Green hosting home energy seminar
GREEN — The city of Green will present its third Living Green Workshop this year Oct. 20 from 9 to 11 a.m. at the Central Administration Building, 1755 Town Park Blvd.
The free seminar, “Love the Home You’re in,” will offer tips and techniques for saving energy and money. During the seminar, Jessica Ugarte, from the Cleveland Restoration Society, and Paul Holm, of Rebuilding Together Summit County, will share information about innovative methods and programs that will help save money regardless of the age of a home, according to city officials.
“This is the perfect time of year to discuss ways to save energy and money,” said Sarah Haring, community development administrator. “Like our two previous Living Green seminars, attendees will leave with information they can use immediately to save money, save energy and save resources in an effort to live a more sustainable lifestyle.”
The seminar is free, but seating is limited. To register, visit www.cityofgreen.org or call 330-896-6621.
The next seminar in the Living Green Workshop will be held in spring 2013.
The seminar also will offer five attendees a chance to win a home-energy assessment from Dominion East Ohio Gas. Winners must be city of Green residents and Dominion East Ohio customers.
In addition, for every home-energy assessment performed through the remainder of the year in Green, Dominion East Ohio Gas will donate $25 to Green Good Neighbors, according to city officials.
The cost for a basic assessment is $50. To schedule an assessment, visit deoenergy savers.com and enter “Green Good Neighbors” in the “Offer Code/Referred by” section.
Dominion also is offering up to $1,250 in rebates per home in addition to any federal tax credits available for upgrades or work to improve a home’s energy performance. For details, visit the company website.
Maria Lindsay contributed to this report.
More Community News
- Local issues filed for November ballot
- Richfield celebrates annual Community Day
- James keeps focus on today’s youth at rally
- County Council committees back at work
- Heritage Woods residents ask for four-way stop at intersection
- Falls Council OKs contract to bring Menards to Graham Road
- Peninsula planning commission meetings moved
- Council addresses return of Richfield School bell
- Plans for administration building still being worked out
- Granger trustees considering proposal for conservatory
- Inaugural race, walk benefitting Akron Children’s PICU
- Elms students volunteer in New York
- West Side News & Notes
- Familiar face heading up Highland athletics
- Woodridge looking forward to competitive season
Calendar of Events
- Norma Wagner Uray: Fashion Illustrations - 8/21/2014
- Highland Book Club: “Trains and Lovers,” by Alexander McCall Smith - 8/21/2014
- Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation Support Group - 8/21/2014
- Stewart’s Caring Place: A Cancer Wellness Center Events - 8/21/2014
- GriefCare Place - 8/21/2014