Menorah lights burn brightly
|Photos: Scott Horstman|
Rabbi Mendy Sasonkin, of Revere Road Synagogue, is shown at right bottom, at left, with Rabbi Bob Feinberg, of West Akron’s Temple Israel, as they light the third candle of a menorah to mark the third night of Hanukkah.
Sasonkin is pictured again at right top as he leads the crowd in song.
The menorah is pictured at left as singers from The Lippman School in West Akron sing with Dreidel Man in the background.
This year, for the third time, the event served as a way to support the Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank through the donation of canned goods, some of which were used to create a can menorah. Sarah Greenblatt, the director of the Hebrew program at The Lippman School, is pictured at right middle as she lights the can menorah.
Hanukkah began at sundown Dec. 8 and concludes Dec. 16.
More Community News
- Health district moving to West Akron
- Runners get in Halloween spirit
- Granger voters to see road, fire levies on ballot
- Fire levy on ballot in Sharon
- West Akron man volunteering in Ghana
- Falls implementing civil dispute program
- Boston to receive funds from NPS
- Richfield mayor discusses village’s investments
- Granger trustees continue to review conservation easement
- Stow Court modernizing, shares info with Richfield Chamber
- OFSC presents funds to burn unit
- West Side News & Notes
- Lakemore asking voters to renew fire levy
- Acme celebrates opening
- Coventry trustees asking voters to support Issue 53
- Residents oppose proposed gas line through Green
- Springfield helping with Canton Road corridor work
- Health district readies for new home
- Green Fire named STEMI Award winner
- Green employee receives Patriot Award
- Students share green thumb efforts
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- “Godzilla” - 10/23/2014
- Campfire: Northern Cheyenne Indians - 10/23/2014
- GriefCare Place - 10/23/2014
- The Tubes - 10/24/2014
- Tales for Tots - 10/24/2014