Bath Parks hosts cool event
|Photos: Ken Crisafi|
Bath Police Chief Mike McNeely was on hand, as shown at right top, and gave the hill a try.
Board members Amy Bower and Pam Reitz also attended and enjoyed roasting marshmallows with Mike Rorar, Bath Township’s parks director. They are pictured at right bottom, from left.
Shown at right middle as they take advantage of the mild temperatures for a hike were Bath residents Mary St. Clair and Laura Yost, with Eugenia Romer, of Columbus.
The event also featured hot chocolate and treats for those who attended the event to sled down the hill, cross country ski throughout the park’s 404 acres or participate in a biologist-led “In Search of Wildlife” hike.
The preserve, located at 4160 Ira Road, is comprised of wetlands, woodlands, riparian and old field habitats.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Community News
- Derby celebrates 78th year
- Akron City Council OKs Wallhaven project
- Districting proposal making its way to ballot
- Confusion follows Falls Council’s charter change vote
- Boston optimistic with switch to RITA
- Richfield Village officials still considering water tower sites
- Leadership Akron selects members of new class
- Granger firefighters promoted to lieutenant rank
- Sanitarium scrapbook preservation in works
Calendar of Events
- “First Tuesday” Dance - 8/4/2015
- Experience the Underground Railroad - 8/4/2015
- Freezing and Canning Workshop - 8/4/2015
- Show and Tell Me a Story: for ages 1-3 - 8/5/2015
- #Akron Music Scene Showcase - 8/5/2015