Leadership Akron helps leaders develop a solid understanding of the workings and the needs of their community,” said Mark Scheffler, Leadership Akron’s executive director. “Through Leadership Akron and our counterparts in surrounding counties, participants take their involvement and effectiveness in the community to the next level.”
According to Leadership Akron officials, each program begins with a two-day opening retreat. After the retreat, participants spend one full day every month focusing on a certain aspect of their community. Focus areas include: social services, business, government, education, the arts, health and others.
Individuals must work or live in the county of the leadership program to which they apply. Applications and additional materials are available on the programs’ websites.
More Community News
- Local issues filed for November ballot
- Richfield celebrates annual Community Day
- James keeps focus on today’s youth at rally
- County Council committees back at work
- Heritage Woods residents ask for four-way stop at intersection
- Falls Council OKs contract to bring Menards to Graham Road
- Peninsula planning commission meetings moved
- Council addresses return of Richfield School bell
- Plans for administration building still being worked out
- Granger trustees considering proposal for conservatory
- Inaugural race, walk benefitting Akron Children’s PICU
- Elms students volunteer in New York
- West Side News & Notes
- Familiar face heading up Highland athletics
- Woodridge looking forward to competitive season
Calendar of Events
- Norma Wagner Uray: Fashion Illustrations - 8/21/2014
- Highland Book Club: “Trains and Lovers,” by Alexander McCall Smith - 8/21/2014
- Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation Support Group - 8/21/2014
- Stewart’s Caring Place: A Cancer Wellness Center Events - 8/21/2014
- GriefCare Place - 8/21/2014