Peninsula Village Council fails to meet quorum; meeting rescheduled
PENINSULA — Only three of six Peninsula Village Council members were present for the Dec. 10 regular meeting, forcing Council to reschedule for lack of a quorum.
Council members Charlie Moyer, Dee Holody and Dan Schneider, who were present, elected to reschedule the meeting for today, Dec. 13, at 7 p.m. in an effort to get enough Council members to act on pending matters, including payment of bills and authorization of a grant application. The meeting will take place in the second-floor Council room of Peninsula Village Hall, at the corner of state Route 303 and Akron-Peninsula Road.
The lack of a quorum also forced rescheduling of a public hearing on amendments to the zoning code concerning fences. Fiscal Officer John Stiegel said the public hearing would have to be advertised again and could not be rescheduled in fewer than 30 days. Several citizens were present for the public hearing, which was to have begun at 6:45 p.m. The amendments would limit fence height to four feet in the front of properties in the R-1 and R-2 (Residential) districts and add a clause regarding allowable fencing materials.
Mayor Doug Mayer honored Judy Lahoski with the 2012 Peninsula Village Lifetime Achievement Award. Lahoski was presented with a framed copy of a village resolution awarding her the honor.
More Community News
- State Route 18 projects to begin in summer
- Copley’s Winterfest puts fun on ice
- APS exploring funds for waiting building projects
- Richfield Council delays water tower vote
- West Side News & Notes
- County Council committee chairs questioned
- Akron City Council evaluates capital budget
- Fairlawn mayor calls city’s financial condition ‘sound’
- Norton looking to sink sewer costs
- Falls Council reappoints member to library board
- Bath trustees approve sale of fire department vehicle
- Peninsula Council on third try makes quorum for meeting
- Copley exploring contract with single trash hauler
- Richfield trustees approve fire/EMS contract
- Granger trustees hear presentation on fire prevention
Calendar of Events
- Balsamic Vinegar of Modena: A Fruity Tasting Experience - 1/29/2015
- Akron Metro Parks Hiking Club hikes - 1/29/2015
- Baby Time: for ages 6-24 months - 1/29/2015
- Adults Beginning Drawing - 1/29/2015
- Ballroom Dance Lessons - 1/29/2015