Copley teen earns Eagle rank
|Photo courtesy of the Ostapowicz family|
For his Eagle project, Kevin, 17, supervised his fellow Scouts in landscaping the gardens in the courtyard of Faith Lutheran Church, the charter church for his troop, in July 2012.
Kevin started his Scouting career as a member of Cub Scout Pack No. 3390 in Fairlawn, earning an Arrow of Light, and has served in many leadership roles with the troop and with more than 90 nights of camping to his credit.
A junior at Copley High School, Kevin is a three-year member of the high school marching band and played on the high school football team his freshman year. Kevin attends Grace Church in Bath, where he is involved with the Young Life youth group. He will be attending a Christian retreat this summer in Colorado, according to his family.
He enjoys music and plays guitar, trumpet and drums. He is also the drummer for the Copley-based band The Allies. His parents are Joyce Johnson and Don Ostapowicz, of Copley.
Kevin is the second Eagle Scout in his family, following his older brother, Peter, a 2011 Copley High School graduate who currently attends Bowling Green State University. His younger brother, Jackson, is also a member of Troop No. 390.
More Community News
- Akron Council OKs Rockynol project permit
- Croghan Park rededicated
- Focus on speeding, other issues at Akron Caucus
- Bath Community Day is Aug. 2
- Summit, Medina fairs celebrate traditions
- Richfield fire chief commended for saving life
- Richfield trustees discuss mowing complaint
- Copley pet groomer reunites potbellied pig, owner
- West Side News & Notes
- West Side Education News & Notes
- New Springfield superintendent named
- Communities gearing up for Rock the Docks
- New Franklin charter changes headed to ballot
- Community event planned at East Liberty Park
- Kids Month celebrated in August
- Wingfoot One selected as new blimp name
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Windows 8 - 7/29/2014
- Pilates - 7/30/2014
- Intercourse the Collective - 7/30/2014
- “Summer Fun” Book Sale - 7/31/2014
- Works by Portage Path Community Learning Center art students - 7/31/2014