10th Akron Marathon breaks records
|Photos: Lew Stamp|
South Broadway in Downtown Akron was filled with runners at the start of the marathon. Shown at right top is a sea of runners as they run from the starting line.
According to marathon officials, Richard Kessio, of Toledo, shown at left top, was the overall winner for the men with a time of 2:18:51. Shanna Ailes Istnick, of Kent, shown at left bottom, was the overall winner for the women with a time of 2:55:10.
In addition, approximately 1,880 children and parents participated in the Kids Fun Run for those ages 14 and younger.
Throughout the 26-mile route, which winds through the city of Akron, spectators cheered on runners, who were entertained by local performers. Shown at right bottom, fans cheered runners crossing the finish line.
For complete results, go to the website www.akron marathon.org.
— By Kathleen Collins
More Community News
- Officials tell Akron Council Ebola risk low
- Fun treats found at Boo at the Zoo
- Health officials mobilize in wake of Ebola concerns
- Fairlawn officials still mulling rental property changes
- Charter change on ballot in Fairlawn
- Council hears reactions to five-year plan
- Norton approves resolutions thanking citizens for service
- Richfield trustees choose architect for service, administration center
- Trustees act on neighborhood traffic concerns
- Peninsula Council meets week after failing to make quorum
- Sharon trustees discuss solicitation incidents
- Bath trustees approve terminating agreement
- Burton D. Morgan Foundation extends support for entrepreneurship programs
- Fairlawn Heights neighbors host festival
- Sight-impaired children get tailored zoo experience
- West Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- “Godzilla” - 10/23/2014
- Campfire: Northern Cheyenne Indians - 10/23/2014
- GriefCare Place - 10/23/2014
- The Tubes - 10/24/2014
- Tales for Tots - 10/24/2014