Valentine’s Day Social goes tropical
|Photos: Lew Stamp|
“It went well, and most people were happy with the new location,” said Goodhart.
Among those enjoying the evening was Olivia Sites, 5, who is pictured at right top, sharing a traditional Hawaiian lei with her grandmother, Connie Overholt.
The Calypso Gypsies provided steel drum melodies and toe-tapping rhythms from around the world to entertain the crowd, and the band also invited children to play along with some instruments.
Shown at right bottom is Nicholas Messina, 10, shaking maracas and dancing to the sounds of island music.
The event also included a pasta bar dinner, door prizes and other activities.
One of those activities included caricatures done by artist Scott Hall. Shown at left is Hailey Thornton, 8, in the background as Hall draws a sketch of her.
— By Maria Lindsay
More Community News
- Akron Council raises campaign limits
- Animals in need find home at Forever Amber Acres
- Mustard Seed eyes May opening in Highland Square
- Reentry Network offers safety net for parolees
- West Side News & Notes
- Celebrate with religious sights, sounds
- Reentry Network announces 2015 programs
- Cub Scouts participate in ‘Operation Smile’
- Fairlawn officials remember former Council member
- OWRC installs 2015 officers
- Bath trustees reject fact-finder’s report
- Boston officials discuss new tax collection agency
- Sharon trustees revisit resurfacing agreement
- Hattie Larlham gets early Christmas gift
- Norton officers take part in Shop with a Cop
- Norton food drive to help families
Calendar of Events
- Akron Symphony Holiday Pops - 12/18/2014
- Akron Pops Orchestra Holiday Concert - 12/18/2014
- Yoga in the Park - 12/18/2014
- Weekday Walkers - 12/18/2014
- “Annie” - 12/18/2014