Local police departments announce upcoming Safety Town information
SUMMIT COUNTY — Safety Town is a free summer safety program offered to children who are about to enter kindergarten.
Children are provided instruction on many safety topics. Also, in a simulated village complete with miniature buildings, tricycles and traffic signals, children will practice and experience a variety of situations so they can respond decisively when confronted with those situations in real life, according to organizers. The subject of safety is combined with craft activities and songs.
Following is information on Bath, Copley, Fairlawn and Richfield’s 2013 Safety Town programs.
- Bath — June 10-14 from 9 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. or 12:30 to 2:45 p.m. at Bath Elementary School, 1246 N. Cleveland-Massillion Road. Registration will take place March 8 through June 1. Forms are available at 3864 W. Bath Road and online at www.bathtownship.org under the Police tab. It is open to Bath residents and/or future kindergarten students in the Revere Local Schools District or Old Trail School. For more information, call 330-666-3736.
- Copley — July 8-12 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. or 1 to 3:30 p.m. at Copley-Fairlawn Middle School, 1531 S. Cleveland-Massillon Road. Registration will take place May 21 to July 1. Forms are available at 1280 Sunset Drive and online after May 21 at www.copley.oh.us. It is open to Copley residents and/or future kindergarten students of Copley-Fairlawn City Schools. For more information, call 330-666-4218
- Fairlawn — June 24-28 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. or 1 to 3:30 p.m. at the Fairlawn-Kiwanis Community Center, 3486 S. Smith Road. Registration will be May 21 to June 14. Forms are available at 3487 S. Smith Road and online after May 21 at www.cityoffairlawn.com. It is open to Fairlawn residents and/or future kindergarten students of Copley-Fairlawn City Schools or St. Hilary School. For more information, call 330-670-4300.
- Richfield — June 24-28 from 9 a.m. to noon to 1 to 4 p.m. at Hillcrest Elementary School, 3080 Revere Road. Registration will be March 8 through June 1. Forms are available at 4450 W. Streetsboro Road. It is open to Richfield residents and/or future kindergarten students of Revere Local Schools. For more information, call 330-659-9500
Student volunteers also are needed. The minimum age requirements are as follows: Bath, 12 years of age; Copley and Fairlawn, 13 years of age; and for Richfield, students in grades seven and up.
Bath, Copley and Fairlawn volunteer application forms will be available online in accordance with the registration dates for children participating. Richfield volunteer application forms are available at the police department and in the high school and middle school buildings.
More Community News
- Moneypenny ready to take mayor’s seat
- Copley celebrates Memorial Day
- Founders’ Day will mark AA’s 80th year
- Shy shares credit for park district successes
- West Side News & Notes
- Copley asks Ohio Supreme Court to hear Rothrock appeal
- Historic designation sought for Keyser property
- Copley trustees approve building replacement
- Richfield police chief warns residents about burglars
- Richfield trustees discuss Crowell Hilaka property use
Calendar of Events
- “Dumb and Dumber To” - 5/28/2015
- Gordon Lightfoot - 5/28/2015
- Hearing Loss Support Group - 5/28/2015
- Computer Keyboard Basics, eLearning the Easy Way & Excel Basics - 5/28/2015
- Women’s Art League of Akron Member Show - 5/28/2015