Copley teen earns Eagle rank
|Photo courtesy of the Ostapowicz family|
For his Eagle project, Kevin, 17, supervised his fellow Scouts in landscaping the gardens in the courtyard of Faith Lutheran Church, the charter church for his troop, in July 2012.
Kevin started his Scouting career as a member of Cub Scout Pack No. 3390 in Fairlawn, earning an Arrow of Light, and has served in many leadership roles with the troop and with more than 90 nights of camping to his credit.
A junior at Copley High School, Kevin is a three-year member of the high school marching band and played on the high school football team his freshman year. Kevin attends Grace Church in Bath, where he is involved with the Young Life youth group. He will be attending a Christian retreat this summer in Colorado, according to his family.
He enjoys music and plays guitar, trumpet and drums. He is also the drummer for the Copley-based band The Allies. His parents are Joyce Johnson and Don Ostapowicz, of Copley.
Kevin is the second Eagle Scout in his family, following his older brother, Peter, a 2011 Copley High School graduate who currently attends Bowling Green State University. His younger brother, Jackson, is also a member of Troop No. 390.
More Community News
- Derby celebrates 78th year
- Akron City Council OKs Wallhaven project
- Districting proposal making its way to ballot
- Confusion follows Falls Council’s charter change vote
- Boston optimistic with switch to RITA
- Richfield Village officials still considering water tower sites
- Leadership Akron selects members of new class
- Granger firefighters promoted to lieutenant rank
- Sanitarium scrapbook preservation in works
Calendar of Events
- “First Tuesday” Dance - 8/4/2015
- Experience the Underground Railroad - 8/4/2015
- Freezing and Canning Workshop - 8/4/2015
- Show and Tell Me a Story: for ages 1-3 - 8/5/2015
- #Akron Music Scene Showcase - 8/5/2015