Trail Mix open for business
|Photos: Scott Horstman|
The store, which is shown at left bottom, features souvenirs and other items, such as books, art and jewelry by local artisans and a café with locally sourced food. There is also a children’s area in the store, which is located at 1600 Mill St.
Cartoonist Jenny Campbell was on hand at the event and is shown at left top with Gia Smith, 2, of Akron, who is in front of a mural of an otter mascot created by Campbell.
Tickets for CVSR train rides are also available at Trail Mix Peninsula. Pictured at right top is Karen Stadler, a volunteer trainman for CVSR, as she waits to greet the train as it comes into the Peninsula Station.
Trail Mix Peninsula is open daily from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. through Nov. 30 and Dec. 26-30. The store will be open daily from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Dec. 1-23 and from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Dec. 24 and 31. It also will be open Nov. 29 from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. for the annual Peninsula Candlelight Walk. It will be closed Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
For details on Trail Mix, visit www.conservancyforcvnp.org or call 330-657-2909.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Community News
- Health district moving to West Akron
- Runners get in Halloween spirit
- Granger voters to see road, fire levies on ballot
- Fire levy on ballot in Sharon
- West Akron man volunteering in Ghana
- Falls implementing civil dispute program
- Boston to receive funds from NPS
- Richfield mayor discusses village’s investments
- Granger trustees continue to review conservation easement
- Stow Court modernizing, shares info with Richfield Chamber
- OFSC presents funds to burn unit
- West Side News & Notes
- Lakemore asking voters to renew fire levy
- Acme celebrates opening
- Coventry trustees asking voters to support Issue 53
- Residents oppose proposed gas line through Green
- Springfield helping with Canton Road corridor work
- Health district readies for new home
- Green Fire named STEMI Award winner
- Green employee receives Patriot Award
- Students share green thumb efforts
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- A New Beginning - 10/22/2014
- Bastille - 10/22/2014
- Weekday Walkers - 10/22/2014
- Wine and Canvas Painting Class - 10/22/2014
- “Godzilla” - 10/23/2014