Valentine’s Day Social goes tropical
|Photos: Lew Stamp|
“It went well, and most people were happy with the new location,” said Goodhart.
Among those enjoying the evening was Olivia Sites, 5, who is pictured at right top, sharing a traditional Hawaiian lei with her grandmother, Connie Overholt.
The Calypso Gypsies provided steel drum melodies and toe-tapping rhythms from around the world to entertain the crowd, and the band also invited children to play along with some instruments.
Shown at right bottom is Nicholas Messina, 10, shaking maracas and dancing to the sounds of island music.
The event also included a pasta bar dinner, door prizes and other activities.
One of those activities included caricatures done by artist Scott Hall. Shown at left is Hailey Thornton, 8, in the background as Hall draws a sketch of her.
— By Maria Lindsay
More Community News
- Sewer bill relief options debated
- Firestone alums get last, first looks at schools
- Council learns of drug treatment options
- Plusquellic steps back into spotlight
- Copley-Fairlawn D.A.R.E. impact shows in essays
- West Side News & Notes
- Falls Council honors Acme with street naming award
- Trustees hear updated plan for Cuyahoga Falls-Boston JEDD area
- Norton Council discusses proposed donation of cemetery
- Falls mayor to unveil new city logo
- Richfield trustees proceed with road levy
- Granger trustees discuss zoning issues
- Food sensitivities explored
- Norton Kiwanis welcomes member, presents check
- Norton officials participate in Special Olympics Torch Run
Calendar of Events
- Kinderealm: Colors of Nature: for ages 3-6 - 7/1/2016
- Buck Naked with Karri Fedor and Kerosene - 7/1/2016
- Patti & The Gene Fiocca Band - 7/1/2016
- Southbound - 7/1/2016
- Archery for Kids: ages 9-15 - 7/2/2016