Valentine’s Day Social goes tropical
|Photos: Lew Stamp|
“It went well, and most people were happy with the new location,” said Goodhart.
Among those enjoying the evening was Olivia Sites, 5, who is pictured at right top, sharing a traditional Hawaiian lei with her grandmother, Connie Overholt.
The Calypso Gypsies provided steel drum melodies and toe-tapping rhythms from around the world to entertain the crowd, and the band also invited children to play along with some instruments.
Shown at right bottom is Nicholas Messina, 10, shaking maracas and dancing to the sounds of island music.
The event also included a pasta bar dinner, door prizes and other activities.
One of those activities included caricatures done by artist Scott Hall. Shown at left is Hailey Thornton, 8, in the background as Hall draws a sketch of her.
— By Maria Lindsay
More Community News
- Health district moving to West Akron
- Runners get in Halloween spirit
- Granger voters to see road, fire levies on ballot
- Fire levy on ballot in Sharon
- West Akron man volunteering in Ghana
- Falls implementing civil dispute program
- Boston to receive funds from NPS
- Richfield mayor discusses village’s investments
- Granger trustees continue to review conservation easement
- Stow Court modernizing, shares info with Richfield Chamber
- OFSC presents funds to burn unit
- West Side News & Notes
- Lakemore asking voters to renew fire levy
- Acme celebrates opening
- Coventry trustees asking voters to support Issue 53
- Residents oppose proposed gas line through Green
- Springfield helping with Canton Road corridor work
- Health district readies for new home
- Green Fire named STEMI Award winner
- Green employee receives Patriot Award
- Students share green thumb efforts
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Civil War Talk: General Sheridan - 10/20/2014
- Akron History Hike: Old Stone School - 10/20/2014
- Amazing World of Bats - 10/21/2014
- A New Beginning - 10/22/2014
- Bastille - 10/22/2014