Runners dash to raise cash
|Photos: Lew Stamp|
“One of our goals is to promote health and wellness, so we were excited to see 64 students under the age of 16 participate in the 5K,” said Logsdon.
Shown at left is Green resident Jared Myers sipping a warm beverage prior to the start of running in the event.
Lilly Ann Berkhouse, 7, is shown at right bottom, stretching with her father, Ryan.
Awards, shown at right top, were presented to the top three winners overall. All the winners are listed at www.chaneyevents.com.
The overall winners in the 5K included: Brandon Simmons, 19, with a time of 17 minutes, 0.09 second; Dennis Halligan, 40 (18:27); and Ben Pollock, 21 (18:41). The top three women were: Jeannie Ritchie, 36 (20:34); Jacquie Fatheree, 32 (20:44); and Margaret Morgan, 55 (21:09).
Awards also went to the top three overall males and females in various age categories in the 1-mile fun run.
“We have received a lot of positive feedback from this event, and we are hoping to continue developing and growing it,” said Logsdon.
— By Maria Lindsay
More Community News
- Health officials turn attention to flu
- Vet Art Project promotes healing through shared stories
- Retired Norton police chief looks back on career
- Akron City Council commends Amber Vinson
- Preservation Alliance celebrating 30 years
- County planning Boston Mills Road improvements
- Natatorium’s deficit lessens in Falls
- Trustees discuss potential change in JEDD tax collection
- Cost will determine sewer system type in Norton
- Granger trustees approve work on Fire Station parking lot
- Richfield Village Council approves new cemetery fees
- Local Boy Scout earns Eagle rank with patio build
- West Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Robert Gruca - 10/30/2014
- Family Halloween Party - 10/30/2014
- “Toy Story of Terror” and “Hocus Pocus" - 10/30/2014
- Artists Who Teach - 10/31/2014
- “Family Health” Book Sale - 10/31/2014