Falls Council considering development plans
Cuyahoga Falls Council held a brief regular meeting Nov. 12 and introduced three pieces of legislation relating to future development in the city.
Council had no pending ordinances or resolutions up for approval but referred three new ordinances to the appropriate city committees for review.
The first ordinance would approve the site plan related to the construction of a 22,000-square-foot commercial greenhouse at 1820 Akron-Peninsula Road.
According to the pending legislation, the Planning Commission approved the site plan Nov. 6 for the construction of a greenhouse for Todaro Family Limited Partnership.
The ordinance was assigned to the Planning and Zoning Committee for further consideration.
The second ordinance introduced would approve a conditional zoning certificate for the operation of a tow and impound lot at 488 E. Steels Corners Road in an E-1 Employment District.
This matter also was assigned to the Planning and Zoning Committee.
The last piece of legislation introduced to Council would amend a contract for the sale of land for a private redevelopment with Portage Crossing LLC, the company to oversee an upscale shopping and dinning facility proposed for the site of the former State Road Shopping Center.
According to city officials, the plan is being amended to allow for a movie theater to be part of the Portage Crossing development.
Giant Eagle, Menards, Panera Bread, Chipotle Mexican Grill, Pet Supplies Plus and Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt also are future tenants of the development, according to city officials.
The Finance Committee will mull the proposal and make a recommendation to Council.
Council will discuss all new legislation during committee meetings Nov. 19 at 6:30 p.m. at the Natatorium, 2345 Fourth St. Council will have its next regular meeting Nov. 26 at 6:30 p.m. at the Natatorium.
More Community News
- Akron addresses campaign finance violations
- Local communities celebrating Memorial Day
- Akron sounds to inspire symphony
- County nearing end of contract cycle
- Revere community rallies to support veterans
- West Side News & Notes
- Courts get grants for technology
- Fairlawn Council passes updates to city’s rental, housing code
- Bath trustees moving forward with information center
- Boston looking into potential funding from Ohio EPA
- Foundation helping families with cancer
- Sharon officials hold meeting at Sharon Elementary School
Calendar of Events
- Electric Pressure Cooker Open Mic - 5/22/2015
- Lil’ Sprouts - 5/22/2015
- Kathy Johnson Trio - 5/22/2015
- Ron Kalinoski on “How to Grind Your Own Telescope Mirror”: Astronomy Club of Akron - 5/22/2015
- Wanted with Rock Brigade - 5/22/2015