Green hosting home energy seminar
GREEN — The city of Green will present its third Living Green Workshop this year Oct. 20 from 9 to 11 a.m. at the Central Administration Building, 1755 Town Park Blvd.
The free seminar, “Love the Home You’re in,” will offer tips and techniques for saving energy and money. During the seminar, Jessica Ugarte, from the Cleveland Restoration Society, and Paul Holm, of Rebuilding Together Summit County, will share information about innovative methods and programs that will help save money regardless of the age of a home, according to city officials.
“This is the perfect time of year to discuss ways to save energy and money,” said Sarah Haring, community development administrator. “Like our two previous Living Green seminars, attendees will leave with information they can use immediately to save money, save energy and save resources in an effort to live a more sustainable lifestyle.”
The seminar is free, but seating is limited. To register, visit www.cityofgreen.org or call 330-896-6621.
The next seminar in the Living Green Workshop will be held in spring 2013.
The seminar also will offer five attendees a chance to win a home-energy assessment from Dominion East Ohio Gas. Winners must be city of Green residents and Dominion East Ohio customers.
In addition, for every home-energy assessment performed through the remainder of the year in Green, Dominion East Ohio Gas will donate $25 to Green Good Neighbors, according to city officials.
The cost for a basic assessment is $50. To schedule an assessment, visit deoenergy savers.com and enter “Green Good Neighbors” in the “Offer Code/Referred by” section.
Dominion also is offering up to $1,250 in rebates per home in addition to any federal tax credits available for upgrades or work to improve a home’s energy performance. For details, visit the company website.
Maria Lindsay contributed to this report.
More Community News
- Girls explore engineering careers
- County consumer protection gets attention
- Crown Point celebrating 25th year
- Local Women Who Care hoping to increase ranks
- Firestone Theatre one of first to stage ‘Mary Poppins’
- ACF announces record assets, awards $1.93 million in grants
- Akron Council voices opposition to ‘restrictive’ state bills
- Bath trustees hire staff for fire department
- Boston trustees discuss action to clear property
- Wadsworth judge presents annual report to Sharon trustees
- West Side News & Notes
- County’s consumer protection gets attention
- Green district celebrates education
- Springfield trustees eyeing new pumper
- Local man impacts mental health training worldwide
- Green students Do Something good
- Lakemore making progress with village deficit
- Jewish Community Board celebrates century
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- “Breath and Imagination” - 3/9/2014
- Second Sunday Dance - 3/9/2014
- Evening Retirement Series - 3/10/2014
- Anchoring - 3/10/2014
- A Far Cry with Matt Haimovitz - 3/11/2014