Family Wellness Expo draws record crowd
|Shown are children with JCC Early Childhood teacher Lisa Pesantez and volunteer Adam Rosen playing a game about healthy eating at the Expo.|
|Photos courtesy of the Shaw Jewish Community Center|
Families explored wellness through interactive activities at nearly 50 booths presented by nonprofit and for-profit organizations from the Akron area and throughout Summit County, according to JCC officials.
|Jared Fogle, national SUBWAY spokesman, showed off the pants he wore as a 425-pound man.|
Educational, environmental and medical elements of wellness also played a large role in the day’s activities, according to JCC officials.
Jared Fogle, national SUBWAY spokesman, was a highlight of the event. Visitors had the opportunity to meet Fogle and check out the pants he wore as a 425-pound man.
Attendees also enjoyed special stage shows performed throughout the day. Sid the Science Kid performed on stage with David Palomo, of Music Together®, as the children danced and sang along, and ETC School of Musical Arts entertained the crowd with performances.
“We were thrilled with the turnout and are grateful to our sponsors and partners for their commitment to wellness in our community,” said Todd Rockoff, executive director for the Shaw JCC. “The Shaw JCC is looking ahead to the third annual Family Wellness Expo as we work to continue delivering the message that wellness is fun and for the entire family.”
The Expo was made possible through the support of the following sponsors: Shaw JCC of Akron, Summa Health System, Rubber City Radio Group, Akron Aeros, Leader Publications, Western Reserve PBS, White Hat Management, Bruegger’s Bagels and Jewish Family Service.
More Community News
- Downtown Akron retail, housing planned
- Sharon kicks off Christmas season
- Litchfield CLC accepted into IB program
- State auditor releases special report on open enrollment
- Falls Council hears utility audit report
- West Side News & Notes
- ADM Services Board recognizes Trailblazers
- Work on 2017 county budget continues
- Boston trustees discuss business not registered in JEDD
- Bath trustees reduce speed limit on Bonnebrook
- Bath Community Fund awards first grants
- Sharon trustees discuss Eagle Scout project
- Auditor releases report on open enrollment
- Lakemore lights up for holidays
- Downtown retail, housing planned on South Main
- Springfield district planning stadium improvements
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Glass Fusing with Marianne Hite - 12/7/2016
- Weekday Walkers - 12/7/2016
- Christmas Cards Workshop - 12/7/2016
- “Once” - 12/7/2016
- Story Time - 12/7/2016