Menorah lights burn brightly
|Photos: Scott Horstman|
Rabbi Mendy Sasonkin, of Revere Road Synagogue, is shown at right bottom, at left, with Rabbi Bob Feinberg, of West Akron’s Temple Israel, as they light the third candle of a menorah to mark the third night of Hanukkah.
Sasonkin is pictured again at right top as he leads the crowd in song.
The menorah is pictured at left as singers from The Lippman School in West Akron sing with Dreidel Man in the background.
This year, for the third time, the event served as a way to support the Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank through the donation of canned goods, some of which were used to create a can menorah. Sarah Greenblatt, the director of the Hebrew program at The Lippman School, is pictured at right middle as she lights the can menorah.
Hanukkah began at sundown Dec. 8 and concludes Dec. 16.
More Community News
- Wallhaven retail development on track
- Soap Box Derby champs get grand welcome
- County Council opposes proposal for redistricting
- Bath preparing for Community Day
- Copley Heritage Day celebration Aug. 1
- West Side News & Notes
- GAR Foundation awards grants
- Bath trustees approve police replacement levy for ballot
- Copley seeking single-hauler trash bids
- Blood donation sites
- Sharon trustees finalize fire levy plans
- Richfield trustees OK funds for building project
- Chief Saley resigns from Lakemore Fire
- New Franklin updating capital needs
- Coventry school board selects new district treasurer
- County Council opposes redistricting proposal
- Akron to present revised sewer plan to U.S. EPA
- City of Akron testing algae monitoring device
Calendar of Events
- GriefCare Place - 7/29/2015
- Pond Exploration for Kids - 7/29/2015
- Wanda Hunt Band - 7/29/2015
- Retirement Workshop - 7/29/2015
- Family Programming - 7/29/2015