Flags fly at Fairlawn Memorial Day event
|Photos: Dale Dong|
Fire Chief Russell Hose, pictured above, took some time to salute an Air Force wreath placed at the city’s veterans’ memorial.
Those who attended also heard from VFW Post No. 349’s Commander Bruce Killian, who is shown at right as he holds a memorial plaque for the 57th Assault Helicopter Company, with which he served in Vietnam.
Memorial Day events also took place in Akron, Copley, Bath, Richfield, Peninsula, Granger and Sharon.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Community News
- Health officials probe hospital TB exposure
- Richfield Village kicks off jubilee year
- Falls forms team to address opiate addiction
- Kurt continues as Clerk of Courts
- Early meetings don’t dissuade Copley Key Club members
- West Side News & Notes
- Boston trustees honor community members
- Impact Award winners honored
- Bath trustees request intersection study
- Shapiro takes oath of office
- Mature Services receives grant for program
Calendar of Events
- Kids Yoga and Mindfulness: ages 7-10 - 1/19/2017
- “The Ditchdigger’s Daughter” - 1/19/2017
- “Top Hat” - 1/19/2017
- Reimagining the Civic Commons: with the #CreativeSummit Community - 1/19/2017
- 11th Annual Chili Challenge to benefit Akron Children’s Hospital’s Burn Unit - 1/20/2017