CG&FS presents 2013 Friend of Children award
The public is invited to the Mending Hearts & Minds breakfast at St. Joseph’s Hall, 610 W. Exchange St. March 6 from 7:30 to 9 a.m., when CG&FS will recognize O’Leary and AMHA’s efforts to help children in the community.
Each year, CG&FS honors a leader in the community with the Friend of Children award. Previous honorees include Akron Children’s Hospital and its President and CEO William Considine, the Akron Area YMCA and its President and CEO Douglas Kohl and Summit County Juvenile Court Judge Linda Tucci Teodosio.
According to Elaine Harlin, president of CG&FS, “Tony is a visionary beyond the walls of housing. He has developed a culture within AMHA which leverages community assets through collaborations such as Summit Lake Family Opportunity Center and Early Childhood Initiative programs. This award is a tribute to Tony’s leadership and his team’s commitment to improving the lives and well-being of children and families.”
“It is a great honor for me to receive the Friend of Children Award on behalf of AMHA,” O’Leary said in a press release. “Housing is essential for families to succeed. We have had a strong partnership with CG&FS for decades, assisting children and families. We share the goal of helping families do better.”
CG&FS collaborates with AMHA on its Early Childhood Initiative (ECI) to provide support services to its residents. The ECI program links families to community resources and offers educational family events in selected AMHA developments, such as Mom-ME Time and Parents as Teachers™. The Mom-ME program helps mothers who display signs of maternal depression, especially those with children 5 and younger.
To reserve a seat at the Mending Hearts & Minds breakfast or for more information, call CG&FS at 330-762-0591 or visit www.cgfs.org.
More Community News
- Council discusses Montrose traffic upgrade
- Tree festival puts spotlight on season
- Akron Council mulls moving election of officers
- Seasonal volunteer opportunities abound in area
- Ronald McDonald House set to grow
- Holiday décor sparkles at tree festival
- West Side News & Notes
- Copley trustees award building replacement bidq
- VFW Post 349 recognizes veteran support groups at dinner
- IRS recommends reviewing tax status now
- Richfield Council adds historic overlay district to zoning code
- BBB offering shopping, giving advice
- Richfield trustees preparing for move into new building
- ADM Board honors trailblazers
- Akron RubberDucks helps to feed hungry, homeless
- West Akron Baseball League volunteers clean up yards
Calendar of Events
- Jon Mosey - 11/25/2015
- Joseph Arthur - 11/25/2015
- Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous - 11/26/2015
- Ballroom Nights - 11/27/2015
- Black Friday Music Party - 11/27/2015