Supporters brave snow for Chase Your Shadow race
|Photos: Lew Stamp|
The annual event benefits the Friends of Portage Lakes State Park, which was organized to support and help make improvements at the park. Current projects include a dog park and bird and butterfly gardens.
North Canton resident Roberta Hamilton, pictured at left, celebrated her 50th birthday by participating in the run.
Others came out to support the runners. Shown at right bottom is Deidre Betancourt in a groundhog outfit cheering runners on alongside New Franklin resident and former Summit County Probate Court Judge Todd McKenney, who passed out snacks during the event.
For details on winners, see "Chase Your Shadow runners race to finish."
— By Maria Lindsay
More Community News
- Health officials turn attention to flu
- Vet Art Project promotes healing through shared stories
- Retired Norton police chief looks back on career
- Akron City Council commends Amber Vinson
- Preservation Alliance celebrating 30 years
- County planning Boston Mills Road improvements
- Natatorium’s deficit lessens in Falls
- Trustees discuss potential change in JEDD tax collection
- Cost will determine sewer system type in Norton
- Granger trustees approve work on Fire Station parking lot
- Richfield Village Council approves new cemetery fees
- Local Boy Scout earns Eagle rank with patio build
- West Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Robert Gruca - 10/30/2014
- Family Halloween Party - 10/30/2014
- “Toy Story of Terror” and “Hocus Pocus" - 10/30/2014
- Artists Who Teach - 10/31/2014
- “Family Health” Book Sale - 10/31/2014