Skaters on move in Akron
|Photos: Scott Horstman|
A Zamboni break provided time for a little snuggling for West Akron resident Kate Bame and daughters Emily, 9, and Annie, 7, shown at right bottom.
The rink will be open through Jan. 27 at the park, 200 S. Main St. Ice skating at the rink is free, with skate rental available for $3. The rink is attended Thursdays from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., Fridays and Saturdays from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. and Sundays from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. The rink also will be open Jan. 21, Martin Luther King Day, from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. For more information, call 330-375-2311.
Skating also is available at the rink at Falls River Square in Cuyahoga Falls through Feb. 18. Skates are available for rent. For more information, go to www.cityofcf.com.
When weather permits, skaters also can enjoy taking to the ice in Metro Parks, Serving Summit County spots such as Big Bend in Sand Run Metro Park. For more details, call the seasonal information line at 330-865-8060.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Community News
- RNC delegates expected to stay in area
- New Firestone/Litchfield CLC nearing completion
- Akron Council hears juvenile court program info
- County Council gets health report from SCPH
- West Side News & Notes
- Towpath bridge investigation continues
- Falls Council honors student for generosity
- Norton Council discusses public health issues, sewer project
- Copley trustees move time of meetings
- Richfield Council considering agreement with Briarwood
- Richfield trustees thank out-going employee
- Granger officials respond to cemetery complaint
Calendar of Events
- GriefCare Place - 4/28/2016
- Book Sale - 4/28/2016
- Art by Deanna Clucas - 4/28/2016
- Double T Quilt Show - 4/28/2016
- Aroma Yoga: Slow Flow Class with Essential Oils - 4/28/2016