Bath Parks hosts cool event
|Photos: Ken Crisafi|
Bath Police Chief Mike McNeely was on hand, as shown at right top, and gave the hill a try.
Board members Amy Bower and Pam Reitz also attended and enjoyed roasting marshmallows with Mike Rorar, Bath Township’s parks director. They are pictured at right bottom, from left.
Shown at right middle as they take advantage of the mild temperatures for a hike were Bath residents Mary St. Clair and Laura Yost, with Eugenia Romer, of Columbus.
The event also featured hot chocolate and treats for those who attended the event to sled down the hill, cross country ski throughout the park’s 404 acres or participate in a biologist-led “In Search of Wildlife” hike.
The preserve, located at 4160 Ira Road, is comprised of wetlands, woodlands, riparian and old field habitats.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Community News
- State capital improvements issue on ballot
- Blue herons prepare for new arrivals
- West Akron rezoning request withdrawn
- Fundraisers for brain cancer research planned
- Eagle Scouts plan special trip to honor D-Day
- County Council considering raises for employees
- Fairlawn Police Department promotes five officers
- Peninsula Council approves agricultural district renewal
- Bath trustees conduct business for Revere students
- Dates set for annual Richfield community celebration
- Richfield trustees approve settlement for use of crusher
- Copley seeking new bids to raze Community Center
- West Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Chuck Loeb, Everett Harp and Jeff Lorber - 4/25/2014
- Social Texas Hold ‘em for Seniors, - 4/25/2014
- Ballroom Nights - 4/25/2014
- How Sweet Was It? - 4/25/2014
- Akron Symphony Pops Orchestra - 4/25/2014