Green families love Valentine Social
The event, sponsored by the Green Parks & Recreation Division, took place in the Green High School auxiliary gym and featured a dinner by Charlie Brown Catering, crafts, dancing and contests.
Shown at right top, children twist and turn in a hula hoop contest at the social. Adults also had a chance to compete in the contest.
|Photos: Joyce Rainey Long|
Judi and Joel Horak, of Top Down DJ, provided dance music for the social.
Party-goers also were able to have their caricatures drawn and win door prizes donated by area businesses, according to Kim Goodhart, special events program coordinator for the Parks & Recreation Division. A Tender Touch sold flowers, and Curtis Photography Inc. took photos at the event.
“This was a quality program meant to bring families together,” said Goodhart.
More Community News
- Youth curfews in place for safety
- What’s curfew in your community?
- Good times roll at PorchRokr
- Bath police replacement levy before voters
- County Council removes ‘fair’ from ballot wording
- Granger cadet takes flight
- West Side News & Notes
- Essex blooms with community support
- Boston officials discuss issues with JEDD
- Scouts spruce up Norton Primary
- New recycling program successful in Sharon
Calendar of Events
- Taste It and Make It Food Preparation Series - 9/3/2015
- “The Divergent Series: Insurgent” - 9/3/2015
- Hooked on Books: “My Antonia” by Willa Cather - 9/3/2015
- Small Footprint: Getting Started - 9/3/2015
- Tai Chi and Self Defense - 9/4/2015