Snowy day sets stage for Chili Open
|Photos: Krista Galloway|
Shown at right top is a group of participants from Wayne Homes, Akron Tractor & Equipment and Whitey’s as they get warm by the fire during a break in play.
Golfer Stan Vogel, of Navarre, is pictured at left as he prepares to take a shot as snowflakes come down.
Following play, those who attended had the chance to warm up with chili donated by Whitey’s in Richfield. Justin Alaburda, of Lyndhurst, who is with the Akron law firm of Brennan, Manna and Diamond, is shown at left in the photo at right bottom as volunteers Heather Pickens, of Rootstown, and Todd Eisinger, of West Akron, stand ready to serve.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Community News
- Health officials probe hospital TB exposure
- Richfield Village kicks off jubilee year
- Falls forms team to address opiate addiction
- Kurt continues as Clerk of Courts
- Early meetings don’t dissuade Copley Key Club members
- West Side News & Notes
- Boston trustees honor community members
- Impact Award winners honored
- Bath trustees request intersection study
- Shapiro takes oath of office
- Mature Services receives grant for program
Calendar of Events
- Kids Yoga and Mindfulness: ages 7-10 - 1/19/2017
- “The Ditchdigger’s Daughter” - 1/19/2017
- “Top Hat” - 1/19/2017
- Double T Quilt Club - 1/19/2017
- Reimagining the Civic Commons: with the #CreativeSummit Community - 1/19/2017