Crystal creations come to life at Lock 3
|Photos: Lew Stamp|
Richard Alford, assistant professor emeritus, is shown in the photo at right middle, at left, as he directs team members as they position one of the 300-pound blocks of ice to be used in carving on Jan. 13.
Former culinary art student Andrew Zamagis is shown at right top, at left, as he works on a piece while Aaron French, 6, observes closely.
A chainsaw makes quick work of carving, as shown at right bottom.
The team, which is preparing for winter competitions, can be seen again this weekend at the Frozen River Festival in Cuyahoga Falls, which will take place today, Jan. 18, from 6 to 9 p.m., Jan. 19 from 2 to 9 p.m. and Jan. 20 from 1 to 5 p.m. at Falls River Square.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Community News
- Wallhaven retail development on track
- Soap Box Derby champs get grand welcome
- County Council opposes proposal for redistricting
- Bath preparing for Community Day
- Copley Heritage Day celebration Aug. 1
- West Side News & Notes
- GAR Foundation awards grants
- Bath trustees approve police replacement levy for ballot
- Copley seeking single-hauler trash bids
- Blood donation sites
- Sharon trustees finalize fire levy plans
- Richfield trustees OK funds for building project
- Chief Saley resigns from Lakemore Fire
- New Franklin updating capital needs
- Coventry school board selects new district treasurer
- County Council opposes redistricting proposal
- Akron to present revised sewer plan to U.S. EPA
- City of Akron testing algae monitoring device
Calendar of Events
- Plein Air Exhibition - 7/30/2015
- “Jupiter Ascending” - 7/30/2015
- Akron Pops Orchestra - 7/30/2015
- Mostly Blues Band with Peggy Coyle - 7/30/2015
- “Hairspray” - 7/31/2015