Bath Parks hosts cool event
|Photos: Ken Crisafi|
Bath Police Chief Mike McNeely was on hand, as shown at right top, and gave the hill a try.
Board members Amy Bower and Pam Reitz also attended and enjoyed roasting marshmallows with Mike Rorar, Bath Township’s parks director. They are pictured at right bottom, from left.
Shown at right middle as they take advantage of the mild temperatures for a hike were Bath residents Mary St. Clair and Laura Yost, with Eugenia Romer, of Columbus.
The event also featured hot chocolate and treats for those who attended the event to sled down the hill, cross country ski throughout the park’s 404 acres or participate in a biologist-led “In Search of Wildlife” hike.
The preserve, located at 4160 Ira Road, is comprised of wetlands, woodlands, riparian and old field habitats.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Community News
- Akron proposes city construction company
- Flowers herald coming spring
- County joining fight against mail sorting office closure
- Woodridge ‘big loser’ in proposed state budget
- New Revere superintendent ready for challenge
- West Side News & Notes
- Summit County marking 175 years
- Women’s Endowment Fund awards grants
- Presentation on student use of electronics planned
- Peninsula library offering March classes
- BVS hosting blood drive
- Bath OKs raise for park employees with additional training
- Boston facing salt shortage
- Altrusa International hosting prom dress event
- Wadsworth judge presents annual report
Calendar of Events
- Paws and Prayers’ Paws Vegas - 3/6/2015
- Homeschoolers: Green Thumbs - 3/6/2015
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Kickoff Party - 3/6/2015
- Coyotes in Your Parks - 3/6/2015
- Rubber City Beatlefest - 3/6/2015