Revelers warm up to First Night
|Photos: Dale Dong|
Other activities included Chinese paper crafting, which Anna Leonard and her mother, Marijane Leonard, of North Canton, enjoyed with instructor Kang Li, as shown at right bottom.
Families enjoyed the first countdown of the evening at 9 p.m., then celebrated with fireworks, as shown at left. An additional fireworks display marked the official start of 2013 at midnight.
This was the 17th year for Akron’s family-friendly, alcohol-free celebration of the arts and culture on New Year’s Eve.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Community News
- Moneypenny ready to take mayor’s seat
- Copley celebrates Memorial Day
- Founders’ Day will mark AA’s 80th year
- Shy shares credit for park district successes
- West Side News & Notes
- Copley asks Ohio Supreme Court to hear Rothrock appeal
- Historic designation sought for Keyser property
- Copley trustees approve building replacement
- Richfield police chief warns residents about burglars
- Richfield trustees discuss Crowell Hilaka property use
Calendar of Events
- “Dumb and Dumber To” - 5/28/2015
- Gordon Lightfoot - 5/28/2015
- Hearing Loss Support Group - 5/28/2015
- Computer Keyboard Basics, eLearning the Easy Way & Excel Basics - 5/28/2015
- Women’s Art League of Akron Member Show - 5/28/2015