Peninsula Village Council fails to meet quorum; meeting rescheduled
PENINSULA — Only three of six Peninsula Village Council members were present for the Dec. 10 regular meeting, forcing Council to reschedule for lack of a quorum.
Council members Charlie Moyer, Dee Holody and Dan Schneider, who were present, elected to reschedule the meeting for today, Dec. 13, at 7 p.m. in an effort to get enough Council members to act on pending matters, including payment of bills and authorization of a grant application. The meeting will take place in the second-floor Council room of Peninsula Village Hall, at the corner of state Route 303 and Akron-Peninsula Road.
The lack of a quorum also forced rescheduling of a public hearing on amendments to the zoning code concerning fences. Fiscal Officer John Stiegel said the public hearing would have to be advertised again and could not be rescheduled in fewer than 30 days. Several citizens were present for the public hearing, which was to have begun at 6:45 p.m. The amendments would limit fence height to four feet in the front of properties in the R-1 and R-2 (Residential) districts and add a clause regarding allowable fencing materials.
Mayor Doug Mayer honored Judy Lahoski with the 2012 Peninsula Village Lifetime Achievement Award. Lahoski was presented with a framed copy of a village resolution awarding her the honor.
More Community News
- Moneypenny ready to take mayor’s seat
- Copley celebrates Memorial Day
- Founders’ Day will mark AA’s 80th year
- Shy shares credit for park district successes
- West Side News & Notes
- Copley asks Ohio Supreme Court to hear Rothrock appeal
- Historic designation sought for Keyser property
- Copley trustees approve building replacement
- Richfield police chief warns residents about burglars
- Richfield trustees discuss Crowell Hilaka property use
- Council reviews rebids for Central Park
- Green celebrates Memorial Day
- New Franklin sinks idea for Tudor House dock
- Green assistant fire chief retiring
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- A New Adventure - 5/30/2015
- Yoga for Kids: ages 6-10 - 5/30/2015
- Archery Games for Kids: ages 9-12 - 5/30/2015
- Warm and Hot in Peninsula - 5/30/2015
- Doo Wop Legends in Concert - 5/30/2015