Copley teen earns Eagle rank
|Photo courtesy of the Ostapowicz family|
For his Eagle project, Kevin, 17, supervised his fellow Scouts in landscaping the gardens in the courtyard of Faith Lutheran Church, the charter church for his troop, in July 2012.
Kevin started his Scouting career as a member of Cub Scout Pack No. 3390 in Fairlawn, earning an Arrow of Light, and has served in many leadership roles with the troop and with more than 90 nights of camping to his credit.
A junior at Copley High School, Kevin is a three-year member of the high school marching band and played on the high school football team his freshman year. Kevin attends Grace Church in Bath, where he is involved with the Young Life youth group. He will be attending a Christian retreat this summer in Colorado, according to his family.
He enjoys music and plays guitar, trumpet and drums. He is also the drummer for the Copley-based band The Allies. His parents are Joyce Johnson and Don Ostapowicz, of Copley.
Kevin is the second Eagle Scout in his family, following his older brother, Peter, a 2011 Copley High School graduate who currently attends Bowling Green State University. His younger brother, Jackson, is also a member of Troop No. 390.
More Community News
- APS plans to create health career academy
- Nice day for a swim … if you’re a polar bear
- Akron Council defends hiring city residents
- County may make clean break from Norton sewers
- Lippman School celebrating 50th anniversary
- West Side News & Notes
- Faith Lutheran to dedicate new building
- Stow Clerk of Courts Advisory Council hosts inaugural meeting
- New residents celebrate first winter in Akron
- Norton Council lowers costs for sewer assessments
- Fairlawn officials working toward passing final 2015 budget
- Falls Council OKs site plans for Menards, townhome project
- Bath enters into agreement with Falls for jail services
- First Bath Community Fund meeting planned
- Richfield Village Council OKs fire/EMS contract with township
- Trustees select design-build teams for new building
- Copley trustees oppose removal of Minor Road traffic signal
- Granger officials introduced to new recycling proposal
- Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank kicks off Harvest for Hunger
- Junior League honors members
Calendar of Events
- Animal Tales - 2/27/2015
- From the Vault: 40 Years of Excellence - 2/27/2015
- Edwin Scholes: Birds of Paradise - 2/27/2015
- A New Adventure - 2/28/2015
- Mums the Word - 2/28/2015