Green families love Valentine Social
The event, sponsored by the Green Parks & Recreation Division, took place in the Green High School auxiliary gym and featured a dinner by Charlie Brown Catering, crafts, dancing and contests.
Shown at right top, children twist and turn in a hula hoop contest at the social. Adults also had a chance to compete in the contest.
|Photos: Joyce Rainey Long|
Judi and Joel Horak, of Top Down DJ, provided dance music for the social.
Party-goers also were able to have their caricatures drawn and win door prizes donated by area businesses, according to Kim Goodhart, special events program coordinator for the Parks & Recreation Division. A Tender Touch sold flowers, and Curtis Photography Inc. took photos at the event.
“This was a quality program meant to bring families together,” said Goodhart.
More Community News
- State Route 18 projects to begin in summer
- Copley’s Winterfest puts fun on ice
- APS exploring funds for waiting building projects
- Richfield Council delays water tower vote
- West Side News & Notes
- County Council committee chairs questioned
- Akron City Council evaluates capital budget
- Fairlawn mayor calls city’s financial condition ‘sound’
- Norton looking to sink sewer costs
- Falls Council reappoints member to library board
- Bath trustees approve sale of fire department vehicle
- Peninsula Council on third try makes quorum for meeting
- Copley exploring contract with single trash hauler
- Richfield trustees approve fire/EMS contract
- Granger trustees hear presentation on fire prevention
- County Council opposing pipeline
- Cub Scouts get creative for Chariot Races
- Coventry goes with reduced ballot issue
- Norton gives final State of the City address
- Council considers Tudor House addition
- Springfield trustees approve application for Spartan Trail
- Local blood drives
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Akron Baroque: Super Bowl Baroque! - 2/1/2015
- Backyard Bird Feeding - 2/1/2015
- Melissa Harris-Perry - 2/2/2015
- Make a Pop-Up Book: grades 3-6 - 2/2/2015
- Fondues and Essential Oils - 2/3/2015