CG&FS presents 2013 Friend of Children award
The public is invited to the Mending Hearts & Minds breakfast at St. Joseph’s Hall, 610 W. Exchange St. March 6 from 7:30 to 9 a.m., when CG&FS will recognize O’Leary and AMHA’s efforts to help children in the community.
Each year, CG&FS honors a leader in the community with the Friend of Children award. Previous honorees include Akron Children’s Hospital and its President and CEO William Considine, the Akron Area YMCA and its President and CEO Douglas Kohl and Summit County Juvenile Court Judge Linda Tucci Teodosio.
According to Elaine Harlin, president of CG&FS, “Tony is a visionary beyond the walls of housing. He has developed a culture within AMHA which leverages community assets through collaborations such as Summit Lake Family Opportunity Center and Early Childhood Initiative programs. This award is a tribute to Tony’s leadership and his team’s commitment to improving the lives and well-being of children and families.”
“It is a great honor for me to receive the Friend of Children Award on behalf of AMHA,” O’Leary said in a press release. “Housing is essential for families to succeed. We have had a strong partnership with CG&FS for decades, assisting children and families. We share the goal of helping families do better.”
CG&FS collaborates with AMHA on its Early Childhood Initiative (ECI) to provide support services to its residents. The ECI program links families to community resources and offers educational family events in selected AMHA developments, such as Mom-ME Time and Parents as Teachers™. The Mom-ME program helps mothers who display signs of maternal depression, especially those with children 5 and younger.
To reserve a seat at the Mending Hearts & Minds breakfast or for more information, call CG&FS at 330-762-0591 or visit www.cgfs.org.
More Community News
- Council supports ‘Breaking Addiction Act’
- All’s fair at annual Summit County event
- Yellow Creek advocates explore conservancy idea
- Grandmother creates memorial for slain grandson
- Copley Heritage Day set for Aug. 2
- Falls Council continues to mull Menards deal
- Road construction begins on Hines Hill Road
- Granger Fire Department moving forward with grant proposal
- Sharon trustees approve fire levy for November ballot
- Medina County Fair offering variety of activities
- Akron Rotary inducts president
- Sno-cone sale benefits playground project
- West Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Voices in the Valley: The Womack Family Band - 8/1/2014
- Family Fun Night - 8/1/2014
- Social Bingo Days - 8/1/2014
- “Shout! The Mod Musical” - 8/2/2014
- RadiatriX with The Living and VON Isley - 8/2/2014