Skaters on move in Akron
|Photos: Scott Horstman|
A Zamboni break provided time for a little snuggling for West Akron resident Kate Bame and daughters Emily, 9, and Annie, 7, shown at right bottom.
The rink will be open through Jan. 27 at the park, 200 S. Main St. Ice skating at the rink is free, with skate rental available for $3. The rink is attended Thursdays from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., Fridays and Saturdays from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. and Sundays from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. The rink also will be open Jan. 21, Martin Luther King Day, from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. For more information, call 330-375-2311.
Skating also is available at the rink at Falls River Square in Cuyahoga Falls through Feb. 18. Skates are available for rent. For more information, go to www.cityofcf.com.
When weather permits, skaters also can enjoy taking to the ice in Metro Parks, Serving Summit County spots such as Big Bend in Sand Run Metro Park. For more details, call the seasonal information line at 330-865-8060.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Community News
- Sewer bill relief options debated
- Firestone alums get last, first looks at schools
- Council learns of drug treatment options
- Plusquellic steps back into spotlight
- Copley-Fairlawn D.A.R.E. impact shows in essays
- West Side News & Notes
- Falls Council honors Acme with street naming award
- Trustees hear updated plan for Cuyahoga Falls-Boston JEDD area
- Norton Council discusses proposed donation of cemetery
- Falls mayor to unveil new city logo
- Richfield trustees proceed with road levy
- Granger trustees discuss zoning issues
- Food sensitivities explored
- Norton Kiwanis welcomes member, presents check
- Norton officials participate in Special Olympics Torch Run
Calendar of Events
- Fossils For Kids - 6/30/2016
- Robin Roseberry - 6/30/2016
- Art by Portage Path CLC Students - 6/30/2016
- Members’ Show - 6/30/2016
- Cuyahoga Falls Community Band - 6/30/2016