Valentine’s Day Social goes tropical
|Photos: Lew Stamp|
“It went well, and most people were happy with the new location,” said Goodhart.
Among those enjoying the evening was Olivia Sites, 5, who is pictured at right top, sharing a traditional Hawaiian lei with her grandmother, Connie Overholt.
The Calypso Gypsies provided steel drum melodies and toe-tapping rhythms from around the world to entertain the crowd, and the band also invited children to play along with some instruments.
Shown at right bottom is Nicholas Messina, 10, shaking maracas and dancing to the sounds of island music.
The event also included a pasta bar dinner, door prizes and other activities.
One of those activities included caricatures done by artist Scott Hall. Shown at left is Hailey Thornton, 8, in the background as Hall draws a sketch of her.
— By Maria Lindsay
More Community News
- Girls explore engineering careers
- County consumer protection gets attention
- Crown Point celebrating 25th year
- Local Women Who Care hoping to increase ranks
- Firestone Theatre one of first to stage ‘Mary Poppins’
- ACF announces record assets, awards $1.93 million in grants
- Akron Council voices opposition to ‘restrictive’ state bills
- Bath trustees hire staff for fire department
- Boston trustees discuss action to clear property
- Wadsworth judge presents annual report to Sharon trustees
- West Side News & Notes
- County’s consumer protection gets attention
- Green district celebrates education
- Springfield trustees eyeing new pumper
- Local man impacts mental health training worldwide
- Green students Do Something good
- Lakemore making progress with village deficit
- Jewish Community Board celebrates century
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- A Far Cry with Matt Haimovitz - 3/11/2014
- Mudcakes - 3/11/2014
- Widows and Widowers Under 50 - 3/12/2014
- Stewart’s Caring Place: A Cancer Wellness Center Events - 3/12/2014
- Akron Pops Orchestra - 3/13/2014