Eastern Star installs officers
|Photo courtesy of William Murphy|
Dorothy and William Murphy were installed as worthy matron and worthy patron for 2012-13.
Other officers installed were: Diana Hoover, associate matron; Richard Hoover, associate patron; Iva Johnson, secretary; Annette Myers, treasurer; Joan Robinson, conductress; Kathy Stec, associate conductress; Beverly Schaber, chaplain; George Tilden, marshal; Vicky Vaughan, organist; Renee Onesti, Adah; Gloria Tilden, Ruth; Judy Duplaga, Esther; Lori Foldessy, Martha; Marcia Hopkins, electa;, Todd Onesti, warder; Art Robinson, sentinel; and Susan Brennan, trustee.
Pictured at right, from left, are: former worthy grand matron Carolyn McCahan; grand representative Sandee Hyde; deputy grand matron Susan Schenck; Dorothy and William Murphy, newly installed worthy matron and patron; associate grand conductress Susan Simpson; and former worthy grand patron Bruce Hansford.
The installing officer for the evening was Susan Simpson. James Simpson served as installing marshal, while Foldessy was installing chaplain. Music was provided by Elaine Hammond.
According to chapter officials, special honor was given to the gathering by the presence of McCahan, Bruce Hansford, Schenck and Hyde. Also recognized were nine worthy matrons and seven worthy patrons from other chapters, and 20 past matrons and eight past patrons of the Falls Chapter.
Refreshments were served at a reception held in the main dining room immediately following the meeting.
The theme of the evening was “Faith, Friendship, Family and Fun.” Tables were decorated with coverings of silver and black and accented with silver, black and green table decorations.
More Community News
- Downtown Akron retail, housing planned
- Sharon kicks off Christmas season
- Litchfield CLC accepted into IB program
- State auditor releases special report on open enrollment
- Falls Council hears utility audit report
- West Side News & Notes
- ADM Services Board recognizes Trailblazers
- Work on 2017 county budget continues
- Boston trustees discuss business not registered in JEDD
- Bath trustees reduce speed limit on Bonnebrook
- Bath Community Fund awards first grants
- Sharon trustees discuss Eagle Scout project
- Auditor releases report on open enrollment
- Lakemore lights up for holidays
- Downtown retail, housing planned on South Main
- Springfield district planning stadium improvements
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Helen Welch Trio; Jan Rookard and Ray McCall - 12/3/2016
- Glass Fusing: Make a Tiny Bowl - 12/3/2016
- Illusion Factory’s “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” - 12/3/2016
- Mind Your Own Beeswax Workshop - 12/3/2016
- Women’s Art League Show - 12/3/2016