Family Wellness Expo draws record crowd
|Shown are children with JCC Early Childhood teacher Lisa Pesantez and volunteer Adam Rosen playing a game about healthy eating at the Expo.|
|Photos courtesy of the Shaw Jewish Community Center|
Families explored wellness through interactive activities at nearly 50 booths presented by nonprofit and for-profit organizations from the Akron area and throughout Summit County, according to JCC officials.
|Jared Fogle, national SUBWAY spokesman, showed off the pants he wore as a 425-pound man.|
Educational, environmental and medical elements of wellness also played a large role in the day’s activities, according to JCC officials.
Jared Fogle, national SUBWAY spokesman, was a highlight of the event. Visitors had the opportunity to meet Fogle and check out the pants he wore as a 425-pound man.
Attendees also enjoyed special stage shows performed throughout the day. Sid the Science Kid performed on stage with David Palomo, of Music Together®, as the children danced and sang along, and ETC School of Musical Arts entertained the crowd with performances.
“We were thrilled with the turnout and are grateful to our sponsors and partners for their commitment to wellness in our community,” said Todd Rockoff, executive director for the Shaw JCC. “The Shaw JCC is looking ahead to the third annual Family Wellness Expo as we work to continue delivering the message that wellness is fun and for the entire family.”
The Expo was made possible through the support of the following sponsors: Shaw JCC of Akron, Summa Health System, Rubber City Radio Group, Akron Aeros, Leader Publications, Western Reserve PBS, White Hat Management, Bruegger’s Bagels and Jewish Family Service.
More Community News
- County notes success of Gay Games
- Copley fathers, sons hike Grand Canyon rim to rim
- Fairlawn updating rental, housing code
- Church offering English as second language classes
- Medina County hiking program begins Sept. 1
- Bath board approves road improvements, trail construction
- Boston officials discuss new safety measures
- Sharon Fire adding new shift
- Red Cross names interim chapter executive
- JLA accepts grant for Kids in the Kitchen project
- West Side News & Notes
- Coventry to further fund flood mitigation
- Local man ‘model’ citizen with building hobby
- County Council notes success of Gay Games
- Cottage Grove School set for demolition
- Kick for The Cure benefiting Camp Quality, hospice
- Springfield trustees seeking to reduce water/sewer bills further
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Saturday Dance and Gymnastics - 8/23/2014
- Sixth Medina International Fest - 8/23/2014
- 24th Annual AoRC Juried Show - 8/23/2014
- “Relatively Speaking” by Alan Ayckbourn - 8/24/2014
- Hudson Stamp Show - 8/24/2014