Copley teen earns Eagle rank
|Photo courtesy of the Ostapowicz family|
For his Eagle project, Kevin, 17, supervised his fellow Scouts in landscaping the gardens in the courtyard of Faith Lutheran Church, the charter church for his troop, in July 2012.
Kevin started his Scouting career as a member of Cub Scout Pack No. 3390 in Fairlawn, earning an Arrow of Light, and has served in many leadership roles with the troop and with more than 90 nights of camping to his credit.
A junior at Copley High School, Kevin is a three-year member of the high school marching band and played on the high school football team his freshman year. Kevin attends Grace Church in Bath, where he is involved with the Young Life youth group. He will be attending a Christian retreat this summer in Colorado, according to his family.
He enjoys music and plays guitar, trumpet and drums. He is also the drummer for the Copley-based band The Allies. His parents are Joyce Johnson and Don Ostapowicz, of Copley.
Kevin is the second Eagle Scout in his family, following his older brother, Peter, a 2011 Copley High School graduate who currently attends Bowling Green State University. His younger brother, Jackson, is also a member of Troop No. 390.
More Community News
- Health officials probe hospital TB exposure
- Richfield Village kicks off jubilee year
- Falls forms team to address opiate addiction
- Kurt continues as Clerk of Courts
- Early meetings don’t dissuade Copley Key Club members
- West Side News & Notes
- Boston trustees honor community members
- Impact Award winners honored
- Bath trustees request intersection study
- Shapiro takes oath of office
- Mature Services receives grant for program
Calendar of Events
- Kids Yoga and Mindfulness: ages 7-10 - 1/19/2017
- “The Ditchdigger’s Daughter” - 1/19/2017
- “Top Hat” - 1/19/2017
- Double T Quilt Club - 1/19/2017
- Reimagining the Civic Commons: with the #CreativeSummit Community - 1/19/2017