Valentine’s Day Social goes tropical
|Photos: Lew Stamp|
“It went well, and most people were happy with the new location,” said Goodhart.
Among those enjoying the evening was Olivia Sites, 5, who is pictured at right top, sharing a traditional Hawaiian lei with her grandmother, Connie Overholt.
The Calypso Gypsies provided steel drum melodies and toe-tapping rhythms from around the world to entertain the crowd, and the band also invited children to play along with some instruments.
Shown at right bottom is Nicholas Messina, 10, shaking maracas and dancing to the sounds of island music.
The event also included a pasta bar dinner, door prizes and other activities.
One of those activities included caricatures done by artist Scott Hall. Shown at left is Hailey Thornton, 8, in the background as Hall draws a sketch of her.
— By Maria Lindsay
More Community News
- Bath parks levy renewal on May ballot
- Area communities offering Safety Town
- Woodridge studying future of school buildings
- Council OKs new Dollar General in Merriman Valley
- Youth employment program getting on its way
- Falls Council OKs purchase for Electrical Department
- Norton Council accepts Moving Ohio Forward funds
- Boston trustees take step to clear property
- Sharon trustees discuss recent township break-ins
- Granger trustees approve tax abatement guidelines
- KAB names litter prevention campaign contest winners
- LaRose honors local youth
- YMCAs presenting Healthy Kids Day
- Montrose transportation meeting set for May 15
- United Way announces education investments, new funding strategy
- West Side News & Notes
- Green district seeking levy renewal
- Children celebrate Easter early
- Board strikes deal to keep fitness center running
- Springfield officer honored for service
- Grant possibility could increase police presence in Coventry
- Youth employment program on its way
- Rebuilding Together to improve nine area homes
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- A New Adventure - 4/23/2014
- Jeri Holland - 4/23/2014
- Blue Man Group - 4/23/2014
- Apollo’s Fire - 4/24/2014
- “Bye Bye Birdie” - 4/24/2014