Menorah lights burn brightly
|Photos: Scott Horstman|
Rabbi Mendy Sasonkin, of Revere Road Synagogue, is shown at right bottom, at left, with Rabbi Bob Feinberg, of West Akron’s Temple Israel, as they light the third candle of a menorah to mark the third night of Hanukkah.
Sasonkin is pictured again at right top as he leads the crowd in song.
The menorah is pictured at left as singers from The Lippman School in West Akron sing with Dreidel Man in the background.
This year, for the third time, the event served as a way to support the Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank through the donation of canned goods, some of which were used to create a can menorah. Sarah Greenblatt, the director of the Hebrew program at The Lippman School, is pictured at right middle as she lights the can menorah.
Hanukkah began at sundown Dec. 8 and concludes Dec. 16.
More Community News
- City reports sewer savings after plan altered
- Tour offers peek into Copley landmark
- Akron tree ordinance sprouting changes
- Norton district returns to ballot for operating funds
- All welcome at GASP luncheon
- West Side News & Notes
- County Council OKs first set of employee contracts
- Council approves pump station location change
- Norton citizens mount referendum campaign on sewer transfer
- Council OKs Woodridge, Portage Crossing construction plans
- Copley trustees increase cemetery capacity with columbarium
- Richfield officials honor garden club for 80 years of service
- Trustees hear update on recycling program
Calendar of Events
- Yoga - 9/29/2016
- Rock-a-Bye Tales: 6 to 24 months - 9/29/2016
- Watercolor Screen Printing - 9/29/2016
- Tales Alive: ages 2-5 - 9/29/2016
- Travelin’ Johnsons - 9/29/2016