Copley teen earns Eagle rank
|Photo courtesy of the Ostapowicz family|
For his Eagle project, Kevin, 17, supervised his fellow Scouts in landscaping the gardens in the courtyard of Faith Lutheran Church, the charter church for his troop, in July 2012.
Kevin started his Scouting career as a member of Cub Scout Pack No. 3390 in Fairlawn, earning an Arrow of Light, and has served in many leadership roles with the troop and with more than 90 nights of camping to his credit.
A junior at Copley High School, Kevin is a three-year member of the high school marching band and played on the high school football team his freshman year. Kevin attends Grace Church in Bath, where he is involved with the Young Life youth group. He will be attending a Christian retreat this summer in Colorado, according to his family.
He enjoys music and plays guitar, trumpet and drums. He is also the drummer for the Copley-based band The Allies. His parents are Joyce Johnson and Don Ostapowicz, of Copley.
Kevin is the second Eagle Scout in his family, following his older brother, Peter, a 2011 Copley High School graduate who currently attends Bowling Green State University. His younger brother, Jackson, is also a member of Troop No. 390.
More Community News
- Bath parks levy renewal on May ballot
- Area communities offering Safety Town
- Woodridge studying future of school buildings
- Council OKs new Dollar General in Merriman Valley
- Youth employment program getting on its way
- Falls Council OKs purchase for Electrical Department
- Norton Council accepts Moving Ohio Forward funds
- Boston trustees take step to clear property
- Sharon trustees discuss recent township break-ins
- Granger trustees approve tax abatement guidelines
- KAB names litter prevention campaign contest winners
- LaRose honors local youth
- YMCAs presenting Healthy Kids Day
- Montrose transportation meeting set for May 15
- United Way announces education investments, new funding strategy
- West Side News & Notes
- Green district seeking levy renewal
- Children celebrate Easter early
- Board strikes deal to keep fitness center running
- Springfield officer honored for service
- Grant possibility could increase police presence in Coventry
- Youth employment program on its way
- Rebuilding Together to improve nine area homes
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Susan Graham - 4/21/2014
- Prostate Cancer Awareness Ministry - 4/21/2014
- A New Adventure - 4/23/2014
- Jeri Holland - 4/23/2014
- Blue Man Group - 4/23/2014