Runners dash to raise cash
|Photos: Lew Stamp|
“One of our goals is to promote health and wellness, so we were excited to see 64 students under the age of 16 participate in the 5K,” said Logsdon.
Shown at left is Green resident Jared Myers sipping a warm beverage prior to the start of running in the event.
Lilly Ann Berkhouse, 7, is shown at right bottom, stretching with her father, Ryan.
Awards, shown at right top, were presented to the top three winners overall. All the winners are listed at www.chaneyevents.com.
The overall winners in the 5K included: Brandon Simmons, 19, with a time of 17 minutes, 0.09 second; Dennis Halligan, 40 (18:27); and Ben Pollock, 21 (18:41). The top three women were: Jeannie Ritchie, 36 (20:34); Jacquie Fatheree, 32 (20:44); and Margaret Morgan, 55 (21:09).
Awards also went to the top three overall males and females in various age categories in the 1-mile fun run.
“We have received a lot of positive feedback from this event, and we are hoping to continue developing and growing it,” said Logsdon.
— By Maria Lindsay
More Community News
- Kayaks take plunge in Falls
- Council OKs Akron residential tax plan
- E-poll books may update voting process in county
- Inside|Out art spreads to Copley, West Akron
- Breaux promotes positive attitude on bench
- West Side News & Notes
- Love Akron Network Awards Breakfast focusing on civility
- Summit County officials train for emergencies
- Norton bans medical marijuana operations in city
- Humane Society has new Mobile Adoption Center
- Falls receives grant for preserve project
- Falls breaks ground for downtown revitalization
- City offering electronics recycling
- Falls cleanup May 1-12
- Trustees holding public hearings on fee
- Richfield approves resolutions on autism, intolerance
- Granger officials hear update on proposed conservancy district
- Kiwanis creates baskets for women’s shelter
- MCBDD suggests early detection key for autism
- Touch-A-Truck event offering close-up view
- Council hears schoolhouse recommendation
- Springfield dedicates new playground, trail
- Coventry BOE seeking fiscal emergency release
- New Franklin Council absences delay adoption of legislation
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- University of Akron Choral Concert - 4/28/2017
- Astronomy Club of Akron: Daniel Rothstein on The Four Red Shifts - 4/28/2017
- Bluebell Valley Hike - 4/28/2017
- Rape Crisis Center of Medina & Summit Counties Walk of Heroes - 4/28/2017
- A New Adventure: group for widows and widowers - 4/29/2017