Family Wellness Expo draws record crowd
|Shown are children with JCC Early Childhood teacher Lisa Pesantez and volunteer Adam Rosen playing a game about healthy eating at the Expo.|
|Photos courtesy of the Shaw Jewish Community Center|
Families explored wellness through interactive activities at nearly 50 booths presented by nonprofit and for-profit organizations from the Akron area and throughout Summit County, according to JCC officials.
|Jared Fogle, national SUBWAY spokesman, showed off the pants he wore as a 425-pound man.|
Educational, environmental and medical elements of wellness also played a large role in the day’s activities, according to JCC officials.
Jared Fogle, national SUBWAY spokesman, was a highlight of the event. Visitors had the opportunity to meet Fogle and check out the pants he wore as a 425-pound man.
Attendees also enjoyed special stage shows performed throughout the day. Sid the Science Kid performed on stage with David Palomo, of Music Together®, as the children danced and sang along, and ETC School of Musical Arts entertained the crowd with performances.
“We were thrilled with the turnout and are grateful to our sponsors and partners for their commitment to wellness in our community,” said Todd Rockoff, executive director for the Shaw JCC. “The Shaw JCC is looking ahead to the third annual Family Wellness Expo as we work to continue delivering the message that wellness is fun and for the entire family.”
The Expo was made possible through the support of the following sponsors: Shaw JCC of Akron, Summa Health System, Rubber City Radio Group, Akron Aeros, Leader Publications, Western Reserve PBS, White Hat Management, Bruegger’s Bagels and Jewish Family Service.
More Community News
- Health district moving to West Akron
- Runners get in Halloween spirit
- Granger voters to see road, fire levies on ballot
- Fire levy on ballot in Sharon
- West Akron man volunteering in Ghana
- Falls implementing civil dispute program
- Boston to receive funds from NPS
- Richfield mayor discusses village’s investments
- Granger trustees continue to review conservation easement
- Stow Court modernizing, shares info with Richfield Chamber
- OFSC presents funds to burn unit
- West Side News & Notes
- Lakemore asking voters to renew fire levy
- Acme celebrates opening
- Coventry trustees asking voters to support Issue 53
- Residents oppose proposed gas line through Green
- Springfield helping with Canton Road corridor work
- Health district readies for new home
- Green Fire named STEMI Award winner
- Green employee receives Patriot Award
- Students share green thumb efforts
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Amazing World of Bats - 10/21/2014
- A New Beginning - 10/22/2014
- Bastille - 10/22/2014
- Weekday Walkers - 10/22/2014
- Wine and Canvas Painting Class - 10/22/2014