Green families love Valentine Social
The event, sponsored by the Green Parks & Recreation Division, took place in the Green High School auxiliary gym and featured a dinner by Charlie Brown Catering, crafts, dancing and contests.
Shown at right top, children twist and turn in a hula hoop contest at the social. Adults also had a chance to compete in the contest.
|Photos: Joyce Rainey Long|
Judi and Joel Horak, of Top Down DJ, provided dance music for the social.
Party-goers also were able to have their caricatures drawn and win door prizes donated by area businesses, according to Kim Goodhart, special events program coordinator for the Parks & Recreation Division. A Tender Touch sold flowers, and Curtis Photography Inc. took photos at the event.
“This was a quality program meant to bring families together,” said Goodhart.
More Community News
- Bath parks levy renewal on May ballot
- Area communities offering Safety Town
- Woodridge studying future of school buildings
- Council OKs new Dollar General in Merriman Valley
- Youth employment program getting on its way
- Falls Council OKs purchase for Electrical Department
- Norton Council accepts Moving Ohio Forward funds
- Boston trustees take step to clear property
- Sharon trustees discuss recent township break-ins
- Granger trustees approve tax abatement guidelines
- KAB names litter prevention campaign contest winners
- LaRose honors local youth
- YMCAs presenting Healthy Kids Day
- Montrose transportation meeting set for May 15
- United Way announces education investments, new funding strategy
- West Side News & Notes
- Green district seeking levy renewal
- Children celebrate Easter early
- Board strikes deal to keep fitness center running
- Springfield officer honored for service
- Grant possibility could increase police presence in Coventry
- Youth employment program on its way
- Rebuilding Together to improve nine area homes
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- A New Adventure - 4/23/2014
- Jeri Holland - 4/23/2014
- Blue Man Group - 4/23/2014
- Apollo’s Fire - 4/24/2014
- “Bye Bye Birdie” - 4/24/2014