Bath Parks hosts cool event
|Photos: Ken Crisafi|
Bath Police Chief Mike McNeely was on hand, as shown at right top, and gave the hill a try.
Board members Amy Bower and Pam Reitz also attended and enjoyed roasting marshmallows with Mike Rorar, Bath Township’s parks director. They are pictured at right bottom, from left.
Shown at right middle as they take advantage of the mild temperatures for a hike were Bath residents Mary St. Clair and Laura Yost, with Eugenia Romer, of Columbus.
The event also featured hot chocolate and treats for those who attended the event to sled down the hill, cross country ski throughout the park’s 404 acres or participate in a biologist-led “In Search of Wildlife” hike.
The preserve, located at 4160 Ira Road, is comprised of wetlands, woodlands, riparian and old field habitats.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Community News
- Health officials probe hospital TB exposure
- Richfield Village kicks off jubilee year
- Falls forms team to address opiate addiction
- Kurt continues as Clerk of Courts
- Early meetings don’t dissuade Copley Key Club members
- West Side News & Notes
- Boston trustees honor community members
- Impact Award winners honored
- Bath trustees request intersection study
- Shapiro takes oath of office
- Mature Services receives grant for program
- Lakemore requesting income tax increase
- Coventry moving ahead with police ballot issue
- Springfield trustees to place new parks levy on ballot
- South Side News & Notes
- Akron mayor wants Oriana House audit
- Green mayor to give State of City
Calendar of Events
- Nature Drawing for Kids: ages 6-12 - 1/22/2017
- “Ratatouille” - 1/22/2017
- All Things Rings: Beginner Level - 1/22/2017
- The Lincoln Inaugural Train - 1/23/2017
- “Reasons to Be Happy” - 1/24/2017