Sustainability expert visits Green
|Photo courtesy of the city of Green|
The purpose of the presentation, which took place in City Council Chambers, was to kick off the city’s Living Green Initiative, spearheaded by the Living Green Task Force, which will be responsible for setting the priorities for sustainability issues in Green.
Wallace, a 1986 graduate of Green High School, has almost 20 years of experience advising corporations, nonprofits and government agencies in their efforts to develop and implement sustainability initiatives, according to Green officials.
Currently director of GRI’s Focal Point USA, Wallace is a recognized expert in his field and is responsible for supporting the growth and quality of sustainability reporting in the United States, according to Green officials. Wallace has given expert testimony to the European Commission, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and a range of business associations.
Task Force members shown with Wallace (shown at right, second from left in back) include, from left: (back row) Sarah Haring, Mayor Dick Norton, Cynthia Vignos, Denise Talbott and Anthony Ziehler; and (front row) Megan Weidner, Yolanda Walker and Jane Warmus.
More Community News
- APS plans to create health career academy
- Nice day for a swim … if you’re a polar bear
- Akron Council defends hiring city residents
- County may make clean break from Norton sewers
- Lippman School celebrating 50th anniversary
- West Side News & Notes
- Faith Lutheran to dedicate new building
- Stow Clerk of Courts Advisory Council hosts inaugural meeting
- New residents celebrate first winter in Akron
- Norton Council lowers costs for sewer assessments
- Fairlawn officials working toward passing final 2015 budget
- Falls Council OKs site plans for Menards, townhome project
- Bath enters into agreement with Falls for jail services
- First Bath Community Fund meeting planned
- Richfield Village Council OKs fire/EMS contract with township
- Trustees select design-build teams for new building
- Copley trustees oppose removal of Minor Road traffic signal
- Granger officials introduced to new recycling proposal
- Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank kicks off Harvest for Hunger
- Junior League honors members
Calendar of Events
- Soundscapes: Collaging with Sound - 2/26/2015
- Ballroom Dance Lessons - 2/26/2015
- Lawrence Brownlee - 2/26/2015
- Teen Book Club: “Like No Other” by Una LaMarche - 2/26/2015
- Akron Metro Parks Hiking Club hikes - 2/26/2015