Hattie Larlham opens Constant Companions site
|Photo courtesy of Hattie Larlham|
Summit County Executive Russ Pry, Green Mayor Dick Norton, Summit County Community and Economic Development Director Connie Kraus and Warmus Builders President John Warmus attended the ceremony.
During the ceremony, Stephanie Michl, manager of Constant Companions, said this location is aimed at serving seniors with developmental disabilities and age-related medical conditions, allowing the organization to further expand its ability to meet the needs of people in Summit County with developmental disabilities. Hattie Larlham Constant Companions will eventually serve more than 20 people with developmental disabilities and age-related medical conditions on a daily basis, according to Constant Companions officials.
Ribbon-cutting participants are shown above.
Constant Companions is an alternative to traditional work or day programs for people with developmental disabilities, according to Constant Companions officials. To learn more about the program, including how to become a participant, contact Constant Companions Program Director Stacy Timm at 330-899-9067.
More Community News
- Akron seeking help with ‘sensitive’ incidents
- King CLC opens to public
- Fire in Richfield destroys building, equipment
- Breaking Addiction Act gets partial support from Council
- APS focusing on digital needs, offerings
- Norton OKs fire truck purchase
- County ordinance may pave way for Copley flood relief
- Richfield trustees discuss recovery from recent fire
- Richfield Village assisting township with aid after fire
- Community input requested on land conservancy proposal
- Search for missing woman continues in CVNP
- West Side News & Notes
- Sheriff’s Office talks policing contract, sales tax with Coventry
- Community ‘quilt’ sculpture unveiled at art-A-palooza
- Green Council denies zoning for apartment complex
- New Franklin Council OKs lawsuit settlement
- County Council gives partial support to Breaking Addiction Act
- Spring Hill gets new playground
- ACF, city join to award grants for local neighborhoods
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- “The Boiling Point” - 9/2/2014
- Akron Symphony Chorus - 9/2/2014
- Wilco with special guest Bahamas - 9/4/2014
- Full Moon Labyrinth Walk Workshop: The Harvest Moon: “Sing, Dance and Celebrate” - 9/7/2014
- Open House - 9/7/2014