Summit County Children Services recognizes area foster parents
SOUTH AKRON — Summit County Children Services, SCCS) has recognized local foster parents who serve area children. Among the area foster parents receiving special recognition are:
• Retiring Foster Parents: James and Linda Schuster, of Barberton, 28 years of service; the Rev. Bernard and Joann Christy, of Mogadore, 27 years; Richard and Sandra Schafer, of Tallmadge, 19 years; Ann Marie Quinn, of Lewis Center, 17 years; Geraldine Montgomery, of Akron, 16 years; Richard and Lisa Snyder, of Canal Fulton, 16 years; Georgia Williams, of Akron, 16 years; John and Crystal Abernathy, of North Canton, 16 years; Lewis and Vanette Kreider, of Akron, 14 years; Gerald and Gay Combs, of Newton Falls, 12 years; and Curtis and Patricia Richardson, of Akron, 10 years.
• Longevity Awards:
√ 25 years of service: Regina Gladman, of Akron; Gladys Johnson, of Akron; and Rose Mary Tucker, of Akron;
√ 20 years of service: Bennie and Katie Hamilton, of Akron; the Minick Family, of Mogadore; David and Pamela Patterson, of Stow; and Donna Roberson, of Barberton;
√ 15 years of service: Richard and Carrie Brown, of Akron; Kenzie and Deloise Jenkins Jr., of Barberton; Adrian and Estrella McNeil, of Windham; Evelyn Perry, of Akron; Harley and Maureen Sanford, of Sullivan; Dennis and Janieta Tarter, of Uniontown; and Carl and Melinda Williams, of Akron;
√ 10 years of service: Betty Abrams, of Akron; LaTonya Anderson, of Akron; Keith and Grace Angel, of Mogadore; Joan Monroe, of Akron; David and Melissa Ross, of Atwater; and Andre and Melody Williams, of Akron; and
√ five years of service: William and Rekita Adams, of Akron; Todd and Kalli Alvis, of Cuyahoga Falls; Bobby and Gloria Billingsley, of Twinsburg; Denise Brandon, of Akron; Sandra and Kelli Buckner, of Uniontown; Sammie Edwards, of Akron; David and Marie Ellis, of Norton; Rebecca Fischer, of Akron; William and Brenda Gill, of Kent; Lois Gurley, of Akron; Nathan and Charece Harris, of Akron; Douglas and Carolyn Hausknecht, of Akron; David and Julie Haydu, of Akron; Mark and Tabatha Herrick, of Wadsworth; Arnold and Sheri Herring, of Uniontown; Doris Higgins, of Akron; Robert and Martha Loughney, of Mogadore; Mary Martin, of Akron; Nancy Martin and Walter Harold, of Akron; Lisa McClure, of Akron; Tonya McCraney and Robert Dowdell, of Akron; Brian and Jane Pearson, of Hartville; Garry and Vicki Prebynski, of Akron; Norman and Pauline Rice, of Macedonia; Richard and Tara Russell Jr., of Atwater; Virgil and Kimberly Simmons, of Uniontown; Christine Sabo and Edward Sunkin, of Akron; April Tucker, of Akron; Norris and Juanita Wagner, of Akron; Marion and Lisa Ward, of Akron; Daniel and Kathryn Weese, of Wadsworth; Illinois and Susan Wilson III, of Macedonia; Jennifer Wokojance, of Barberton; and Lauren Woods, of Canton.
• Foster Care Month Slogan Contest Winners: Charles and Shannon Woods, of Uniontown, whose slogan “Be the Sunshine in a Child’s Life, Become a Foster Parent” was used to celebrate local Foster Care Month activities in 2012; and Brad and Sherry Teuton, of Streetsboro, whose slogan “Foster Care: Mission Possible” will be used to celebrate local Foster Care Month activities in 2013.
To learn more about becoming a foster parent or adoptive parent, call SCCS at 330-379-1990 or visit www.summitkids.org.
More Community News
Calendar of Events
- Akron Symphony Orchestra - 8/2/2015
- Bobby Selvaggio Quartet - 8/2/2015
- Phil ‘n the Blanks - 8/2/2015
- Natural Discoveries Hiking Series: Sounds of Summer - 8/2/2015
- Colin Dussault - 8/3/2015