Skaters on move in Akron
|Photos: Scott Horstman|
A Zamboni break provided time for a little snuggling for West Akron resident Kate Bame and daughters Emily, 9, and Annie, 7, shown at right bottom.
The rink will be open through Jan. 27 at the park, 200 S. Main St. Ice skating at the rink is free, with skate rental available for $3. The rink is attended Thursdays from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., Fridays and Saturdays from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. and Sundays from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. The rink also will be open Jan. 21, Martin Luther King Day, from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. For more information, call 330-375-2311.
Skating also is available at the rink at Falls River Square in Cuyahoga Falls through Feb. 18. Skates are available for rent. For more information, go to www.cityofcf.com.
When weather permits, skaters also can enjoy taking to the ice in Metro Parks, Serving Summit County spots such as Big Bend in Sand Run Metro Park. For more details, call the seasonal information line at 330-865-8060.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Community News
- Akron mayor hints at future plans
- STVM rocketry students aiming for new heights
- Council disagrees on changing felon hiring policy
- Customers may get break on sewer fees
- Akron Urban League turns 90 this year
- West Side News & Notes
- City making plans to widen South Cleveland-Massillon Road
- Falls Council approves 2015 resurfacing program
- Norton Council discussing future pump station site
- Residents hope to overturn trustees’ approval of zoning change
- Richfield officials encourage help for Project Pride Cleanup
- Richfield trustees approve revised employee handbook
- Trustees introduced to new medication dispensing program
- Bath Elementary student’s cabbage earns him scholarship
Calendar of Events
- “Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day” - 3/26/2015
- Biohealth Micro-Art Show - 3/26/2015
- Akron Pops Orchestra - 3/26/2015
- Adventurers of the Year Amy and Dave Freeman - 3/27/2015
- Alice Tan Ridley - 3/27/2015