Peninsula Village Council fails to meet quorum; meeting rescheduled
PENINSULA — Only three of six Peninsula Village Council members were present for the Dec. 10 regular meeting, forcing Council to reschedule for lack of a quorum.
Council members Charlie Moyer, Dee Holody and Dan Schneider, who were present, elected to reschedule the meeting for today, Dec. 13, at 7 p.m. in an effort to get enough Council members to act on pending matters, including payment of bills and authorization of a grant application. The meeting will take place in the second-floor Council room of Peninsula Village Hall, at the corner of state Route 303 and Akron-Peninsula Road.
The lack of a quorum also forced rescheduling of a public hearing on amendments to the zoning code concerning fences. Fiscal Officer John Stiegel said the public hearing would have to be advertised again and could not be rescheduled in fewer than 30 days. Several citizens were present for the public hearing, which was to have begun at 6:45 p.m. The amendments would limit fence height to four feet in the front of properties in the R-1 and R-2 (Residential) districts and add a clause regarding allowable fencing materials.
Mayor Doug Mayer honored Judy Lahoski with the 2012 Peninsula Village Lifetime Achievement Award. Lahoski was presented with a framed copy of a village resolution awarding her the honor.
More Community News
- Akron Council taps Forney for at-large seat
- Fairlawn fireworks brighten skies
- Artistry displayed as Stan Hywet wall rebuilt
- Faith Lutheran welcoming St. John/St. Paul to its congregation
- West Hill wall gets artistic touch
- West Side News & Notes
- West Side Political News & Notes
- Norton officers run for Special Olympics
- Juvenile Court’s Detention Center receives accreditation
- Bath trustees approve 2016 budget
- Boston officials considering police levy for November ballot
- Richfield trustees give construction go-ahead
- Sharon residents express concerns about flooding
- SCCS’ Citizens Advisory Committee hosts awards event
Calendar of Events
- Show and Tell Me a Story: for ages 1-3 - 7/2/2015
- Mudpies Clay Class: for parents and children ages 3-5 - 7/2/2015
- Stroller Hike: parents and children up to age 7 - 7/2/2015
- “Yankee Doodle Dandy” - 7/2/2015
- Amazing Circles - 7/2/2015