Skaters on move in Akron
|Photos: Scott Horstman|
A Zamboni break provided time for a little snuggling for West Akron resident Kate Bame and daughters Emily, 9, and Annie, 7, shown at right bottom.
The rink will be open through Jan. 27 at the park, 200 S. Main St. Ice skating at the rink is free, with skate rental available for $3. The rink is attended Thursdays from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., Fridays and Saturdays from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. and Sundays from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. The rink also will be open Jan. 21, Martin Luther King Day, from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. For more information, call 330-375-2311.
Skating also is available at the rink at Falls River Square in Cuyahoga Falls through Feb. 18. Skates are available for rent. For more information, go to www.cityofcf.com.
When weather permits, skaters also can enjoy taking to the ice in Metro Parks, Serving Summit County spots such as Big Bend in Sand Run Metro Park. For more details, call the seasonal information line at 330-865-8060.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Community News
- Health officials turn attention to flu
- Vet Art Project promotes healing through shared stories
- Retired Norton police chief looks back on career
- Akron City Council commends Amber Vinson
- Preservation Alliance celebrating 30 years
- County planning Boston Mills Road improvements
- Natatorium’s deficit lessens in Falls
- Trustees discuss potential change in JEDD tax collection
- Cost will determine sewer system type in Norton
- Granger trustees approve work on Fire Station parking lot
- Richfield Village Council approves new cemetery fees
- Local Boy Scout earns Eagle rank with patio build
- West Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Artists Who Teach - 10/31/2014
- “Family Health” Book Sale - 10/31/2014
- Beyond D.A.B.D.A.: Grief Counseling with Children and Adults - 10/31/2014
- The Midtown Men - 10/31/2014
- Creepy Crawlies - 10/31/2014