Runners dash to raise cash
|Photos: Lew Stamp|
“One of our goals is to promote health and wellness, so we were excited to see 64 students under the age of 16 participate in the 5K,” said Logsdon.
Shown at left is Green resident Jared Myers sipping a warm beverage prior to the start of running in the event.
Lilly Ann Berkhouse, 7, is shown at right bottom, stretching with her father, Ryan.
Awards, shown at right top, were presented to the top three winners overall. All the winners are listed at www.chaneyevents.com.
The overall winners in the 5K included: Brandon Simmons, 19, with a time of 17 minutes, 0.09 second; Dennis Halligan, 40 (18:27); and Ben Pollock, 21 (18:41). The top three women were: Jeannie Ritchie, 36 (20:34); Jacquie Fatheree, 32 (20:44); and Margaret Morgan, 55 (21:09).
Awards also went to the top three overall males and females in various age categories in the 1-mile fun run.
“We have received a lot of positive feedback from this event, and we are hoping to continue developing and growing it,” said Logsdon.
— By Maria Lindsay
More Community News
- Akron welcoming NBA star ‘back home’
- Old-fashioned carnival celebrates SCHS anniversary
- Woodridge bids farewell to board member
- APS board accepts donation from foundation
- Kids Month celebrated in August
- Boston trustees discuss issues with road project
- Sharon officials provide update on smell
- Falls drafts deal for development of Menards
- Norton working on flood control on Newpark Drive
- Granger Fire personnel sworn in
- Fairlawn officials investigating nightly room rentals in residences
- West Side News & Notes
- Springfield superintendent retiring
- Road resurfacing behind schedule in Coventry
- Pine Lake residents object to new Lauer Park entrance
Calendar of Events
- A New Beginning - 7/23/2014
- 24th Annual AoRC Juried Show - 7/23/2014
- Music in the Meadow: Mo’ Mojo - 7/23/2014
- Mosaic Picture Frame for grades 5-12 - 7/24/2014
- Taste of Akron - 7/24/2014