Bath Parks hosts cool event
|Photos: Ken Crisafi|
Bath Police Chief Mike McNeely was on hand, as shown at right top, and gave the hill a try.
Board members Amy Bower and Pam Reitz also attended and enjoyed roasting marshmallows with Mike Rorar, Bath Township’s parks director. They are pictured at right bottom, from left.
Shown at right middle as they take advantage of the mild temperatures for a hike were Bath residents Mary St. Clair and Laura Yost, with Eugenia Romer, of Columbus.
The event also featured hot chocolate and treats for those who attended the event to sled down the hill, cross country ski throughout the park’s 404 acres or participate in a biologist-led “In Search of Wildlife” hike.
The preserve, located at 4160 Ira Road, is comprised of wetlands, woodlands, riparian and old field habitats.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Community News
- Akron to raise rental registration fee
- Jolly fun had at Christmas Jingle
- Residents seek to form watershed conservancy
- Grant puts road widening closer to reality
- Local Boy Scouts go on summer ‘high adventure trek’
- West Side News & Notes
- Millennium Fund awards grants
- Blood donation opportunities
- Tucker named new Akron fire chief
- CSO project underway this week
- Campaign provides light for end-of-life patients, remembers those who have died
- Free fire alarms, installation available from Red Cross
- County Council looking at cost of medicine at jail
- Burton D. Morgan Foundation grants awarded
- Fairlawn Holiday Lighting Contest to be judged Dec. 13
- Bath trustees considering proposal for observatory
- Richfield looking to bring back winter festival
- Richfield Village receives covenant not to sue under Ohio EPA Voluntary Action Program
- Granger trustees discuss cemetery, zoning fees
- Scout siblings earn awards
Calendar of Events
- “Finding Dory” - 12/8/2016
- Felted Beaded Necklace - 12/8/2016
- University of Akron Chamber Orchestra - 12/8/2016
- Handmade Gifts for the Holidays: ages 3-6 - 12/8/2016
- Baby Play - 12/8/2016