Local police departments announce upcoming Safety Town information
SUMMIT COUNTY — Safety Town is a free summer safety program offered to children who are about to enter kindergarten.
Children are provided instruction on many safety topics. Also, in a simulated village complete with miniature buildings, tricycles and traffic signals, children will practice and experience a variety of situations so they can respond decisively when confronted with those situations in real life, according to organizers. The subject of safety is combined with craft activities and songs.
Following is information on Bath, Copley, Fairlawn and Richfield’s 2013 Safety Town programs.
- Bath — June 10-14 from 9 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. or 12:30 to 2:45 p.m. at Bath Elementary School, 1246 N. Cleveland-Massillion Road. Registration will take place March 8 through June 1. Forms are available at 3864 W. Bath Road and online at www.bathtownship.org under the Police tab. It is open to Bath residents and/or future kindergarten students in the Revere Local Schools District or Old Trail School. For more information, call 330-666-3736.
- Copley — July 8-12 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. or 1 to 3:30 p.m. at Copley-Fairlawn Middle School, 1531 S. Cleveland-Massillon Road. Registration will take place May 21 to July 1. Forms are available at 1280 Sunset Drive and online after May 21 at www.copley.oh.us. It is open to Copley residents and/or future kindergarten students of Copley-Fairlawn City Schools. For more information, call 330-666-4218
- Fairlawn — June 24-28 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. or 1 to 3:30 p.m. at the Fairlawn-Kiwanis Community Center, 3486 S. Smith Road. Registration will be May 21 to June 14. Forms are available at 3487 S. Smith Road and online after May 21 at www.cityoffairlawn.com. It is open to Fairlawn residents and/or future kindergarten students of Copley-Fairlawn City Schools or St. Hilary School. For more information, call 330-670-4300.
- Richfield — June 24-28 from 9 a.m. to noon to 1 to 4 p.m. at Hillcrest Elementary School, 3080 Revere Road. Registration will be March 8 through June 1. Forms are available at 4450 W. Streetsboro Road. It is open to Richfield residents and/or future kindergarten students of Revere Local Schools. For more information, call 330-659-9500
Student volunteers also are needed. The minimum age requirements are as follows: Bath, 12 years of age; Copley and Fairlawn, 13 years of age; and for Richfield, students in grades seven and up.
Bath, Copley and Fairlawn volunteer application forms will be available online in accordance with the registration dates for children participating. Richfield volunteer application forms are available at the police department and in the high school and middle school buildings.
More Community News
- Derby celebrates 78th year
- Akron City Council OKs Wallhaven project
- Districting proposal making its way to ballot
- Confusion follows Falls Council’s charter change vote
- Boston optimistic with switch to RITA
- Richfield Village officials still considering water tower sites
- Leadership Akron selects members of new class
- Granger firefighters promoted to lieutenant rank
- Sanitarium scrapbook preservation in works
Calendar of Events
- “First Tuesday” Dance - 8/4/2015
- Experience the Underground Railroad - 8/4/2015
- Freezing and Canning Workshop - 8/4/2015
- Show and Tell Me a Story: for ages 1-3 - 8/5/2015
- #Akron Music Scene Showcase - 8/5/2015