Runners dash to raise cash
|Photos: Lew Stamp|
“One of our goals is to promote health and wellness, so we were excited to see 64 students under the age of 16 participate in the 5K,” said Logsdon.
Shown at left is Green resident Jared Myers sipping a warm beverage prior to the start of running in the event.
Lilly Ann Berkhouse, 7, is shown at right bottom, stretching with her father, Ryan.
Awards, shown at right top, were presented to the top three winners overall. All the winners are listed at www.chaneyevents.com.
The overall winners in the 5K included: Brandon Simmons, 19, with a time of 17 minutes, 0.09 second; Dennis Halligan, 40 (18:27); and Ben Pollock, 21 (18:41). The top three women were: Jeannie Ritchie, 36 (20:34); Jacquie Fatheree, 32 (20:44); and Margaret Morgan, 55 (21:09).
Awards also went to the top three overall males and females in various age categories in the 1-mile fun run.
“We have received a lot of positive feedback from this event, and we are hoping to continue developing and growing it,” said Logsdon.
— By Maria Lindsay
More Community News
- Akron Council raises campaign limits
- Animals in need find home at Forever Amber Acres
- Mustard Seed eyes May opening in Highland Square
- Reentry Network offers safety net for parolees
- West Side News & Notes
- Celebrate with religious sights, sounds
- Reentry Network announces 2015 programs
- Cub Scouts participate in ‘Operation Smile’
- Fairlawn officials remember former Council member
- OWRC installs 2015 officers
- Bath trustees reject fact-finder’s report
- Boston officials discuss new tax collection agency
- Sharon trustees revisit resurfacing agreement
- Hattie Larlham gets early Christmas gift
- Norton officers take part in Shop with a Cop
- Norton food drive to help families
Calendar of Events
- Celebrate the Season - 12/19/2014
- Movie Matinee - 12/19/2014
- Tales for Tots - 12/19/2014
- Holiday Open House - 12/20/2014
- Wildlife and Wood Workshop: Bird Feeder - 12/20/2014