Eastern Star installs officers
|Photo courtesy of William Murphy|
Dorothy and William Murphy were installed as worthy matron and worthy patron for 2012-13.
Other officers installed were: Diana Hoover, associate matron; Richard Hoover, associate patron; Iva Johnson, secretary; Annette Myers, treasurer; Joan Robinson, conductress; Kathy Stec, associate conductress; Beverly Schaber, chaplain; George Tilden, marshal; Vicky Vaughan, organist; Renee Onesti, Adah; Gloria Tilden, Ruth; Judy Duplaga, Esther; Lori Foldessy, Martha; Marcia Hopkins, electa;, Todd Onesti, warder; Art Robinson, sentinel; and Susan Brennan, trustee.
Pictured at right, from left, are: former worthy grand matron Carolyn McCahan; grand representative Sandee Hyde; deputy grand matron Susan Schenck; Dorothy and William Murphy, newly installed worthy matron and patron; associate grand conductress Susan Simpson; and former worthy grand patron Bruce Hansford.
The installing officer for the evening was Susan Simpson. James Simpson served as installing marshal, while Foldessy was installing chaplain. Music was provided by Elaine Hammond.
According to chapter officials, special honor was given to the gathering by the presence of McCahan, Bruce Hansford, Schenck and Hyde. Also recognized were nine worthy matrons and seven worthy patrons from other chapters, and 20 past matrons and eight past patrons of the Falls Chapter.
Refreshments were served at a reception held in the main dining room immediately following the meeting.
The theme of the evening was “Faith, Friendship, Family and Fun.” Tables were decorated with coverings of silver and black and accented with silver, black and green table decorations.
More Community News
- Minus kitchen, shelter will feed residents
- Revere students schooled on financial literacy
- Travel expenses spur Akron City Council discussion
- Copley survey results to guide development
- West Side News & Notes
- Norton celebrates upgraded bond rating
- Four to seek vacant Norton City Council seat
- Sharon Post Office to host Passport Fair
- Council delays vote on repairs to downtown decks
- Peninsula Council honors resident
- Boston trustees discuss new speed limit law
- Council considers rezoning request on West Streetsboro Road
- Trustees OK agreement for Southern Road property
- Granger property owner addresses BZA ruling
- Police seeking help with burglaries
- Green Middle School assisting students in need
- Coventry district presents report on open enrollment
- Coventry closes door to new gaming establishments
- South Side News & Notes
- Even without kitchen, shelter will feed residents
Calendar of Events
- A New Adventure: group for widows and widowers - 2/22/2017
- “Saturday Night Fever — The Musical” - 2/22/2017
- Hydration in Older Adults - 2/22/2017
- Meet Me in the Garden - 2/22/2017
- Fiber Art Open Studio - 2/22/2017