Eastern Star installs officers
|Photo courtesy of William Murphy|
Dorothy and William Murphy were installed as worthy matron and worthy patron for 2012-13.
Other officers installed were: Diana Hoover, associate matron; Richard Hoover, associate patron; Iva Johnson, secretary; Annette Myers, treasurer; Joan Robinson, conductress; Kathy Stec, associate conductress; Beverly Schaber, chaplain; George Tilden, marshal; Vicky Vaughan, organist; Renee Onesti, Adah; Gloria Tilden, Ruth; Judy Duplaga, Esther; Lori Foldessy, Martha; Marcia Hopkins, electa;, Todd Onesti, warder; Art Robinson, sentinel; and Susan Brennan, trustee.
Pictured at right, from left, are: former worthy grand matron Carolyn McCahan; grand representative Sandee Hyde; deputy grand matron Susan Schenck; Dorothy and William Murphy, newly installed worthy matron and patron; associate grand conductress Susan Simpson; and former worthy grand patron Bruce Hansford.
The installing officer for the evening was Susan Simpson. James Simpson served as installing marshal, while Foldessy was installing chaplain. Music was provided by Elaine Hammond.
According to chapter officials, special honor was given to the gathering by the presence of McCahan, Bruce Hansford, Schenck and Hyde. Also recognized were nine worthy matrons and seven worthy patrons from other chapters, and 20 past matrons and eight past patrons of the Falls Chapter.
Refreshments were served at a reception held in the main dining room immediately following the meeting.
The theme of the evening was “Faith, Friendship, Family and Fun.” Tables were decorated with coverings of silver and black and accented with silver, black and green table decorations.
More Community News
- Health officials probe hospital TB exposure
- Richfield Village kicks off jubilee year
- Falls forms team to address opiate addiction
- Kurt continues as Clerk of Courts
- Early meetings don’t dissuade Copley Key Club members
- West Side News & Notes
- Boston trustees honor community members
- Impact Award winners honored
- Bath trustees request intersection study
- Shapiro takes oath of office
- Mature Services receives grant for program
- Lakemore requesting income tax increase
- Coventry moving ahead with police ballot issue
- Springfield trustees to place new parks levy on ballot
- South Side News & Notes
- Akron mayor wants Oriana House audit
- Green mayor to give State of City
Calendar of Events
- The Lincoln Inaugural Train - 1/23/2017
- “Reasons to Be Happy” - 1/24/2017
- A New Adventure: group for widows and widowers - 1/25/2017
- Tuesday Musical: Imani Winds - 1/25/2017
- Full Circle Storytelling - 1/25/2017