Sustainability expert visits Green
|Photo courtesy of the city of Green|
The purpose of the presentation, which took place in City Council Chambers, was to kick off the city’s Living Green Initiative, spearheaded by the Living Green Task Force, which will be responsible for setting the priorities for sustainability issues in Green.
Wallace, a 1986 graduate of Green High School, has almost 20 years of experience advising corporations, nonprofits and government agencies in their efforts to develop and implement sustainability initiatives, according to Green officials.
Currently director of GRI’s Focal Point USA, Wallace is a recognized expert in his field and is responsible for supporting the growth and quality of sustainability reporting in the United States, according to Green officials. Wallace has given expert testimony to the European Commission, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and a range of business associations.
Task Force members shown with Wallace (shown at right, second from left in back) include, from left: (back row) Sarah Haring, Mayor Dick Norton, Cynthia Vignos, Denise Talbott and Anthony Ziehler; and (front row) Megan Weidner, Yolanda Walker and Jane Warmus.
More Community News
- Akron Council raises campaign limits
- Animals in need find home at Forever Amber Acres
- Mustard Seed eyes May opening in Highland Square
- Reentry Network offers safety net for parolees
- West Side News & Notes
- Celebrate with religious sights, sounds
- Reentry Network announces 2015 programs
- Cub Scouts participate in ‘Operation Smile’
- Fairlawn officials remember former Council member
- OWRC installs 2015 officers
- Bath trustees reject fact-finder’s report
- Boston officials discuss new tax collection agency
- Sharon trustees revisit resurfacing agreement
- Hattie Larlham gets early Christmas gift
- Norton officers take part in Shop with a Cop
- Norton food drive to help families
Calendar of Events
- Akron Symphony Holiday Pops - 12/18/2014
- Akron Pops Orchestra Holiday Concert - 12/18/2014
- Yoga in the Park - 12/18/2014
- Weekday Walkers - 12/18/2014
- “Annie” - 12/18/2014