Hattie Larlham opens Constant Companions site
|Photo courtesy of Hattie Larlham|
Summit County Executive Russ Pry, Green Mayor Dick Norton, Summit County Community and Economic Development Director Connie Kraus and Warmus Builders President John Warmus attended the ceremony.
During the ceremony, Stephanie Michl, manager of Constant Companions, said this location is aimed at serving seniors with developmental disabilities and age-related medical conditions, allowing the organization to further expand its ability to meet the needs of people in Summit County with developmental disabilities. Hattie Larlham Constant Companions will eventually serve more than 20 people with developmental disabilities and age-related medical conditions on a daily basis, according to Constant Companions officials.
Ribbon-cutting participants are shown above.
Constant Companions is an alternative to traditional work or day programs for people with developmental disabilities, according to Constant Companions officials. To learn more about the program, including how to become a participant, contact Constant Companions Program Director Stacy Timm at 330-899-9067.
More Community News
- Wallhaven retail development on track
- Soap Box Derby champs get grand welcome
- County Council opposes proposal for redistricting
- Bath preparing for Community Day
- Copley Heritage Day celebration Aug. 1
- West Side News & Notes
- GAR Foundation awards grants
- Bath trustees approve police replacement levy for ballot
- Copley seeking single-hauler trash bids
- Blood donation sites
- Sharon trustees finalize fire levy plans
- Richfield trustees OK funds for building project
- Chief Saley resigns from Lakemore Fire
- New Franklin updating capital needs
- Coventry school board selects new district treasurer
- County Council opposes redistricting proposal
- Akron to present revised sewer plan to U.S. EPA
- City of Akron testing algae monitoring device
Calendar of Events
- Plein Air Exhibition - 7/30/2015
- “Jupiter Ascending” - 7/30/2015
- Akron Pops Orchestra - 7/30/2015
- Mostly Blues Band with Peggy Coyle - 7/30/2015
- “Hairspray” - 7/31/2015