Hattie Larlham opens Constant Companions site
|Photo courtesy of Hattie Larlham|
Summit County Executive Russ Pry, Green Mayor Dick Norton, Summit County Community and Economic Development Director Connie Kraus and Warmus Builders President John Warmus attended the ceremony.
During the ceremony, Stephanie Michl, manager of Constant Companions, said this location is aimed at serving seniors with developmental disabilities and age-related medical conditions, allowing the organization to further expand its ability to meet the needs of people in Summit County with developmental disabilities. Hattie Larlham Constant Companions will eventually serve more than 20 people with developmental disabilities and age-related medical conditions on a daily basis, according to Constant Companions officials.
Ribbon-cutting participants are shown above.
Constant Companions is an alternative to traditional work or day programs for people with developmental disabilities, according to Constant Companions officials. To learn more about the program, including how to become a participant, contact Constant Companions Program Director Stacy Timm at 330-899-9067.
More Community News
- APS plans to create health career academy
- Nice day for a swim … if you’re a polar bear
- Akron Council defends hiring city residents
- County may make clean break from Norton sewers
- Lippman School celebrating 50th anniversary
- West Side News & Notes
- Faith Lutheran to dedicate new building
- Stow Clerk of Courts Advisory Council hosts inaugural meeting
- New residents celebrate first winter in Akron
- Norton Council lowers costs for sewer assessments
- Fairlawn officials working toward passing final 2015 budget
- Falls Council OKs site plans for Menards, townhome project
- Bath enters into agreement with Falls for jail services
- First Bath Community Fund meeting planned
- Richfield Village Council OKs fire/EMS contract with township
- Trustees select design-build teams for new building
- Copley trustees oppose removal of Minor Road traffic signal
- Granger officials introduced to new recycling proposal
- Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank kicks off Harvest for Hunger
- Junior League honors members
Calendar of Events
- Soundscapes: Collaging with Sound - 2/26/2015
- Ballroom Dance Lessons - 2/26/2015
- Lawrence Brownlee - 2/26/2015
- Teen Book Club: “Like No Other” by Una LaMarche - 2/26/2015
- Akron Metro Parks Hiking Club hikes - 2/26/2015