Green hosting home energy seminar
GREEN — The city of Green will present its third Living Green Workshop this year Oct. 20 from 9 to 11 a.m. at the Central Administration Building, 1755 Town Park Blvd.
The free seminar, “Love the Home You’re in,” will offer tips and techniques for saving energy and money. During the seminar, Jessica Ugarte, from the Cleveland Restoration Society, and Paul Holm, of Rebuilding Together Summit County, will share information about innovative methods and programs that will help save money regardless of the age of a home, according to city officials.
“This is the perfect time of year to discuss ways to save energy and money,” said Sarah Haring, community development administrator. “Like our two previous Living Green seminars, attendees will leave with information they can use immediately to save money, save energy and save resources in an effort to live a more sustainable lifestyle.”
The seminar is free, but seating is limited. To register, visit www.cityofgreen.org or call 330-896-6621.
The next seminar in the Living Green Workshop will be held in spring 2013.
The seminar also will offer five attendees a chance to win a home-energy assessment from Dominion East Ohio Gas. Winners must be city of Green residents and Dominion East Ohio customers.
In addition, for every home-energy assessment performed through the remainder of the year in Green, Dominion East Ohio Gas will donate $25 to Green Good Neighbors, according to city officials.
The cost for a basic assessment is $50. To schedule an assessment, visit deoenergy savers.com and enter “Green Good Neighbors” in the “Offer Code/Referred by” section.
Dominion also is offering up to $1,250 in rebates per home in addition to any federal tax credits available for upgrades or work to improve a home’s energy performance. For details, visit the company website.
Maria Lindsay contributed to this report.
More Community News
- Akron Council raises campaign limits
- Animals in need find home at Forever Amber Acres
- Mustard Seed eyes May opening in Highland Square
- Reentry Network offers safety net for parolees
- West Side News & Notes
- Celebrate with religious sights, sounds
- Reentry Network announces 2015 programs
- Cub Scouts participate in ‘Operation Smile’
- Fairlawn officials remember former Council member
- OWRC installs 2015 officers
- Bath trustees reject fact-finder’s report
- Boston officials discuss new tax collection agency
- Sharon trustees revisit resurfacing agreement
- Hattie Larlham gets early Christmas gift
- Norton officers take part in Shop with a Cop
- Norton food drive to help families
- Lakemore Council bids farewell to solicitor
- Santas spreading holiday cheer with Kiwanis events
- Coventry still mulling Sheriff’s Office contract
- Coventry superintendent tackling negativity
- Green students give back to community
- Springfield trustees approve zoning change
- Akron raises campaign limits, OKs body camera trial
- Manchester senior earns Eagle Scout rank
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Stewart’s Caring Place: A Cancer Wellness Center Events - 12/23/2014
- A New Beginning - 12/24/2014
- Presents for Nature Realm Critters - 12/24/2014
- School’s Out Cookout: bring hot dogs and buns - 12/26/2014
- A New Adventure - 12/27/2014