Revelers warm up to First Night
|Photos: Dale Dong|
Other activities included Chinese paper crafting, which Anna Leonard and her mother, Marijane Leonard, of North Canton, enjoyed with instructor Kang Li, as shown at right bottom.
Families enjoyed the first countdown of the evening at 9 p.m., then celebrated with fireworks, as shown at left. An additional fireworks display marked the official start of 2013 at midnight.
This was the 17th year for Akron’s family-friendly, alcohol-free celebration of the arts and culture on New Year’s Eve.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Community News
Calendar of Events
- Akron Symphony Orchestra - 8/2/2015
- Bobby Selvaggio Quartet - 8/2/2015
- Phil ‘n the Blanks - 8/2/2015
- Natural Discoveries Hiking Series: Sounds of Summer - 8/2/2015
- Colin Dussault - 8/3/2015