Falls Council considering development plans
Cuyahoga Falls Council held a brief regular meeting Nov. 12 and introduced three pieces of legislation relating to future development in the city.
Council had no pending ordinances or resolutions up for approval but referred three new ordinances to the appropriate city committees for review.
The first ordinance would approve the site plan related to the construction of a 22,000-square-foot commercial greenhouse at 1820 Akron-Peninsula Road.
According to the pending legislation, the Planning Commission approved the site plan Nov. 6 for the construction of a greenhouse for Todaro Family Limited Partnership.
The ordinance was assigned to the Planning and Zoning Committee for further consideration.
The second ordinance introduced would approve a conditional zoning certificate for the operation of a tow and impound lot at 488 E. Steels Corners Road in an E-1 Employment District.
This matter also was assigned to the Planning and Zoning Committee.
The last piece of legislation introduced to Council would amend a contract for the sale of land for a private redevelopment with Portage Crossing LLC, the company to oversee an upscale shopping and dinning facility proposed for the site of the former State Road Shopping Center.
According to city officials, the plan is being amended to allow for a movie theater to be part of the Portage Crossing development.
Giant Eagle, Menards, Panera Bread, Chipotle Mexican Grill, Pet Supplies Plus and Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt also are future tenants of the development, according to city officials.
The Finance Committee will mull the proposal and make a recommendation to Council.
Council will discuss all new legislation during committee meetings Nov. 19 at 6:30 p.m. at the Natatorium, 2345 Fourth St. Council will have its next regular meeting Nov. 26 at 6:30 p.m. at the Natatorium.
More Community News
- Kayaks take plunge in Falls
- Council OKs Akron residential tax plan
- E-poll books may update voting process in county
- Inside|Out art spreads to Copley, West Akron
- Breaux promotes positive attitude on bench
- West Side News & Notes
- Love Akron Network Awards Breakfast focusing on civility
- Summit County officials train for emergencies
- Norton bans medical marijuana operations in city
- Humane Society has new Mobile Adoption Center
- Falls receives grant for preserve project
- Falls breaks ground for downtown revitalization
- City offering electronics recycling
- Falls cleanup May 1-12
- Trustees holding public hearings on fee
- Richfield approves resolutions on autism, intolerance
- Granger officials hear update on proposed conservancy district
- Kiwanis creates baskets for women’s shelter
- MCBDD suggests early detection key for autism
- Touch-A-Truck event offering close-up view
- Council hears schoolhouse recommendation
- Springfield dedicates new playground, trail
- Coventry BOE seeking fiscal emergency release
- New Franklin Council absences delay adoption of legislation
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- A New Adventure: group for widows and widowers - 4/29/2017
- In Search of Woodcocks - 4/29/2017
- World Tai Chi and Qi Gong Day - 4/29/2017
- Yoga - 4/29/2017
- Rubber City Beatlefest with Hard Days Night and Just Imagine: The Reunion Concert - 4/29/2017