Bath Parks hosts cool event
|Photos: Ken Crisafi|
Bath Police Chief Mike McNeely was on hand, as shown at right top, and gave the hill a try.
Board members Amy Bower and Pam Reitz also attended and enjoyed roasting marshmallows with Mike Rorar, Bath Township’s parks director. They are pictured at right bottom, from left.
Shown at right middle as they take advantage of the mild temperatures for a hike were Bath residents Mary St. Clair and Laura Yost, with Eugenia Romer, of Columbus.
The event also featured hot chocolate and treats for those who attended the event to sled down the hill, cross country ski throughout the park’s 404 acres or participate in a biologist-led “In Search of Wildlife” hike.
The preserve, located at 4160 Ira Road, is comprised of wetlands, woodlands, riparian and old field habitats.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Community News
- Akron welcoming NBA star ‘back home’
- Old-fashioned carnival celebrates SCHS anniversary
- Woodridge bids farewell to board member
- APS board accepts donation from foundation
- Kids Month celebrated in August
- Boston trustees discuss issues with road project
- Sharon officials provide update on smell
- Falls drafts deal for development of Menards
- Norton working on flood control on Newpark Drive
- Granger Fire personnel sworn in
- Fairlawn officials investigating nightly room rentals in residences
- West Side News & Notes
- Springfield superintendent retiring
- Road resurfacing behind schedule in Coventry
- Pine Lake residents object to new Lauer Park entrance
Calendar of Events
- Mr. Bubble - 7/22/2014
- Stewart’s Caring Place: A Cancer Wellness Center Events - 7/22/2014
- A New Beginning - 7/23/2014
- 24th Annual AoRC Juried Show - 7/23/2014
- Music in the Meadow: Mo’ Mojo - 7/23/2014