Menorah lights burn brightly
|Photos: Scott Horstman|
Rabbi Mendy Sasonkin, of Revere Road Synagogue, is shown at right bottom, at left, with Rabbi Bob Feinberg, of West Akron’s Temple Israel, as they light the third candle of a menorah to mark the third night of Hanukkah.
Sasonkin is pictured again at right top as he leads the crowd in song.
The menorah is pictured at left as singers from The Lippman School in West Akron sing with Dreidel Man in the background.
This year, for the third time, the event served as a way to support the Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank through the donation of canned goods, some of which were used to create a can menorah. Sarah Greenblatt, the director of the Hebrew program at The Lippman School, is pictured at right middle as she lights the can menorah.
Hanukkah began at sundown Dec. 8 and concludes Dec. 16.
More Community News
- Akron welcoming NBA star ‘back home’
- Old-fashioned carnival celebrates SCHS anniversary
- Woodridge bids farewell to board member
- APS board accepts donation from foundation
- Kids Month celebrated in August
- Boston trustees discuss issues with road project
- Sharon officials provide update on smell
- Falls drafts deal for development of Menards
- Norton working on flood control on Newpark Drive
- Granger Fire personnel sworn in
- Fairlawn officials investigating nightly room rentals in residences
- West Side News & Notes
- Springfield superintendent retiring
- Road resurfacing behind schedule in Coventry
- Pine Lake residents object to new Lauer Park entrance
Calendar of Events
- Mosaic Picture Frame for grades 5-12 - 7/24/2014
- Taste of Akron - 7/24/2014
- “Complaints of a Dutiful Daughter:” - 7/24/2014
- GriefCare Place - 7/24/2014
- Storytime: Lapsit - 7/24/2014