Revelers warm up to First Night
|Photos: Dale Dong|
Other activities included Chinese paper crafting, which Anna Leonard and her mother, Marijane Leonard, of North Canton, enjoyed with instructor Kang Li, as shown at right bottom.
Families enjoyed the first countdown of the evening at 9 p.m., then celebrated with fireworks, as shown at left. An additional fireworks display marked the official start of 2013 at midnight.
This was the 17th year for Akron’s family-friendly, alcohol-free celebration of the arts and culture on New Year’s Eve.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Community News
- Akron Council OKs Rockynol project permit
- Croghan Park rededicated
- Focus on speeding, other issues at Akron Caucus
- Bath Community Day is Aug. 2
- Summit, Medina fairs celebrate traditions
- Richfield fire chief commended for saving life
- Richfield trustees discuss mowing complaint
- Copley pet groomer reunites potbellied pig, owner
- West Side News & Notes
- West Side Education News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Summertime Card Party - 7/25/2014
- Voices in the Valley: Jim Gill - 7/25/2014
- Wine Tasting and Silent Auction - 7/25/2014
- Tony Rio - 7/25/2014
- A New Adventure - 7/26/2014