Eastern Star installs officers
|Photo courtesy of William Murphy|
Dorothy and William Murphy were installed as worthy matron and worthy patron for 2012-13.
Other officers installed were: Diana Hoover, associate matron; Richard Hoover, associate patron; Iva Johnson, secretary; Annette Myers, treasurer; Joan Robinson, conductress; Kathy Stec, associate conductress; Beverly Schaber, chaplain; George Tilden, marshal; Vicky Vaughan, organist; Renee Onesti, Adah; Gloria Tilden, Ruth; Judy Duplaga, Esther; Lori Foldessy, Martha; Marcia Hopkins, electa;, Todd Onesti, warder; Art Robinson, sentinel; and Susan Brennan, trustee.
Pictured at right, from left, are: former worthy grand matron Carolyn McCahan; grand representative Sandee Hyde; deputy grand matron Susan Schenck; Dorothy and William Murphy, newly installed worthy matron and patron; associate grand conductress Susan Simpson; and former worthy grand patron Bruce Hansford.
The installing officer for the evening was Susan Simpson. James Simpson served as installing marshal, while Foldessy was installing chaplain. Music was provided by Elaine Hammond.
According to chapter officials, special honor was given to the gathering by the presence of McCahan, Bruce Hansford, Schenck and Hyde. Also recognized were nine worthy matrons and seven worthy patrons from other chapters, and 20 past matrons and eight past patrons of the Falls Chapter.
Refreshments were served at a reception held in the main dining room immediately following the meeting.
The theme of the evening was “Faith, Friendship, Family and Fun.” Tables were decorated with coverings of silver and black and accented with silver, black and green table decorations.
More Community News
- Akron Council OKs retiree benefit changes
- Treats in store at Akron Zoo
- County seeing opiate epidemic effects on finances
- APS board hears financial forecast
- West Side News & Notes
- Sheriff’s Office dedicates K-9 memorial
- ‘King of the Falls’ receives recognition at Broad Boulevard
- Falls leaf program start delayed to Oct. 31
- Falls seeking Youth Advisory Council members
- Norton Council OKs energy efficiency improvements
- Montrose Avenue zoning request in Bath withdrawn
- Norton Council clerk collecting pajama donations
- Boy Scout builds birdhouses for area shelters
- Copley trustees purchase third parcel for ‘campus’
- KAB recognizes board member, volunteer
- Richfield Council considering expanding cemeteries
- Granger board hears complaints about after-hours park use
- Lead poisoning prevention push underway
- SCPH gets $2.9 million for Lead Hazard Control program
- County Adopt-A-Thon rehomes pets
Calendar of Events
- Art of Vijay Rastogi - 10/28/2016
- Twilight Hike and Campfire - 10/28/2016
- Tales for Tots: ages 3-6 - 10/28/2016
- Elvis Costello and the Imposters - 10/28/2016
- Ballroom Nights - 10/28/2016