Falls Council to address numerous city roads
Cuyahoga Falls administration has compiled a lengthy list of roadways in need of attention in preparation for the 2013 construction season in the city.
At the Feb. 25 meeting, city officials presented Council with legislation that would approve various contracts for the repair resurfacing and/or construction of various streets.
Council heard the first reading of the ordinance that would be reviewed further, including cost figures, during the Public Improvements Committee meeting March 4.
According to the proposed piece of legislation, the annual street resurfacing program calls for the resurfacing of the following roadways:
- Anderson Road, from Myrtle to Curtis avenues;
- Fourth Street, from Chestnut to Broad boulevards;
- Bailey Road, from Front Street to state Route 8;
- Searl Street, from Tallmadge Road to Broadway Street East;
- Herbruck Avenue, from Highpoint Road to Parkview Drive;
- Marc Drive, from State Road to 105 Marc Drive;
- Americana Drive, from Chateau Drive to the north end of the city;
- Center Avenue, from Bailey to Anderson roads;
- Wichert Drive, from Center to Myrtle avenues;
- 11th Street, from Jefferson to Phelps avenues;
- Seventh Street, from Lincoln to Silver Lake avenues;
- Grant Avenue, from State Road to Second Street;
- Myrtle Avenue, from Bailey to Anderson roads;
- 13th Street, from Grant Avenue to Highbridge Road;
- Buckingham Gate Boulevard, from Bailey Road to Howe Avenue;
- Phelps Avenue, from 13th to 10th streets; and
- Hudson Drive, from Notre Dame Avenue to Graham Road.
Officials said the road program also would include grinding on Garfield Avenue, from Ironwood to Northland streets, and on 26th Street, from Maitland Avenue to the north end of the city.
The program additionally would include chip and seal work on School Avenue, from Cook Street to Bailey Road; Schubert Street, from School to Munroe Falls avenues; Center Avenue, from Bailey Road to the west end of the city; 17th Street, from Broad Boulevard to Jefferson Avenue; Jefferson Avenue, from 14th Street to North Haven Boulevard; and Meadow Lane, from Quick Road to Charlene Drive, the proposed legislation shows.
In addition, the proposed ordinance would allow for the rebuild of Johnson Avenue, from Oakwood to Elmwood drives, and the paving of Tallmadge Road, from Newberry Street to the 300 block of Clyde Avenue.
Officials said the paving of Tallmadge would be done with the Akron Metropolitan Area Transportation Study.
Also during the meeting, Council heard the first reading of an ordinance for the construction of a new water main in Maintland Avenue, between State Road and 26th Street.
Additionally, Council OK’d an ordinance providing various traffic control devices that:
√ prohibits parking on both sides of Marcia Boulevard between State Road and 23rd Street;
√ prohibits parking on the south side of Shaw Avenue between State Road and 23rd Street;
√ requires stop signs both eastbound and westbound on Graham Road Circle at its intersection with an unnamed connector road that connects Graham Road and Graham Road Circle, adjacent to 1050 Graham Road;
√ prohibits parking on the north side of Quartz Avenue from its easterly intersection with Boulder Boulevard;
√ prohibits parking on the north side of Boulder Boulevard from its easterly intersection with Quartz Avenue;
√ removes the stop sign controlling southbound traffic on 26th Street turning right at Sackett Avenue and install a yield sign; and
√ removes the stop sign controlling eastbound traffic on Broad Boulevard at 26th Street and install a yield sign.
Council will discuss new legislation during committee meetings March 4 at 6:30 p.m. at the Natatorium, 2345 Fourth St. Council will have its next regular meeting March 11 at 6:30 p.m. at the Natatorium.
More Community News
- Norton voters defeat sewer issue
- Copley lighting warms up cold night
- APS Board approves new teacher contract
- Firestone/Litchfield CLC progressing
- Good Neighbors helps those in need
- County Council approves 2014 budget
- Council renews Downtown Akron plan
- LA Fitness in plans for Portage Crossing
- Norton approves budget change for new dispatch center
- Copley pursuing new fire alerting system
- Peninsula Council discusses wastewater issues
- Richfield Village Council honors Revere boys soccer team
- Richfield trustees discuss zoning violations
- Granger trustees renew contract with Medina Sheriff’s Office
- Fairlawn VFW honors local generals at banquet
- Leadership Akron offering grant money for intergenerational activities
- Winter Solstice event set at Crown Point
- West Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Boy=Girl - 12/13/2013
- Ohio City Singers - 12/13/2013
- Christmas Tree Lighting - 12/13/2013
- Frankie Avalon - 12/14/2013
- The VooDoo Two - 12/14/2013