Green families love Valentine Social
The event, sponsored by the Green Parks & Recreation Division, took place in the Green High School auxiliary gym and featured a dinner by Charlie Brown Catering, crafts, dancing and contests.
Shown at right top, children twist and turn in a hula hoop contest at the social. Adults also had a chance to compete in the contest.
|Photos: Joyce Rainey Long|
Judi and Joel Horak, of Top Down DJ, provided dance music for the social.
Party-goers also were able to have their caricatures drawn and win door prizes donated by area businesses, according to Kim Goodhart, special events program coordinator for the Parks & Recreation Division. A Tender Touch sold flowers, and Curtis Photography Inc. took photos at the event.
“This was a quality program meant to bring families together,” said Goodhart.
More Community News
- Health officials probe hospital TB exposure
- Richfield Village kicks off jubilee year
- Falls forms team to address opiate addiction
- Kurt continues as Clerk of Courts
- Early meetings don’t dissuade Copley Key Club members
- West Side News & Notes
- Boston trustees honor community members
- Impact Award winners honored
- Bath trustees request intersection study
- Shapiro takes oath of office
- Mature Services receives grant for program
Calendar of Events
- Kids Yoga and Mindfulness: ages 7-10 - 1/19/2017
- “The Ditchdigger’s Daughter” - 1/19/2017
- “Top Hat” - 1/19/2017
- Reimagining the Civic Commons: with the #CreativeSummit Community - 1/19/2017
- 11th Annual Chili Challenge to benefit Akron Children’s Hospital’s Burn Unit - 1/20/2017