Sustainability expert visits Green
|Photo courtesy of the city of Green|
The purpose of the presentation, which took place in City Council Chambers, was to kick off the city’s Living Green Initiative, spearheaded by the Living Green Task Force, which will be responsible for setting the priorities for sustainability issues in Green.
Wallace, a 1986 graduate of Green High School, has almost 20 years of experience advising corporations, nonprofits and government agencies in their efforts to develop and implement sustainability initiatives, according to Green officials.
Currently director of GRI’s Focal Point USA, Wallace is a recognized expert in his field and is responsible for supporting the growth and quality of sustainability reporting in the United States, according to Green officials. Wallace has given expert testimony to the European Commission, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and a range of business associations.
Task Force members shown with Wallace (shown at right, second from left in back) include, from left: (back row) Sarah Haring, Mayor Dick Norton, Cynthia Vignos, Denise Talbott and Anthony Ziehler; and (front row) Megan Weidner, Yolanda Walker and Jane Warmus.
More Community News
- Dickinson reclaiming County Council seat
- CVNP celebrates NPS centennial
- Bath road levy renewal on ballot
- Mentors help connect students to colleges, careers
- Minority business group marks first year
- West Side News & Notes
- West Side Political News & Notes
- Council, administration clash over Nash Heights pump station
- Copley trustees prep township for winter
- Richfield Council, officials bid farewell to service director
- Richfield trustees declare property a nuisance
- Trump addresses large crowd in Akron
Calendar of Events
- Jim Gill; Robin Roseberry - 8/25/2016
- Moustache Yourself - 8/25/2016
- Yoga in the Park - 8/25/2016
- Community Forum with the International Institute - 8/25/2016
- Noy Chournramany: Meditation and Alternate States of Consciousness - 8/25/2016