Hattie Larlham opens Constant Companions site
|Photo courtesy of Hattie Larlham|
Summit County Executive Russ Pry, Green Mayor Dick Norton, Summit County Community and Economic Development Director Connie Kraus and Warmus Builders President John Warmus attended the ceremony.
During the ceremony, Stephanie Michl, manager of Constant Companions, said this location is aimed at serving seniors with developmental disabilities and age-related medical conditions, allowing the organization to further expand its ability to meet the needs of people in Summit County with developmental disabilities. Hattie Larlham Constant Companions will eventually serve more than 20 people with developmental disabilities and age-related medical conditions on a daily basis, according to Constant Companions officials.
Ribbon-cutting participants are shown above.
Constant Companions is an alternative to traditional work or day programs for people with developmental disabilities, according to Constant Companions officials. To learn more about the program, including how to become a participant, contact Constant Companions Program Director Stacy Timm at 330-899-9067.
More Community News
- Akron police to assist at GOP convention
- Junior Rangers explore CVNP
- County looking at summer roadwork spending
- Celebrate national parks’ centennial at CVNP
- Deconstruction program building up community
- West Side News & Notes
- ACLU sues Akron over panhandling law
- Temporary bridge bypass opens on Towpath
- Proposed charter changes in Fairlawn continue to draw debate
- Copley trustees to appoint new fiscal officer
- Bids announced for 2016 road projects in Bath
- Boston trustees discuss policy on culvert pipe installation
- Sharon trustees address transportation concerns
Calendar of Events
- Small Footprint: Road Trip - 5/5/2016
- University of Akron Symphony Orchestra - 5/5/2016
- Mudcakes Clay Class: ages 6-8 - 5/5/2016
- “Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens” - 5/5/2016
- Homeschoolers: Backyard Pollinators: ages 7-10 - 5/6/2016