Eastern Star installs officers
|Photo courtesy of William Murphy|
Dorothy and William Murphy were installed as worthy matron and worthy patron for 2012-13.
Other officers installed were: Diana Hoover, associate matron; Richard Hoover, associate patron; Iva Johnson, secretary; Annette Myers, treasurer; Joan Robinson, conductress; Kathy Stec, associate conductress; Beverly Schaber, chaplain; George Tilden, marshal; Vicky Vaughan, organist; Renee Onesti, Adah; Gloria Tilden, Ruth; Judy Duplaga, Esther; Lori Foldessy, Martha; Marcia Hopkins, electa;, Todd Onesti, warder; Art Robinson, sentinel; and Susan Brennan, trustee.
Pictured at right, from left, are: former worthy grand matron Carolyn McCahan; grand representative Sandee Hyde; deputy grand matron Susan Schenck; Dorothy and William Murphy, newly installed worthy matron and patron; associate grand conductress Susan Simpson; and former worthy grand patron Bruce Hansford.
The installing officer for the evening was Susan Simpson. James Simpson served as installing marshal, while Foldessy was installing chaplain. Music was provided by Elaine Hammond.
According to chapter officials, special honor was given to the gathering by the presence of McCahan, Bruce Hansford, Schenck and Hyde. Also recognized were nine worthy matrons and seven worthy patrons from other chapters, and 20 past matrons and eight past patrons of the Falls Chapter.
Refreshments were served at a reception held in the main dining room immediately following the meeting.
The theme of the evening was “Faith, Friendship, Family and Fun.” Tables were decorated with coverings of silver and black and accented with silver, black and green table decorations.
More Community News
- Health district moving to West Akron
- Runners get in Halloween spirit
- Granger voters to see road, fire levies on ballot
- Fire levy on ballot in Sharon
- West Akron man volunteering in Ghana
- Falls implementing civil dispute program
- Boston to receive funds from NPS
- Richfield mayor discusses village’s investments
- Granger trustees continue to review conservation easement
- Stow Court modernizing, shares info with Richfield Chamber
- OFSC presents funds to burn unit
- West Side News & Notes
- Lakemore asking voters to renew fire levy
- Acme celebrates opening
- Coventry trustees asking voters to support Issue 53
- Residents oppose proposed gas line through Green
- Springfield helping with Canton Road corridor work
- Health district readies for new home
- Green Fire named STEMI Award winner
- Green employee receives Patriot Award
- Students share green thumb efforts
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Civil War Talk: General Sheridan - 10/20/2014
- Akron History Hike: Old Stone School - 10/20/2014
- Amazing World of Bats - 10/21/2014
- A New Beginning - 10/22/2014
- Bastille - 10/22/2014