Hattie Larlham opens Constant Companions site
|Photo courtesy of Hattie Larlham|
Summit County Executive Russ Pry, Green Mayor Dick Norton, Summit County Community and Economic Development Director Connie Kraus and Warmus Builders President John Warmus attended the ceremony.
During the ceremony, Stephanie Michl, manager of Constant Companions, said this location is aimed at serving seniors with developmental disabilities and age-related medical conditions, allowing the organization to further expand its ability to meet the needs of people in Summit County with developmental disabilities. Hattie Larlham Constant Companions will eventually serve more than 20 people with developmental disabilities and age-related medical conditions on a daily basis, according to Constant Companions officials.
Ribbon-cutting participants are shown above.
Constant Companions is an alternative to traditional work or day programs for people with developmental disabilities, according to Constant Companions officials. To learn more about the program, including how to become a participant, contact Constant Companions Program Director Stacy Timm at 330-899-9067.
More Community News
- Akron welcoming NBA star ‘back home’
- Old-fashioned carnival celebrates SCHS anniversary
- Woodridge bids farewell to board member
- APS board accepts donation from foundation
- Kids Month celebrated in August
- Boston trustees discuss issues with road project
- Sharon officials provide update on smell
- Falls drafts deal for development of Menards
- Norton working on flood control on Newpark Drive
- Granger Fire personnel sworn in
- Fairlawn officials investigating nightly room rentals in residences
- West Side News & Notes
- Springfield superintendent retiring
- Road resurfacing behind schedule in Coventry
- Pine Lake residents object to new Lauer Park entrance
Calendar of Events
- A New Beginning - 7/23/2014
- 24th Annual AoRC Juried Show - 7/23/2014
- Music in the Meadow: Mo’ Mojo - 7/23/2014
- Mosaic Picture Frame for grades 5-12 - 7/24/2014
- Taste of Akron - 7/24/2014