Granger trustees address routine business during brief meeting
At the Dec. 10 Granger Township Board of Trustees meeting, which lasted only 15 minutes, trustees:
• approved the meeting minutes for Nov. 12 and 27, approved all supplemental appropriations and agreed to pay bills as presented;
• received a $4,222 check reimbursement from the Medina County Public Works Commission due to the fact several of its projects, including the Stony Hill culvert, came in under budget, according to Fiscal Officer Barbara Beach. Beach also said there is a two-year bond on the Stony Hill culvert and there will be a walk through in the spring unless the commission is contacted before then; and
• agreed to appoint trustees Teri Berry and John Ginley, along with Fire Lt. Bob Smith, to the Volunteer Fire Fighters Dependence Fund (VFFDF) Board for 2013. Berry was then elected chair of the board.
Trustees also heard the following reports and announcements:
√ The Medina County Auditor’s Office announced the applications for agricultural district renewals and new farm ownership are due March 4. In addition, dog license tags are now on sale at the Auditor’s Office for $12 until 2013, when the price doubles to $24. Finally, the Auditor’s office also announced this is the last week for residents who turned 65 in 2012 to apply for Homestead Exemption in order for it to apply to their January and February bills. For more information, visit medinacountyau ditor.org.
√ Service Department Director Mark Novak announced the department plans to get new automatic door openers on the garages once the fire department is no longer temporarily using its facility to store fire engines and EMS vehicles during installation of new flooring at the fire station.
√ According to Sexton Rita Feess, there were four full burials and two foundation approvals in November.
√ Zoning Inspector Annie George said in November she issued permits for three new homes, a barn, a lot split and a deck. She also said she received complaints regarding a trash pile on Medina Line Road and plans to follow up with the homeowners.
√ Fire Chief Jim Paulett reported that in November the Granger Fire Department conducted 29 fire inspections, 11 re-inspections and one site survey for a resident. He also noted Fire Marshal Charles McCown was a guest reader for the children at Granger Elementary School. Paulett also said the fire department installed several hand sanitizer units, are in the process of installing new nonskid flooring and are beginning to update the training room at the fire station.
Paulett also commended the Medina County Sheriff’s Office for its timely arrival to an emergency Dec. 8.
√ Beach announced the Granger administrative offices will be closed Dec. 24 and 25, as well as Dec. 31 and Jan. 1.
√ Beach also said she received an interesting memo from the Medina County Auditor’s Office indicating $63 million of residential new construction will be added to the tax roll next year, while commercial and industrial valuations will decline.
The next regular Granger Township Board of Trustees meeting will take place Dec. 28 at 4 p.m. at the Administration Building, 3717 Ridge Road.
More Community News
- APS superintendent touts academy concept
- Polar Bear Jumpers take plunge for good
- Gas pump stickers protect against ‘skimming’
- Staying safe when selling online
- State Sen. Sykes focused on local needs
- West Side News & Notes
- Fairlawn going out for bid on concrete slab program
- Bath trustees expecting faster internet
- Trustees OK conditional use of barns as event centers
- Court honors Cacioppo, Davis
- Wadsworth judge presents Sharon trustees with yearly report
- Akron-Canton Foodbank welcomes new board members
- New Franklin reviewing health care plan
- Polar Bear Jumpers take plunge for good
- Lakemore eyeing park area for dogs at Waterworks
- Commission hears open enrollment report
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Films by Jerome Hiler and Gov Hai - 2/25/2017
- Norton Kiwanis Chili Cook Off - 2/25/2017
- New Directions - 2/25/2017
- Cooking With Lemons - 2/25/2017
- Air Plant Wreath Workshop with Mimosas; Terrarium and Succulent Bowl Workshop with Wine - 2/25/2017