Green families love Valentine Social
The event, sponsored by the Green Parks & Recreation Division, took place in the Green High School auxiliary gym and featured a dinner by Charlie Brown Catering, crafts, dancing and contests.
Shown at right top, children twist and turn in a hula hoop contest at the social. Adults also had a chance to compete in the contest.
|Photos: Joyce Rainey Long|
Judi and Joel Horak, of Top Down DJ, provided dance music for the social.
Party-goers also were able to have their caricatures drawn and win door prizes donated by area businesses, according to Kim Goodhart, special events program coordinator for the Parks & Recreation Division. A Tender Touch sold flowers, and Curtis Photography Inc. took photos at the event.
“This was a quality program meant to bring families together,” said Goodhart.
More Community News
- Council supports ‘Breaking Addiction Act’
- All’s fair at annual Summit County event
- Yellow Creek advocates explore conservancy idea
- Grandmother creates memorial for slain grandson
- Copley Heritage Day set for Aug. 2
- Falls Council continues to mull Menards deal
- Road construction begins on Hines Hill Road
- Granger Fire Department moving forward with grant proposal
- Sharon trustees approve fire levy for November ballot
- Medina County Fair offering variety of activities
- Akron Rotary inducts president
- Sno-cone sale benefits playground project
- West Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Voices in the Valley: The Womack Family Band - 8/1/2014
- Family Fun Night - 8/1/2014
- Social Bingo Days - 8/1/2014
- “Shout! The Mod Musical” - 8/2/2014
- RadiatriX with The Living and VON Isley - 8/2/2014