Green hosting home energy seminar
GREEN — The city of Green will present its third Living Green Workshop this year Oct. 20 from 9 to 11 a.m. at the Central Administration Building, 1755 Town Park Blvd.
The free seminar, “Love the Home You’re in,” will offer tips and techniques for saving energy and money. During the seminar, Jessica Ugarte, from the Cleveland Restoration Society, and Paul Holm, of Rebuilding Together Summit County, will share information about innovative methods and programs that will help save money regardless of the age of a home, according to city officials.
“This is the perfect time of year to discuss ways to save energy and money,” said Sarah Haring, community development administrator. “Like our two previous Living Green seminars, attendees will leave with information they can use immediately to save money, save energy and save resources in an effort to live a more sustainable lifestyle.”
The seminar is free, but seating is limited. To register, visit www.cityofgreen.org or call 330-896-6621.
The next seminar in the Living Green Workshop will be held in spring 2013.
The seminar also will offer five attendees a chance to win a home-energy assessment from Dominion East Ohio Gas. Winners must be city of Green residents and Dominion East Ohio customers.
In addition, for every home-energy assessment performed through the remainder of the year in Green, Dominion East Ohio Gas will donate $25 to Green Good Neighbors, according to city officials.
The cost for a basic assessment is $50. To schedule an assessment, visit deoenergy savers.com and enter “Green Good Neighbors” in the “Offer Code/Referred by” section.
Dominion also is offering up to $1,250 in rebates per home in addition to any federal tax credits available for upgrades or work to improve a home’s energy performance. For details, visit the company website.
Maria Lindsay contributed to this report.
More Community News
- Health district moving to West Akron
- Runners get in Halloween spirit
- Granger voters to see road, fire levies on ballot
- Fire levy on ballot in Sharon
- West Akron man volunteering in Ghana
- Falls implementing civil dispute program
- Boston to receive funds from NPS
- Richfield mayor discusses village’s investments
- Granger trustees continue to review conservation easement
- Stow Court modernizing, shares info with Richfield Chamber
- OFSC presents funds to burn unit
- West Side News & Notes
- Lakemore asking voters to renew fire levy
- Acme celebrates opening
- Coventry trustees asking voters to support Issue 53
- Residents oppose proposed gas line through Green
- Springfield helping with Canton Road corridor work
- Health district readies for new home
- Green Fire named STEMI Award winner
- Green employee receives Patriot Award
- Students share green thumb efforts
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- A New Beginning - 10/22/2014
- Bastille - 10/22/2014
- Weekday Walkers - 10/22/2014
- Wine and Canvas Painting Class - 10/22/2014
- “Godzilla” - 10/23/2014