Hattie Larlham opens Constant Companions site
|Photo courtesy of Hattie Larlham|
Summit County Executive Russ Pry, Green Mayor Dick Norton, Summit County Community and Economic Development Director Connie Kraus and Warmus Builders President John Warmus attended the ceremony.
During the ceremony, Stephanie Michl, manager of Constant Companions, said this location is aimed at serving seniors with developmental disabilities and age-related medical conditions, allowing the organization to further expand its ability to meet the needs of people in Summit County with developmental disabilities. Hattie Larlham Constant Companions will eventually serve more than 20 people with developmental disabilities and age-related medical conditions on a daily basis, according to Constant Companions officials.
Ribbon-cutting participants are shown above.
Constant Companions is an alternative to traditional work or day programs for people with developmental disabilities, according to Constant Companions officials. To learn more about the program, including how to become a participant, contact Constant Companions Program Director Stacy Timm at 330-899-9067.
More Community News
- First major Akron CSO project underway
- Culture celebrated at Global Village Festival
- Some Council members awaiting CSO update
- Community Health Center celebrating 40 years
- St. Sebastian Parish School marking 85th anniversary
- County’s Personnel Committee ironing out employee benefits
- Bath purchasing larger recycling carts
- Boston trustees discuss Halloween activities
- Sharon trustees learn of successful charity garage sale
- Library celebrates milestones with party
- River cleanup volunteers needed
- West Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Highland Book Club: “Wonder” by R.J. Palacio - 9/18/2014
- Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation Support Group - 9/18/2014
- “The Lady Eve” - 9/18/2014
- Are You Ready for Social Security? - 9/18/2014
- The Help - 9/19/2014