Eastern Star installs officers
|Photo courtesy of William Murphy|
Dorothy and William Murphy were installed as worthy matron and worthy patron for 2012-13.
Other officers installed were: Diana Hoover, associate matron; Richard Hoover, associate patron; Iva Johnson, secretary; Annette Myers, treasurer; Joan Robinson, conductress; Kathy Stec, associate conductress; Beverly Schaber, chaplain; George Tilden, marshal; Vicky Vaughan, organist; Renee Onesti, Adah; Gloria Tilden, Ruth; Judy Duplaga, Esther; Lori Foldessy, Martha; Marcia Hopkins, electa;, Todd Onesti, warder; Art Robinson, sentinel; and Susan Brennan, trustee.
Pictured at right, from left, are: former worthy grand matron Carolyn McCahan; grand representative Sandee Hyde; deputy grand matron Susan Schenck; Dorothy and William Murphy, newly installed worthy matron and patron; associate grand conductress Susan Simpson; and former worthy grand patron Bruce Hansford.
The installing officer for the evening was Susan Simpson. James Simpson served as installing marshal, while Foldessy was installing chaplain. Music was provided by Elaine Hammond.
According to chapter officials, special honor was given to the gathering by the presence of McCahan, Bruce Hansford, Schenck and Hyde. Also recognized were nine worthy matrons and seven worthy patrons from other chapters, and 20 past matrons and eight past patrons of the Falls Chapter.
Refreshments were served at a reception held in the main dining room immediately following the meeting.
The theme of the evening was “Faith, Friendship, Family and Fun.” Tables were decorated with coverings of silver and black and accented with silver, black and green table decorations.
More Community News
- Bath parks levy renewal on May ballot
- Area communities offering Safety Town
- Woodridge studying future of school buildings
- Council OKs new Dollar General in Merriman Valley
- Youth employment program getting on its way
- Falls Council OKs purchase for Electrical Department
- Norton Council accepts Moving Ohio Forward funds
- Boston trustees take step to clear property
- Sharon trustees discuss recent township break-ins
- Granger trustees approve tax abatement guidelines
- KAB names litter prevention campaign contest winners
- LaRose honors local youth
- YMCAs presenting Healthy Kids Day
- Montrose transportation meeting set for May 15
- United Way announces education investments, new funding strategy
- West Side News & Notes
- Green district seeking levy renewal
- Children celebrate Easter early
- Board strikes deal to keep fitness center running
- Springfield officer honored for service
- Grant possibility could increase police presence in Coventry
- Youth employment program on its way
- Rebuilding Together to improve nine area homes
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- A New Adventure - 4/23/2014
- Jeri Holland - 4/23/2014
- Blue Man Group - 4/23/2014
- Apollo’s Fire - 4/24/2014
- “Bye Bye Birdie” - 4/24/2014