Trail Mix open for business
|Photos: Scott Horstman|
The store, which is shown at left bottom, features souvenirs and other items, such as books, art and jewelry by local artisans and a café with locally sourced food. There is also a children’s area in the store, which is located at 1600 Mill St.
Cartoonist Jenny Campbell was on hand at the event and is shown at left top with Gia Smith, 2, of Akron, who is in front of a mural of an otter mascot created by Campbell.
Tickets for CVSR train rides are also available at Trail Mix Peninsula. Pictured at right top is Karen Stadler, a volunteer trainman for CVSR, as she waits to greet the train as it comes into the Peninsula Station.
Trail Mix Peninsula is open daily from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. through Nov. 30 and Dec. 26-30. The store will be open daily from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Dec. 1-23 and from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Dec. 24 and 31. It also will be open Nov. 29 from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. for the annual Peninsula Candlelight Walk. It will be closed Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
For details on Trail Mix, visit www.conservancyforcvnp.org or call 330-657-2909.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Community News
- State capital improvements issue on ballot
- Blue herons prepare for new arrivals
- West Akron rezoning request withdrawn
- Fundraisers for brain cancer research planned
- Eagle Scouts plan special trip to honor D-Day
- County Council considering raises for employees
- Fairlawn Police Department promotes five officers
- Peninsula Council approves agricultural district renewal
- Bath trustees conduct business for Revere students
- Dates set for annual Richfield community celebration
- Richfield trustees approve settlement for use of crusher
- Copley seeking new bids to raze Community Center
- West Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Chuck Loeb, Everett Harp and Jeff Lorber - 4/25/2014
- Social Texas Hold ‘em for Seniors, - 4/25/2014
- Ballroom Nights - 4/25/2014
- How Sweet Was It? - 4/25/2014
- Akron Symphony Pops Orchestra - 4/25/2014