Crystal creations come to life at Lock 3
|Photos: Lew Stamp|
Richard Alford, assistant professor emeritus, is shown in the photo at right middle, at left, as he directs team members as they position one of the 300-pound blocks of ice to be used in carving on Jan. 13.
Former culinary art student Andrew Zamagis is shown at right top, at left, as he works on a piece while Aaron French, 6, observes closely.
A chainsaw makes quick work of carving, as shown at right bottom.
The team, which is preparing for winter competitions, can be seen again this weekend at the Frozen River Festival in Cuyahoga Falls, which will take place today, Jan. 18, from 6 to 9 p.m., Jan. 19 from 2 to 9 p.m. and Jan. 20 from 1 to 5 p.m. at Falls River Square.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Community News
- County notes success of Gay Games
- Copley fathers, sons hike Grand Canyon rim to rim
- Fairlawn updating rental, housing code
- Church offering English as second language classes
- Medina County hiking program begins Sept. 1
- Bath board approves road improvements, trail construction
- Boston officials discuss new safety measures
- Sharon Fire adding new shift
- Red Cross names interim chapter executive
- JLA accepts grant for Kids in the Kitchen project
- West Side News & Notes
- Coventry to further fund flood mitigation
- Local man ‘model’ citizen with building hobby
- County Council notes success of Gay Games
- Cottage Grove School set for demolition
- Kick for The Cure benefiting Camp Quality, hospice
- Springfield trustees seeking to reduce water/sewer bills further
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Saturday Dance and Gymnastics - 8/23/2014
- Sixth Medina International Fest - 8/23/2014
- 24th Annual AoRC Juried Show - 8/23/2014
- “Relatively Speaking” by Alan Ayckbourn - 8/24/2014
- Hudson Stamp Show - 8/24/2014