Peninsula again seeking police chief
PENINSULA — Peninsula Village once again is in the market for a police chief.
Mayor Doug Mayer said a candidate chosen for the job in November was disqualified during prehire testing. Mayer said a police chief selection committee recommended two candidates from the first pool of applicants, and he plans to talk with the remaining candidate.
Mayer said he hopes to act quickly to choose another candidate. He said he expects by the end of the week to be able to ask Council to schedule a special meeting to discuss the matter.
The village has been without a full-time chief since 2010. Sgt. Daniel Renz has been acting chief.
Council’s next regular meeting will take place Feb. 11 at 7 p.m. in the second-floor Council room of Peninsula Village Hall, located at the corner of state Route 303 and Akron-Peninsula Road.— By Pam Lifke
More Community News
- Akron to raise rental registration fee
- Jolly fun had at Christmas Jingle
- Residents seek to form watershed conservancy
- Grant puts road widening closer to reality
- Local Boy Scouts go on summer ‘high adventure trek’
- West Side News & Notes
- Millennium Fund awards grants
- Blood donation opportunities
- Tucker named new Akron fire chief
- CSO project underway this week
- Campaign provides light for end-of-life patients, remembers those who have died
- Free fire alarms, installation available from Red Cross
- County Council looking at cost of medicine at jail
- Burton D. Morgan Foundation grants awarded
- Fairlawn Holiday Lighting Contest to be judged Dec. 13
- Bath trustees considering proposal for observatory
- Richfield looking to bring back winter festival
- Richfield Village receives covenant not to sue under Ohio EPA Voluntary Action Program
- Granger trustees discuss cemetery, zoning fees
- Scout siblings earn awards
Calendar of Events
- “Finding Dory” - 12/8/2016
- Felted Beaded Necklace - 12/8/2016
- University of Akron Chamber Orchestra - 12/8/2016
- Handmade Gifts for the Holidays: ages 3-6 - 12/8/2016
- Baby Play - 12/8/2016