Falls Council considering development plans
Cuyahoga Falls Council held a brief regular meeting Nov. 12 and introduced three pieces of legislation relating to future development in the city.
Council had no pending ordinances or resolutions up for approval but referred three new ordinances to the appropriate city committees for review.
The first ordinance would approve the site plan related to the construction of a 22,000-square-foot commercial greenhouse at 1820 Akron-Peninsula Road.
According to the pending legislation, the Planning Commission approved the site plan Nov. 6 for the construction of a greenhouse for Todaro Family Limited Partnership.
The ordinance was assigned to the Planning and Zoning Committee for further consideration.
The second ordinance introduced would approve a conditional zoning certificate for the operation of a tow and impound lot at 488 E. Steels Corners Road in an E-1 Employment District.
This matter also was assigned to the Planning and Zoning Committee.
The last piece of legislation introduced to Council would amend a contract for the sale of land for a private redevelopment with Portage Crossing LLC, the company to oversee an upscale shopping and dinning facility proposed for the site of the former State Road Shopping Center.
According to city officials, the plan is being amended to allow for a movie theater to be part of the Portage Crossing development.
Giant Eagle, Menards, Panera Bread, Chipotle Mexican Grill, Pet Supplies Plus and Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt also are future tenants of the development, according to city officials.
The Finance Committee will mull the proposal and make a recommendation to Council.
Council will discuss all new legislation during committee meetings Nov. 19 at 6:30 p.m. at the Natatorium, 2345 Fourth St. Council will have its next regular meeting Nov. 26 at 6:30 p.m. at the Natatorium.
More Community News
- Council districts subject of opposing issues
- Fun in season at Ohio Mart
- Akron expanding Wallhaven business district
- Creator of Portage Path sculptures returning for lecture
- West Side News & Notes
- Veterans get helping hand
- County Council selling bonds for The Village at St. Edward
- Urban Ounce of Prevention festivities mark 25th anniversary
- Work on Route 18 nearing completion for 2015
- Sessions on retirement planned
- Akron SCORE celebrates anniversary
- Bath trustees OK payment for Heritage Corridors project
- Bath Community Fund celebrates success
- Richfield trustees support Issue 22
- Cuyahoga Falls billboards promote medical information program
Calendar of Events
- Cooking Seminar and Happy Hour - 10/8/2015
- Healthy Strides Hike and Talk - 10/8/2015
- National Depression Screening Day - 10/8/2015
- Creative Writing for Homeschoolers: ages 8 to 12 - 10/8/2015
- “Avengers: Age of Ultron” - 10/8/2015