Eastern Star installs officers
|Photo courtesy of William Murphy|
Dorothy and William Murphy were installed as worthy matron and worthy patron for 2012-13.
Other officers installed were: Diana Hoover, associate matron; Richard Hoover, associate patron; Iva Johnson, secretary; Annette Myers, treasurer; Joan Robinson, conductress; Kathy Stec, associate conductress; Beverly Schaber, chaplain; George Tilden, marshal; Vicky Vaughan, organist; Renee Onesti, Adah; Gloria Tilden, Ruth; Judy Duplaga, Esther; Lori Foldessy, Martha; Marcia Hopkins, electa;, Todd Onesti, warder; Art Robinson, sentinel; and Susan Brennan, trustee.
Pictured at right, from left, are: former worthy grand matron Carolyn McCahan; grand representative Sandee Hyde; deputy grand matron Susan Schenck; Dorothy and William Murphy, newly installed worthy matron and patron; associate grand conductress Susan Simpson; and former worthy grand patron Bruce Hansford.
The installing officer for the evening was Susan Simpson. James Simpson served as installing marshal, while Foldessy was installing chaplain. Music was provided by Elaine Hammond.
According to chapter officials, special honor was given to the gathering by the presence of McCahan, Bruce Hansford, Schenck and Hyde. Also recognized were nine worthy matrons and seven worthy patrons from other chapters, and 20 past matrons and eight past patrons of the Falls Chapter.
Refreshments were served at a reception held in the main dining room immediately following the meeting.
The theme of the evening was “Faith, Friendship, Family and Fun.” Tables were decorated with coverings of silver and black and accented with silver, black and green table decorations.
More Community News
- Copley Town Hall hosting general store exhibit
- Nondiscrimination ordinance considered
- County engineer floating proposed storm water utility
- Keith reflects on year as Council president
- West Side News & Notes
- West Side Political News & Notes
- AARP cancels Tax-Aide program at Norton, Portage Lakes libraries
- Fairlawn Council passes ‘very conservative’ budget for 2017
- Trustees appoint committee to explore economic development
- Bath trustees waive zoning permit fees for observatory
- Clerk grateful for Easter collection support
- Changes coming to Sharon Township Cemetery
- Copley-Fairlawn Kiwanis helping burn victim
Calendar of Events
- Warbler Warm-Up - 3/23/2017
- School Age STEAM: kindergarten through fifth grade - 3/23/2017
- Akron Marathon Informational Session: Beginners and Walkers - 3/23/2017
- “Storks” - 3/23/2017
- Experimental Acrylic and Design - 3/23/2017