Sustainability expert visits Green
|Photo courtesy of the city of Green|
The purpose of the presentation, which took place in City Council Chambers, was to kick off the city’s Living Green Initiative, spearheaded by the Living Green Task Force, which will be responsible for setting the priorities for sustainability issues in Green.
Wallace, a 1986 graduate of Green High School, has almost 20 years of experience advising corporations, nonprofits and government agencies in their efforts to develop and implement sustainability initiatives, according to Green officials.
Currently director of GRI’s Focal Point USA, Wallace is a recognized expert in his field and is responsible for supporting the growth and quality of sustainability reporting in the United States, according to Green officials. Wallace has given expert testimony to the European Commission, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and a range of business associations.
Task Force members shown with Wallace (shown at right, second from left in back) include, from left: (back row) Sarah Haring, Mayor Dick Norton, Cynthia Vignos, Denise Talbott and Anthony Ziehler; and (front row) Megan Weidner, Yolanda Walker and Jane Warmus.
More Community News
- Akron mayor hints at future plans
- STVM rocketry students aiming for new heights
- Council disagrees on changing felon hiring policy
- Customers may get break on sewer fees
- Akron Urban League turns 90 this year
- West Side News & Notes
- City making plans to widen South Cleveland-Massillon Road
- Falls Council approves 2015 resurfacing program
- Norton Council discussing future pump station site
- Residents hope to overturn trustees’ approval of zoning change
- Richfield officials encourage help for Project Pride Cleanup
- Richfield trustees approve revised employee handbook
- Trustees introduced to new medication dispensing program
- Bath Elementary student’s cabbage earns him scholarship
Calendar of Events
- “Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day” - 3/26/2015
- Biohealth Micro-Art Show - 3/26/2015
- Akron Pops Orchestra - 3/26/2015
- Adventurers of the Year Amy and Dave Freeman - 3/27/2015
- Alice Tan Ridley - 3/27/2015