Menorah lights burn brightly
|Photos: Scott Horstman|
Rabbi Mendy Sasonkin, of Revere Road Synagogue, is shown at right bottom, at left, with Rabbi Bob Feinberg, of West Akron’s Temple Israel, as they light the third candle of a menorah to mark the third night of Hanukkah.
Sasonkin is pictured again at right top as he leads the crowd in song.
The menorah is pictured at left as singers from The Lippman School in West Akron sing with Dreidel Man in the background.
This year, for the third time, the event served as a way to support the Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank through the donation of canned goods, some of which were used to create a can menorah. Sarah Greenblatt, the director of the Hebrew program at The Lippman School, is pictured at right middle as she lights the can menorah.
Hanukkah began at sundown Dec. 8 and concludes Dec. 16.
More Community News
- Akron addresses campaign finance violations
- Local communities celebrating Memorial Day
- Akron sounds to inspire symphony
- County nearing end of contract cycle
- Revere community rallies to support veterans
- West Side News & Notes
- Courts get grants for technology
- Fairlawn Council passes updates to city’s rental, housing code
- Bath trustees moving forward with information center
- Boston looking into potential funding from Ohio EPA
- Foundation helping families with cancer
- Sharon officials hold meeting at Sharon Elementary School
Calendar of Events
- Electric Pressure Cooker Open Mic - 5/22/2015
- Lil’ Sprouts - 5/22/2015
- Kathy Johnson Trio - 5/22/2015
- Ron Kalinoski on “How to Grind Your Own Telescope Mirror”: Astronomy Club of Akron - 5/22/2015
- Wanted with Rock Brigade - 5/22/2015