Runners dash to raise cash
|Photos: Lew Stamp|
“One of our goals is to promote health and wellness, so we were excited to see 64 students under the age of 16 participate in the 5K,” said Logsdon.
Shown at left is Green resident Jared Myers sipping a warm beverage prior to the start of running in the event.
Lilly Ann Berkhouse, 7, is shown at right bottom, stretching with her father, Ryan.
Awards, shown at right top, were presented to the top three winners overall. All the winners are listed at www.chaneyevents.com.
The overall winners in the 5K included: Brandon Simmons, 19, with a time of 17 minutes, 0.09 second; Dennis Halligan, 40 (18:27); and Ben Pollock, 21 (18:41). The top three women were: Jeannie Ritchie, 36 (20:34); Jacquie Fatheree, 32 (20:44); and Margaret Morgan, 55 (21:09).
Awards also went to the top three overall males and females in various age categories in the 1-mile fun run.
“We have received a lot of positive feedback from this event, and we are hoping to continue developing and growing it,” said Logsdon.
— By Maria Lindsay
More Community News
- Moneypenny ready to take mayor’s seat
- Copley celebrates Memorial Day
- Founders’ Day will mark AA’s 80th year
- Shy shares credit for park district successes
- West Side News & Notes
- Copley asks Ohio Supreme Court to hear Rothrock appeal
- Historic designation sought for Keyser property
- Copley trustees approve building replacement
- Richfield police chief warns residents about burglars
- Richfield trustees discuss Crowell Hilaka property use
- Council reviews rebids for Central Park
- Green celebrates Memorial Day
- New Franklin sinks idea for Tudor House dock
- Green assistant fire chief retiring
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- A New Adventure - 5/30/2015
- Yoga for Kids: ages 6-10 - 5/30/2015
- Archery Games for Kids: ages 9-12 - 5/30/2015
- Warm and Hot in Peninsula - 5/30/2015
- Doo Wop Legends in Concert - 5/30/2015