Runners dash to raise cash
|Photos: Lew Stamp|
“One of our goals is to promote health and wellness, so we were excited to see 64 students under the age of 16 participate in the 5K,” said Logsdon.
Shown at left is Green resident Jared Myers sipping a warm beverage prior to the start of running in the event.
Lilly Ann Berkhouse, 7, is shown at right bottom, stretching with her father, Ryan.
Awards, shown at right top, were presented to the top three winners overall. All the winners are listed at www.chaneyevents.com.
The overall winners in the 5K included: Brandon Simmons, 19, with a time of 17 minutes, 0.09 second; Dennis Halligan, 40 (18:27); and Ben Pollock, 21 (18:41). The top three women were: Jeannie Ritchie, 36 (20:34); Jacquie Fatheree, 32 (20:44); and Margaret Morgan, 55 (21:09).
Awards also went to the top three overall males and females in various age categories in the 1-mile fun run.
“We have received a lot of positive feedback from this event, and we are hoping to continue developing and growing it,” said Logsdon.
— By Maria Lindsay
More Community News
- Minus kitchen, shelter will feed residents
- Revere students schooled on financial literacy
- Travel expenses spur Akron City Council discussion
- Copley survey results to guide development
- West Side News & Notes
- Norton celebrates upgraded bond rating
- Four to seek vacant Norton City Council seat
- Sharon Post Office to host Passport Fair
- Council delays vote on repairs to downtown decks
- Peninsula Council honors resident
- Boston trustees discuss new speed limit law
- Council considers rezoning request on West Streetsboro Road
- Trustees OK agreement for Southern Road property
- Granger property owner addresses BZA ruling
- Police seeking help with burglaries
- Green Middle School assisting students in need
- Coventry district presents report on open enrollment
- Coventry closes door to new gaming establishments
- South Side News & Notes
- Even without kitchen, shelter will feed residents
Calendar of Events
- Verb Ballets: “Works Reimagined: Continuing the Legacy of Heinz Poll”; “Carnival of the Animals” - 2/19/2017
- Akron Baroque and Singers Companye - 2/19/2017
- Pinterest Projects: Succulents - 2/19/2017
- “Pete’s Dragon” - 2/20/2017
- Friends of the Maltz Museum’s Presidents’ Day Celebration - 2/20/2017