Sustainability expert visits Green
|Photo courtesy of the city of Green|
The purpose of the presentation, which took place in City Council Chambers, was to kick off the city’s Living Green Initiative, spearheaded by the Living Green Task Force, which will be responsible for setting the priorities for sustainability issues in Green.
Wallace, a 1986 graduate of Green High School, has almost 20 years of experience advising corporations, nonprofits and government agencies in their efforts to develop and implement sustainability initiatives, according to Green officials.
Currently director of GRI’s Focal Point USA, Wallace is a recognized expert in his field and is responsible for supporting the growth and quality of sustainability reporting in the United States, according to Green officials. Wallace has given expert testimony to the European Commission, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and a range of business associations.
Task Force members shown with Wallace (shown at right, second from left in back) include, from left: (back row) Sarah Haring, Mayor Dick Norton, Cynthia Vignos, Denise Talbott and Anthony Ziehler; and (front row) Megan Weidner, Yolanda Walker and Jane Warmus.
More Community News
- Akron seeking help with ‘sensitive’ incidents
- King CLC opens to public
- Fire in Richfield destroys building, equipment
- Breaking Addiction Act gets partial support from Council
- APS focusing on digital needs, offerings
- Norton OKs fire truck purchase
- County ordinance may pave way for Copley flood relief
- Richfield trustees discuss recovery from recent fire
- Richfield Village assisting township with aid after fire
- Community input requested on land conservancy proposal
- Search for missing woman continues in CVNP
- West Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- 11th Annual Juried Fiber Arts Show - 8/29/2014
- Texas Hold’em Afternoon - 8/29/2014
- A New Beginning - 8/30/2014
- “Ride” - 8/30/2014
- Get Acquainted With Bridge - 8/30/2014