Green hosting home energy seminar
GREEN — The city of Green will present its third Living Green Workshop this year Oct. 20 from 9 to 11 a.m. at the Central Administration Building, 1755 Town Park Blvd.
The free seminar, “Love the Home You’re in,” will offer tips and techniques for saving energy and money. During the seminar, Jessica Ugarte, from the Cleveland Restoration Society, and Paul Holm, of Rebuilding Together Summit County, will share information about innovative methods and programs that will help save money regardless of the age of a home, according to city officials.
“This is the perfect time of year to discuss ways to save energy and money,” said Sarah Haring, community development administrator. “Like our two previous Living Green seminars, attendees will leave with information they can use immediately to save money, save energy and save resources in an effort to live a more sustainable lifestyle.”
The seminar is free, but seating is limited. To register, visit www.cityofgreen.org or call 330-896-6621.
The next seminar in the Living Green Workshop will be held in spring 2013.
The seminar also will offer five attendees a chance to win a home-energy assessment from Dominion East Ohio Gas. Winners must be city of Green residents and Dominion East Ohio customers.
In addition, for every home-energy assessment performed through the remainder of the year in Green, Dominion East Ohio Gas will donate $25 to Green Good Neighbors, according to city officials.
The cost for a basic assessment is $50. To schedule an assessment, visit deoenergy savers.com and enter “Green Good Neighbors” in the “Offer Code/Referred by” section.
Dominion also is offering up to $1,250 in rebates per home in addition to any federal tax credits available for upgrades or work to improve a home’s energy performance. For details, visit the company website.
Maria Lindsay contributed to this report.
More Community News
- Bath parks levy renewal on May ballot
- Area communities offering Safety Town
- Woodridge studying future of school buildings
- Council OKs new Dollar General in Merriman Valley
- Youth employment program getting on its way
- Falls Council OKs purchase for Electrical Department
- Norton Council accepts Moving Ohio Forward funds
- Boston trustees take step to clear property
- Sharon trustees discuss recent township break-ins
- Granger trustees approve tax abatement guidelines
- KAB names litter prevention campaign contest winners
- LaRose honors local youth
- YMCAs presenting Healthy Kids Day
- Montrose transportation meeting set for May 15
- United Way announces education investments, new funding strategy
- West Side News & Notes
- Green district seeking levy renewal
- Children celebrate Easter early
- Board strikes deal to keep fitness center running
- Springfield officer honored for service
- Grant possibility could increase police presence in Coventry
- Youth employment program on its way
- Rebuilding Together to improve nine area homes
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- A New Adventure - 4/23/2014
- Jeri Holland - 4/23/2014
- Blue Man Group - 4/23/2014
- Apollo’s Fire - 4/24/2014
- “Bye Bye Birdie” - 4/24/2014