Bath Township emergency plan getting update
The Bath Township Emergency Management Plan will get an update this summer courtesy of an unpaid intern from The University of Akron’s Emergency Management Program.
Fire Chief Walter Hower told trustees at the May 7 meeting the township plan last was updated in 2002. According to internship program documents, the university will provide a senior in the emergency management program to work 300 hours in exchange for four credits. The student will be mentored by fire department personnel.
Also during the meeting, Service Director Bob Wilson reported the department is scheduling a replacement of guardrail posts and has begun roadside mowing for the summer. He also reported sections of sidewalk and curbing at the administration complex are being replaced by Perrin Concrete.
Bath Parks personnel have repaired and lengthened players’ benches at two fields at the Bath Baseball Park. In addition, parks personnel constructed enclosures for dugouts at two fields, said Park Director Michael Rorar. The Revere Baseball-Softball Association donated half of the project funding and is expected to complete the dugout enclosures with tin roofs, he added.
Park personnel also have begun to treat exotic plant species as part of the wetlands restoration of the Garden Bowl and Moore’s Chapel Cemetery at the Bath Nature Preserve. Rorar said the township received assistance on the project from Karen Adair, of the Nature Conservancy, which provided special equipment and labor.
Trustees appointed 12 residents to the volunteer Bath Township Community Emergency Response Team. They include Jeff Andrew, Gary Beres, Karen Beres, Jack Bonsky, Gary DeMoss, Beth Doney, Mike Doney, Jim Paulett, Clint Robbins, Suzanne Robbins, Dana Singer and Kim Stanley.
In other business, trustees:
• approved a payment of $186,792 in requisitions and purchase orders;
• accepted the resignation of part-time police officer Zachary Honaker, effective May 17;
• removed part-time communication specialist Teri Burnette from her one-year probationary period, effective March 15, and increased her hourly wage to about $19 per hour as outlined in the township organizational resolution;
• agreed to post the positions of part-time police officer and part-time dispatcher with closing dates of May 28;
• approved auctioning three police vehicles that are being replaced with new vehicles;
• approved payment of $31,489 to VanDevere Chevrolet for a 2012 Chevrolet Tahoe special service vehicle for the fire department;
• approved a second payment of $20,838 to Synergy LLC for replacement of boilers in the Bath Administration Building;
• approved final payment of $140,426 to Karvo Paving Co. for road resurfacing completed in 2011;
• approved a one-year extension of the nightly janitorial contract for township buildings with Jani-King at a cost of $21,600 for the year; and
• set a public hearing for May 21 at 4:30 p.m. in the trustees’ meeting room to hear comments on the proposed zoning change of a parcel at 4655 Medina Road from R-2 (Single-Family Residential) to B-4 (Limited Business).
The Bath trustees next will meet May 21 at 4 p.m. in the trustees’ meeting room on the lower level of the Bath Administration Building, 3864 W. Bath Road.
More Community News
- Bath parks levy renewal on May ballot
- Area communities offering Safety Town
- Woodridge studying future of school buildings
- Council OKs new Dollar General in Merriman Valley
- Youth employment program getting on its way
- Falls Council OKs purchase for Electrical Department
- Norton Council accepts Moving Ohio Forward funds
- Boston trustees take step to clear property
- Sharon trustees discuss recent township break-ins
- Granger trustees approve tax abatement guidelines
- KAB names litter prevention campaign contest winners
- LaRose honors local youth
- YMCAs presenting Healthy Kids Day
- Montrose transportation meeting set for May 15
- United Way announces education investments, new funding strategy
- West Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Voices in the Valley - 4/17/2014
- Highland Book Group - 4/17/2014
- Helen Welch - 4/17/2014
- Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation Support Group - 4/17/2014
- Cuyahoga Valley Frackers and Brick Road Ramblers - 4/18/2014