Eastern Star installs officers
|Photo courtesy of William Murphy|
Dorothy and William Murphy were installed as worthy matron and worthy patron for 2012-13.
Other officers installed were: Diana Hoover, associate matron; Richard Hoover, associate patron; Iva Johnson, secretary; Annette Myers, treasurer; Joan Robinson, conductress; Kathy Stec, associate conductress; Beverly Schaber, chaplain; George Tilden, marshal; Vicky Vaughan, organist; Renee Onesti, Adah; Gloria Tilden, Ruth; Judy Duplaga, Esther; Lori Foldessy, Martha; Marcia Hopkins, electa;, Todd Onesti, warder; Art Robinson, sentinel; and Susan Brennan, trustee.
Pictured at right, from left, are: former worthy grand matron Carolyn McCahan; grand representative Sandee Hyde; deputy grand matron Susan Schenck; Dorothy and William Murphy, newly installed worthy matron and patron; associate grand conductress Susan Simpson; and former worthy grand patron Bruce Hansford.
The installing officer for the evening was Susan Simpson. James Simpson served as installing marshal, while Foldessy was installing chaplain. Music was provided by Elaine Hammond.
According to chapter officials, special honor was given to the gathering by the presence of McCahan, Bruce Hansford, Schenck and Hyde. Also recognized were nine worthy matrons and seven worthy patrons from other chapters, and 20 past matrons and eight past patrons of the Falls Chapter.
Refreshments were served at a reception held in the main dining room immediately following the meeting.
The theme of the evening was “Faith, Friendship, Family and Fun.” Tables were decorated with coverings of silver and black and accented with silver, black and green table decorations.
More Community News
- Girls explore engineering careers
- County consumer protection gets attention
- Crown Point celebrating 25th year
- Local Women Who Care hoping to increase ranks
- Firestone Theatre one of first to stage ‘Mary Poppins’
- ACF announces record assets, awards $1.93 million in grants
- Akron Council voices opposition to ‘restrictive’ state bills
- Bath trustees hire staff for fire department
- Boston trustees discuss action to clear property
- Wadsworth judge presents annual report to Sharon trustees
- West Side News & Notes
- County’s consumer protection gets attention
- Green district celebrates education
- Springfield trustees eyeing new pumper
- Local man impacts mental health training worldwide
- Green students Do Something good
- Lakemore making progress with village deficit
- Jewish Community Board celebrates century
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Garden Bucket List - 3/8/2014
- Akron Symphony Orchestra - 3/8/2014
- Ballroom Dancing - 3/8/2014
- Boy Scouts Troop No. 304 Pancake Breakfast - 3/8/2014
- Louie Bluie Legacy Band featuring Ralphe Armstrong - 3/8/2014