Skaters on move in Akron
|Photos: Scott Horstman|
A Zamboni break provided time for a little snuggling for West Akron resident Kate Bame and daughters Emily, 9, and Annie, 7, shown at right bottom.
The rink will be open through Jan. 27 at the park, 200 S. Main St. Ice skating at the rink is free, with skate rental available for $3. The rink is attended Thursdays from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., Fridays and Saturdays from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. and Sundays from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. The rink also will be open Jan. 21, Martin Luther King Day, from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. For more information, call 330-375-2311.
Skating also is available at the rink at Falls River Square in Cuyahoga Falls through Feb. 18. Skates are available for rent. For more information, go to www.cityofcf.com.
When weather permits, skaters also can enjoy taking to the ice in Metro Parks, Serving Summit County spots such as Big Bend in Sand Run Metro Park. For more details, call the seasonal information line at 330-865-8060.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Community News
- City plans Rolling Acres demolition
- Hardesty Park event attracts art fans
- Area shines bright during RNC week
- Copley Heritage Days featuring food, music, fun
- Copley students focus on helping North Korean refugees
- West Side News & Notes
- Falls’ leadership responds to police station incident
- Richfield police thankful for support from residents
- Richfield trustees discuss noxious weed enforcement
- Copley trustees weigh police, fire station plans
- Granger fire chief updates trustees on department issues
Calendar of Events
- Downtown @ Dusk: Moustache Yourself - 7/28/2016
- Ryan Humbert - 7/28/2016
- Small Footprint: Upcycling - 7/28/2016
- Drop-In Nature Crafts - 7/28/2016
- “Kung Fu Panda 3” - 7/28/2016