Falls Council considering development plans
Cuyahoga Falls Council held a brief regular meeting Nov. 12 and introduced three pieces of legislation relating to future development in the city.
Council had no pending ordinances or resolutions up for approval but referred three new ordinances to the appropriate city committees for review.
The first ordinance would approve the site plan related to the construction of a 22,000-square-foot commercial greenhouse at 1820 Akron-Peninsula Road.
According to the pending legislation, the Planning Commission approved the site plan Nov. 6 for the construction of a greenhouse for Todaro Family Limited Partnership.
The ordinance was assigned to the Planning and Zoning Committee for further consideration.
The second ordinance introduced would approve a conditional zoning certificate for the operation of a tow and impound lot at 488 E. Steels Corners Road in an E-1 Employment District.
This matter also was assigned to the Planning and Zoning Committee.
The last piece of legislation introduced to Council would amend a contract for the sale of land for a private redevelopment with Portage Crossing LLC, the company to oversee an upscale shopping and dinning facility proposed for the site of the former State Road Shopping Center.
According to city officials, the plan is being amended to allow for a movie theater to be part of the Portage Crossing development.
Giant Eagle, Menards, Panera Bread, Chipotle Mexican Grill, Pet Supplies Plus and Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt also are future tenants of the development, according to city officials.
The Finance Committee will mull the proposal and make a recommendation to Council.
Council will discuss all new legislation during committee meetings Nov. 19 at 6:30 p.m. at the Natatorium, 2345 Fourth St. Council will have its next regular meeting Nov. 26 at 6:30 p.m. at the Natatorium.
More Community News
- Minus kitchen, shelter will feed residents
- Revere students schooled on financial literacy
- Travel expenses spur Akron City Council discussion
- Copley survey results to guide development
- West Side News & Notes
- Norton celebrates upgraded bond rating
- Four to seek vacant Norton City Council seat
- Sharon Post Office to host Passport Fair
- Council delays vote on repairs to downtown decks
- Peninsula Council honors resident
- Boston trustees discuss new speed limit law
- Council considers rezoning request on West Streetsboro Road
- Trustees OK agreement for Southern Road property
- Granger property owner addresses BZA ruling
- Police seeking help with burglaries
- Green Middle School assisting students in need
- Coventry district presents report on open enrollment
- Coventry closes door to new gaming establishments
- South Side News & Notes
- Even without kitchen, shelter will feed residents
Calendar of Events
- Verb Ballets: “Works Reimagined: Continuing the Legacy of Heinz Poll”; “Carnival of the Animals” - 2/19/2017
- Akron Baroque and Singers Companye - 2/19/2017
- Pinterest Projects: Succulents - 2/19/2017
- “Pete’s Dragon” - 2/20/2017
- Friends of the Maltz Museum’s Presidents’ Day Celebration - 2/20/2017