Peninsula Village Council fails to meet quorum; meeting rescheduled
PENINSULA — Only three of six Peninsula Village Council members were present for the Dec. 10 regular meeting, forcing Council to reschedule for lack of a quorum.
Council members Charlie Moyer, Dee Holody and Dan Schneider, who were present, elected to reschedule the meeting for today, Dec. 13, at 7 p.m. in an effort to get enough Council members to act on pending matters, including payment of bills and authorization of a grant application. The meeting will take place in the second-floor Council room of Peninsula Village Hall, at the corner of state Route 303 and Akron-Peninsula Road.
The lack of a quorum also forced rescheduling of a public hearing on amendments to the zoning code concerning fences. Fiscal Officer John Stiegel said the public hearing would have to be advertised again and could not be rescheduled in fewer than 30 days. Several citizens were present for the public hearing, which was to have begun at 6:45 p.m. The amendments would limit fence height to four feet in the front of properties in the R-1 and R-2 (Residential) districts and add a clause regarding allowable fencing materials.
Mayor Doug Mayer honored Judy Lahoski with the 2012 Peninsula Village Lifetime Achievement Award. Lahoski was presented with a framed copy of a village resolution awarding her the honor.
More Community News
- Akron welcoming NBA star ‘back home’
- Old-fashioned carnival celebrates SCHS anniversary
- Woodridge bids farewell to board member
- APS board accepts donation from foundation
- Kids Month celebrated in August
- Boston trustees discuss issues with road project
- Sharon officials provide update on smell
- Falls drafts deal for development of Menards
- Norton working on flood control on Newpark Drive
- Granger Fire personnel sworn in
- Fairlawn officials investigating nightly room rentals in residences
- West Side News & Notes
- Springfield superintendent retiring
- Road resurfacing behind schedule in Coventry
- Pine Lake residents object to new Lauer Park entrance
Calendar of Events
- A New Beginning - 7/23/2014
- 24th Annual AoRC Juried Show - 7/23/2014
- Music in the Meadow: Mo’ Mojo - 7/23/2014
- Mosaic Picture Frame for grades 5-12 - 7/24/2014
- Taste of Akron - 7/24/2014